PDA

View Full Version : Never felt so good

feelthelove
04-04-21, 20:33
Had a full year of time off with my husband during the lockdowns. Well we went for walks and drives and had a great time .
We just finished the garden, bought a new summer house got the pool up and running with a polytunnel cover over . Went in there today , it was 50 degrees under there and the pool was 32 degrees, so spent a good few hours floating around on the lounger (happy days)
:shades:
Health wise , I feel really great . Had some phobic moments during the past year and really could have done with some counselling , but my counsellor is too busy so it seems (haven't heard from her in months ). Oh well I'm still here and I don't need her so it seems .

Still it would be nice to receive help from her , seems everything stops for 'shush FTL ' :scared15:.
:winks: So it seems that good things came out of a full year in and out of lockdown .

I've never been scared of (it) and basically carried on living and enjoying myself, and I intend to do just that .

I feel my time has come to and end on here though . I don't post often and don't intend to from now on .

I have made some very lovely friends on here who have helped me I can't name them all , but you know who you are .

The last year has changed us all , some of us have carried on as normal , some have struggled .
I wish you all well and wish you health and happiness .
To those of you who have tried to challenge my belief , I wish you health and happiness .
God bless

WiredIncorrectly
04-04-21, 21:25
That's awesome feelthelove. That must feel amazing to have your own pool. Congratulations on your good health and wealth.

Fishmanpa
04-04-21, 22:03
Buh Bye :emot-wave:

FMP

Carys
04-04-21, 22:11
So long :emot-wave:

Lencoboy
04-04-21, 22:15
Well that's very encouraging and indeed refreshing to hear!

Carnation
04-04-21, 22:23
May your positive outlook continue feelthelove.

MyNameIsTerry
05-04-21, 02:00
FTL, I don't agree with your beliefs about Covid, much as I disagree with the political views of some on here, but I remember the person you were before recent arguments on here. None of us are perfect, everyone has their flaws, but I remember a kind and respectful gran who loved her family and was supportive of others on here.

Disagreement doesn't mean we forget why we came her in the first place. And I am saying this to everyone. Let's not have another argument because it is only make you ALL look bad.

I know you are upset, as are others on either side of this argument, but let's remember not to generalise about each other and to rise above this bickering. I say this to you too because all it will bring you is grief.

If you leave I wish you all the best for the future and good health for you and your loved ones.

WiredIncorrectly
05-04-21, 13:18
Buh Bye :emot-wave:

FMP

Time to dig into post history when FMP issues a goodbye.

Edit: Ah, the COVID thread. I missed that as it's in a forum I rarely venture.

Edit 2: Seems like feelthelove has made some great improvements. I don't know the person from the forum so I can't base any views off previous posts. I'm sure my post history is just as bad. Congratulations are still in order!

Carnation
05-04-21, 13:53
Lovely post Terry :hugs:

feelthelove
06-04-21, 13:05
FTL, I don't agree with your beliefs about Covid, much as I disagree with the political views of some on here, but I remember the person you were before recent arguments on here. None of us are perfect, everyone has their flaws, but I remember a kind and respectful gran who loved her family and was supportive of others on here.

Disagreement doesn't mean we forget why we came her in the first place. And I am saying this to everyone. Let's not have another argument because it is only make you ALL look bad.

I know you are upset, as are others on either side of this argument, but let's remember not to generalise about each other and to rise above this bickering. I say this to you too because all it will bring you is grief.

If you leave I wish you all the best for the future and good health for you and your loved ones.

Hi Terry, You have been supportive to me always ,I haven't argued with anyone on here about covid, I've just stood by belief which we are all entitled to . I have tried to help others on here also . At the moment its all about the virus and vaccine so i can't in all honesty participate in supporting anyone who is scared of that . I'm not ashamed to say I am scared of the vaccine because of my health anxiety and fear of medications , added to this is the list of side effects that were recorded in the trial and you know my brother died suddenly from myocarditis that is serious and that has added to my fear of the vaccine . I haven't received any support over this fear and its a real fear a real anxiety that has kept me awake many many nights . There isn't any support on this forum for any of us who might be fearful of the vaccine , it simply isn't here and this is supposed to be an a forum to support and help people with anxiety . I know we cannot all agree with each other all the time , but some on here seem to be just plain nasty and obsessed that 'you don't believe in the covid or the vaccine you shouldn't be here' I know this isn't how you feel . I don't have any issues with anyone having their own beliefs but we should all be receiving support in what makes us anxious . I've started using another forum to get support and that is why I feel so good at the moment , I hope it lasts . I wish you health and happiness also .

