PDA

View Full Version : Popping, crackling lungs.....

jinglebells
31-03-21, 18:33
Hi, after a little advice or similar experience....

5 weeks ago I developed a really tight chest and non productive cough out of nowhere, no illness. Stole my husbands fostair inhaler 3 days in as really struggling and couldn’t see go, got through it but it was horrendous, really uncomfortable and could breathe.

I was a smokers of 22 years with a few years off in between. I haven’t smoked a single cigarette since, that is how bad it was.

Thought it was getting better but got worse again, felt like I couldn’t get a breath in, especially on one side. Back to the GP, possible infection, antibiotics for 7 days, slow improvement, still cough and crackly chest but much looser. Had 2 days where I was ok, mild chest tightness but no cough. Thought I was fixed.

Cough now returned, more productive with white phlegm, crackling badly when I breath in, worse when laying down, slight tightness. On steroids now and ventalin. I feel much less breathless despite my musical chest.

Clear chest x-ray (done as one vigorous coughing episode led to blood in phlegm)

Could this be a hang over from an infection, I am not convinced as I was not sick? COPD? Effects of giving up smoking?

Definitely not covid as numerous negative tests.

The crackling popping makes me anxious, 😥 Health anxiety been relatively under control but you never fully get over the urge to obsessively google and freak out!

ankietyjoe
31-03-21, 21:39
Crackling is common with chest infections, it's just mucus in the airways. Can last for weeks after an infection.

I've had it plenty of times.

jinglebells
01-04-21, 00:36
That is why i love this forum. Thank you, that is exactly what I need to hear 😊