PDA

View Full Version : Sanitiser in eye...panicking

willous1
01-04-21, 21:00
I just got some sanitiser in my eye and panicking so much after it squirted from the bottle. I went home 10 minutes later and washed my eye for 30 seconds thinking that would be OK. There has been no real redness or soreness about from the initial few seconds of the gel hitting the eyes but now im panicking and can hardly breath with worry after being on Google.

willous1
01-04-21, 21:03
Waiting for a 111 call back...what if its caused permanent damage

nomorepanic
01-04-21, 21:27
They wouldn't be allowed to sell it if it could do that.

You will be fine.

fizzymoon86
01-04-21, 21:44
What scary things is Google saying about sanitiser in the eye?

I’ve got it in my eye on more than one occasion and I can still see. I didn’t even wash my eye, no need. It’s all good, 111 will tell you not to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willous1
01-04-21, 22:15
Thank you both! My anxiety is heightened at the moment which has not helped me. I haven't received a call yet but know they are very busy, I may call to cancel as relaxing a bit now. The eye is not sore at all. My son said he got it in his eye and thought nothing of it...he's 11. More common sense than me.

Pamplemousse
01-04-21, 22:21
It's mostly isopropyl alcohol. It'll make your eye sore for a while, but that's about it; I've done it too :redface:

willous1
01-04-21, 22:59
Thanks Pample.

Google is awful! I never ever learn. I just had a shower and washed by eyes for a few minutes, they are more sore from that then the gel ��