Carys
06-04-21, 13:21
There isn't any support on this forum for any of us who might be fearful of the vaccine , it simply isn't here and this is supposed to be an a forum to support and help people with anxiety

This just is not true. There is a lot of support for those with vaccine fear, and I know I've personally participated in quite a few threads of people who are fearful of the vaccine - infact as I have my own phobias about medications (of any sort) I have even discussed my own fears, before having the vaccine. I think it is wrong of you to have an anti-vaccine avatar, as it influences other people, whereas your vaccine fear isn't based in fact or science, but purely your own anxiety. It is exactly what I thought the situation was, you are validating your own anxiety and promoting avoidance by advocating non-vaccination. HOw on earth can we support you in your fear of the situation, without challenging your belief that there is NO Covid ???

Fishmanpa
06-04-21, 13:44
I'm going to be brave and tell you that I do not believe in covid-19.I don't believe it because I am what you call a conspiracy theorist , but i don't care it is my belief .

I'm disappointed with nmp because I need support with my anxiety which is sky high because of the lockdowns, the everyday in my face covid related fear being instilled in me if I let it .I feel that covid believers on here want me to explain and I don't want to , I don't have to and I don't and won't change my mind .

I know most on here are believers in covid and the vaccines and whatever else goes with it all , but I have a right to my opinion I have a right to not believe it and I do not have to explain why I don't believe it all .

I have been looking in on the forum quite a lot , just to see if there are any others on here who do not believe in covid.
I'd really love to know there are people who feel the same , but are struggling with their anxiety not out of fear of covid , but the impact it is all having on them .

I don't want questioning about my belief thank you , I would like to find support from others who feel the same as I do and just knowing others believe the same thing would be a good start to my selfish self feeling better .

Please don't reply to this thread if you intend to question me or brow beat me about why I don't believe in covid , because I don't have to explain , I am a free thinking human being and as I respect those who believe in covid I would like the same respect back thanks . Peace and love to you all whatever you believe .

This about says it all.

Being that many here have actually had it, know people who have, lost loved ones and/or friends to COVID and many here, despite their fears, are getting the vaccine, you're in the very small minority that believe as you do. I believe you knew that to post what you did in such a confrontational way would garner the reaction it did and I also believe you were intentional with your words. You say you respect those who believe in COVID but your words are contrary to that. If indeed, you respect those that believe in fact and science, you wouldn't have posted that, realized this is not a good fit and found a place that was.

I'm sure there are places on the web where you can find support and like minded people. Stay well and good luck!

FMP

feelthelove
06-04-21, 16:22
This about says it all.

Being that many here have actually had it, know people who have, lost loved ones and/or friends to COVID and many here, despite their fears, are getting the vaccine, you're in the very small minority that believe as you do. I believe you knew that to post what you did in such a confrontational way would garner the reaction it did and I also believe you were intentional with your words. You say you respect those who believe in COVID but your words are contrary to that. If indeed, you respect those that believe in fact and science, you wouldn't have posted that, realized this is not a good fit and found a place that was.

I'm sure there are places on the web where you can find support and like minded people. Stay well and good luck!

FMP

Not believing is allowed , be blessed .

feelthelove
06-04-21, 16:27
This just is not true. There is a lot of support for those with vaccine fear, and I know I've personally participated in quite a few threads of people who are fearful of the vaccine - infact as I have my own phobias about medications (of any sort) I have even discussed my own fears, before having the vaccine. I think it is wrong of you to have an anti-vaccine avatar, as it influences other people, whereas your vaccine fear isn't based in fact or science, but purely your own anxiety. It is exactly what I thought the situation was, you are validating your own anxiety and promoting avoidance by advocating non-vaccination. HOw on earth can we support you in your fear of the situation, without challenging your belief that there is NO Covid ???

And you just answered your own question , you are not prepared to give support because I don't believe covid or the vaccine, Thank you for being so honest :).

Carys
06-04-21, 16:39
Ha ha ! You are fab at twisting things, I'll hand that to you, quite a manipulator. How can people who believe one thing, and only have experience of one thing, support someone who has an off the wall belief, of which the other people have no understanding ? You simply can't expect people to show understanding or empathy. It would be like asking someone who has never had children to have a chat about childbirth, then berate them for being 'unsupportive' when they come up with nothing to say.

Trouble with having a vaccine - scared ? - funnily enough I have just replied to another person about that very matter and I would have replied to you in just the same way. Lets be realistic here, you are SCARED of the vaccine, not that you don't believe in it, that is why you aren't having it, but luckily for you the majority will have it and save you from another lockdown - hopefully.

