PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes HBAC1 test

willous1
30-03-21, 11:44
Hi all

My diet is not great and up and down. This morning I registered on the NHS app and can see previous blood results. It shows as 5.4% for the diabetes test. Although pre is 5.6 or above, does that mean I am bordering on pre? And that ultimately I will creep up? I had the finger privk test about 4 years ago and that was 5.4% I thing, it was done at the chemist. I think that's the same type of test? Am I wise to try get it down or because it's currently in the normal range do I just try and be healthy and not worry about it. Online info is rubbish and vary, it also talks about people who are already diabetic mostly. I am concerned because I have not been healthy and am now a bmi of about 29. I am going to get this down now!

ankietyjoe
30-03-21, 17:17
Whatever your readings are it's a good idea to be healthy, otherwise you'll be asking the same question at 30, 40 etc.

As for the readings, you need to speak with your Doctor about it. There are other factors involved.

In terms of diet, avoid processed carbs and eat less frequently. The NHS is now starting to treat diabetes with extended fasting and low carb diets. Prevention is better than cure, right?