PDA

View Full Version : C diff, colitis worries

Jewl18
31-03-21, 01:54
My worries are not about me but for my son who is married with 2 young children. I normally have extreme health anxiety and it doesn’t take much to set me off, my son was diagnosed with several autoimmune diseases last fall including iritis, colitis, and now found out he has C diff. He is on medication for the moderate c diff as of yesterday and I am beside myself with worry. My family tries to hide everything from me because I get so worked up. I feel so helpless for him and extremely guilty for causing my family to not want to tell me anything to upset me. Of course I’m googling everything and I’m in a state of panic. Does anybody have any experience with any of this, I am very worried about the C diff. Thank you. 🥺😥

StephA
31-03-21, 03:29
I’m so sorry to hear of your son’s troubles. I had C Diff three times in 2013, and it is not fun. The last two times I had it I was undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer so I had to be hospitalized. They finally had to put me on a Vancomycin taper and pulse dose to get rid of it. I was scared too because it’s an uncomfortable thing to have, and I was so exhausted from the C Diff on top of the chemo. I only tell you this because although it was scary at the time, I made it out just fine, and I’m sure your son will be fine too. They have even more treatments for it than they did when I had it, so he has more weapons so to speak, if they need to use them. There is a forum for C Diff if you want to check it out. It’s cdiffdiscuss.org. Please keep us posted. Feel free to DM me if you need to talk.

Jewl18
31-03-21, 05:51
Thank you for responding and sorry you have had c diff and breast cancer-you have been through so much! I appreciate your encouraging words. I will definitely check out the link, it’s hard watching your son deal with so many health issues and so busy with 2 small children. Thank you again

StephA
31-03-21, 13:43
No problem. I know it’s hard for parent’s to see their children ill and the helpless feeling. I don’t have children, but I remember the worry and concern on my parent’s face when I was going through my ordeal. It was the hardest thing to tell them I had cancer, because the last thing I wanted was for them to worry and to be scared. My husband and I were in NC at the time, and they were in TX. Luckily they were both retired when I was diagnosed, so they came to NC and stayed with us for nine months to help out. It helped them to actually see me and to see that I was actually okay for the most part. Was very hard but like I said we made it through. Your son will be okay too. (((HUGS)))

Lana
31-03-21, 17:28
Hello,

Just chiming in, and echoing what StephA said: that web site is absolutely amazing, and helped me hugely five years ago with C DIff. too. The admins there are very knowledgeable and have a lot of tips for C DIff sufferers. Also, there are new medications for C Diff, try to check if your son is on Dificid treament, which is currently the best for C Diff. The recovery is long, and annoying, but eventually it goes away. Your son will be fine, but must be careful in the future with antibiotics.

I also have a son ( 22 years old), that i worry about all the time. There is nothing we can do about it.

Wishing you and your son all the best, and very speedy recovery to him.

Jewl18
31-03-21, 21:10
Thank you for reaching out, my son is taking vancomycin I will tell him about Dificid. What’s crazy is he was not on any anabiotic’s and hasn’t been on any since last June. We have no idea how he got it unless it was at work because he is a physical therapist but they are always washing there hands and wearing masks etc. He does have the colitis and the doctor told him C diff can definitely happen when you have colitis?? Thanks again. ��