PDA

View Full Version : OK here I go again ..brain tumour!

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 08:45
So i had a migraine for 3 days and now it's followed by a head ache for another 3 days. I'm approaching a week of having a head ache and it's not shifting. I've tried to convince myself i am not!! Dying of a brain tumour but my anxiety is getting the better of me 😭 I've only ever had a headache for 2 days never a week! Doctor recommended eye test as they can see at the back of the eye. Now I'm convinced I've got one because she's sent me to them for them to find one.
Lord give me strength! What I'd do to knock this anxiety out of me. If any one has experienced an anxiety of this before please calm me down. Argh.

fizzymoon86
01-04-21, 08:55
It’s hard not to jump to worst case scenarios with things like headaches but it is most likely caused by something totally trivial like you need different glasses (or glasses if you don’t wear them currently) or even not drinking enough water! I’ve had times where I’ve woken up with a headache every day for so long and it turned out I wasn’t drinking any water so I was really quite dehydrated.

Also, a headache from a brain tumour would more often than not be described as the worst pain you’ve ever felt and then some. If you can go about your daily business despite the pain etc then I’d say it’s a simple solution but the eye test will give them an idea about whether there is anything that needs to be done! Sending happy calm thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 10:37
Thank you fizzymoon. I feel much better reading that. I hope it's just dehydration and a bit of anxiety. I've been okay in the day but i keep getting them badly in the evenings. I once read that with brain tumours the headache gets worse throughout the day so that's obviously stuck with me now. Argh!

Thank you though! It's eased me a little.

ankietyjoe
01-04-21, 14:16
Stop reading about brain tumours then.

WiredIncorrectly
01-04-21, 14:53
I want to respond in a way Dr. House would, but I don't think it'd be appreciated by OP.

OP, turn your Internet off and go do some exercise.

fizzymoon86
01-04-21, 15:45
Thank you fizzymoon. I feel much better reading that. I hope it's just dehydration and a bit of anxiety. I've been okay in the day but i keep getting them badly in the evenings. I once read that with brain tumours the headache gets worse throughout the day so that's obviously stuck with me now. Argh!

Thank you though! It's eased me a little.

Haha now you see I once read that brain tumours cause headaches first thing in the morning and get better through the day. Your best bet is to stop reading about brain tumours :)

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 18:18
Stop reading about brain tumours then.
Who said I didn't read this before i suffered health anxiety ?
I don't research nothing since having it so i can do without your pointless comment to be fair 👍

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 18:21
Oh really. Interesting.
I actually don't read about them. I've read a story going back in 2010. 6 years before I suffered from health anxiety.

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 18:24
I'm really not looking for doctors advice, I just wanted some reassurance that I am not alone and someone else have struggled with chronic headaches along side there health anxiety too.
It just helps to know that I could be possibly over reacting a little.
Thank you though.

fizzymoon86
01-04-21, 18:31
I’ve definitely gone down the headache = brain tumour road a number of times. I’ve had health anxiety since I was a kid, it peaked when I was about 16, then again when I was 27 and now I’m 34 it’s tearing it’s ugly head again. In that time I have self diagnosed many many brain tumours which turned out to be hydration related, or I needed glasses/new glasses, or hay fever, and even having the heating during the night in our old flat! It took months of waking up with awful headaches to realise that it was the storage heater in the bedroom drying out the room at night.

Long story short, you’re not alone. Wait for your eye test and take it from there :)

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 18:39
Oh no, that's a long time to have suffered with it.
I've had mine since I was 26, after mistakingly being given someone else's results at the hospital and it's plagued me since. I am 31 now!
I suffer from vertigo with my ears too so I've got that, with nausea and the headache so it's really not helping.
Glad to hear I'm not alone! It's a challenging health condition I must admit. At a constant battle with my own brain!
Thank you for the support though. Greatly appreciate it 😊

WiredIncorrectly
01-04-21, 19:00
You said:

can do without your pointless comment to be fair

And then you said ...

I just wanted some reassurance

If you're having that attitude with people then it is you that is wasting peoples time. It's called reassurance seeking and it's a thing: https://www.verywellmind.com/excessive-reassurance-seeking-2510549

pulisa
01-04-21, 19:46
It could also be related to tension in your neck and shoulders where there are loads of active trigger points which can refer pain into the head.

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 20:34
Excuse me ?! How exactly am I wasting peoples time by looking to see if anyone have suffered with similar experiences. There are actually some supportive people out there who can relate.
If you haven't got anything nice to say get off my post? Someone commenting 'don't look up brain tumours then' is a pointless comment based on assumptions. I didn't for one say I had currently been researching about them.
I don't want that kind of attitude on my post so that is my response. Thanks

Sophs50522
01-04-21, 20:35
Thanks pulisa, that is a possibility as I have lost a few family members recently and may be a build up of stress!

Fishmanpa
01-04-21, 22:54
I just wanted some reassurance that I am not alone and someone else have struggled with chronic headaches along side there health anxiety too.

There are literally page and pages of this on the forum. Do a search or look at the bottom of the page for similar threads.

FMP

WiredIncorrectly
02-04-21, 01:52
Excuse me ?! How exactly am I wasting peoples time by looking to see if anyone have suffered with similar experiences. There are actually some supportive people out there who can relate.
If you haven't got anything nice to say get off my post? Someone commenting 'don't look up brain tumours then' is a pointless comment based on assumptions. I didn't for one say I had currently been researching about them.
I don't want that kind of attitude on my post so that is my response. Thanks

You seem agitated towards people that don't give you the answers you're looking for.

You know this is anxiety, and a doctor would tell you to stop seeking reassurance, and Googling. That response was perfectly valid. You have definately Googled. You don't go from eye test to brain tumor without Google. If there was any concern you had a tumor you'd be seeing (no pun) an oncologist not an optometrist. The doctor only recommended, so I assume he didn't refer.

The less you consume your brain with this worry, the better you'll be. Discussing the point of anxiety is further feeding the anxiety. You've got to ignore it if you really want this worry to go away.

Sophs50522
02-04-21, 08:54
You seem agitated towards people that don't give you the answers you're looking for.

You know this is anxiety, and a doctor would tell you to stop seeking reassurance, and Googling. That response was perfectly valid. You have definately Googled. You don't go from eye test to brain tumor without Google. If there was any concern you had a tumor you'd be seeing (no pun) an oncologist not an optometrist. The doctor only recommended, so I assume he didn't refer.

The less you consume your brain with this worry, the better you'll be. Discussing the point of anxiety is further feeding the anxiety. You've got to ignore it if you really want this worry to go away.

I have definitely googled? Do you suffer health anxiety at all? Because your lack of knowledge is the only thing that is getting on my nerves. You don't know me, you don't know what I Google or not.
I've had health anxiety for 5 years and I know fully well not to Google my symptoms. Just because I fear I have a brain tumour from symptoms that do not mean I've been googling about headaches.

I may know I suffer anxiety but not everything is anxiety. And if you truly suffered from it then you would know this but you don't. My assumption is that you don't suffer from anxiety and that you got nothing else to do with your life other than sit behind your keyboard targeting certain threads with your negativity.

Just thought I would throw some assumptions in there like you have done.

And in terms of the agitated towards people on this thread, where exactly? It's only you supporting a false comment that have started me off.