Fed up of lockdown, yeah, you share that fact with many on here. However, you started a thread saying you had no belief in COVID, how many people here do you think feel the same way ? really ? So, now you've found, presumably a community of people who also believe there is no covid. Excellent, they can now empathise with you. So, why returning to this thread and this forum ? I think too that you are well aware of your words and behaviour. Please don't quote the bible back at me, its a waste of your time. :roflmao:

feelthelove
06-04-21, 16:47
I'm not here to manipulate anyone . You came onto this thread because you are a bully .

Carys
06-04-21, 16:54
Oh rightho. :roflmao:

feelthelove
06-04-21, 16:56
that's a great response, so you proved again that you're a bully . I love that imoticon too , look :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

feelthelove
06-04-21, 17:01
Ha ha ! You are fab at twisting things, I'll hand that to you, quite a manipulator. How can people who believe one thing, and only have experience of one thing, support someone who has an off the wall belief, of which the other people have no understanding ? You simply can't expect people to show understanding or empathy. It would be like asking someone who has never had children to have a chat about childbirth, then berate them for being 'unsupportive' when they come up with nothing to say.

Trouble with having a vaccine - scared ? - funnily enough I have just replied to another person about that very matter and I would have replied to you in just the same way. Lets be realistic here, you are SCARED of the vaccine, not that you don't believe in it, that is why you aren't having it, but luckily for you the majority will have it and save you from another lockdown - hopefully.

Fed up of lockdown, yeah, you share that fact with many on here. However, you started a thread saying you had no belief in COVID, how many people here do you think feel the same way ? really ? So, now you've found, presumably a community of people who also believe there is no covid. Excellent, they can now empathise with you. So, why returning to this thread and this forum ? I think too that you are well aware of your words and behaviour. Please don't quote the bible back at me, its a waste of your time. :roflmao:

I have no shame in my fear of the vaccine , firstly I think its a trial and not a vaccine , secondly I found out the trial tests and on that test is a condition called myocarditis which my healthy brother died from in 1994 aged 31 years old, in the test for the jab one person died from myocarditis caused by the jab and some survived myocarditis , so yeah I am scared and not sure how that's hard to comprehend .

Fishmanpa
06-04-21, 17:16
I have no shame in my fear of the vaccine , firstly I think its a trial and not a vaccine ...so yeah I am scared and not sure how that's hard to comprehend .

I know most on here are believers in covid and the vaccines and whatever else goes with it all , but I have a right to my opinion I have a right to not believe it and I do not have to explain why I don't believe it all .

Not believing is allowed

So which is it FTL? You don't believe in it or a fear? Can't be both :whistles:

FMP

feelthelove
06-04-21, 17:45
So which is it FTL? You don't believe in it or a fear? Can't be both :whistles:

FMP

You're another bully who has come onto this thread hoping to brow beat me into your way of believing. I have no time to sit here entertaining you so you'll have to run along and find someone else to bully .
It's not my fault you don't understand what I have said about the vaccine , so I'm leaving you to it , you can go find someone else to play with .
See ya .

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-21, 18:08
A long time ago a member had an argument with another. She chose to leave because of it. Raised a thread to say goodbye and the other party started the same argument up all over again.

It looked really bad. Can't you guys see this?

Let it go...

pulisa
06-04-21, 18:09
But we understand that you don't want the vaccine. There's no argument here. You have your reasons and so be it.

What we don't understand is why you believe that you are being coerced into changing your beliefs? You're not being persecuted despite your somewhat aggressive approach.

pulisa
06-04-21, 18:09
A long time ago a member had an argument with another. She chose to leave because of it. Raised a thread to say goodbye and the other party started the same argument up all over again.

It looked really bad. Can't you guys see this?

Let it go...

But that means both sides of the discussion.

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-21, 18:23
But that means both sides of the discussion.

Yes, which I said earlier.

But going from thread to thread, which recently saw both sides hijacking some else's thread and now Admin have give it the Mafia hit treatment, to carry this on will only fuel it.

Carys
06-04-21, 18:41
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. This 'long time member' hijacked another thread of someone who was terrified with her anti-vaccination agenda, albeit displaying somewhat inconsistent and confused principles. Then she teamed up with an nmp troll.

I saw no argument, I saw anti-vaccination ideology being challenged. After challenging, including her 'I don't like NMP, nobody understands me' threads, she simply didn't like it and posted a leaving thread (which she seems to keep returning to).

I have nothing further to say, as have already tried to explain clearly to the OP why her approach was met with a lack of understanding, and have no intention of further replies. Period.

Carnation
06-04-21, 18:45
I'm in agreement with Terry. I'm still suffering from the last time. Please remember this is a mental health forum. ��

Fishmanpa
06-04-21, 19:07
Please remember this is a mental health forum. ��

This is true and I can see how one might adopt irrational ideological beliefs to compensate for their anxiety, but the fact remains, one cannot fear what they do not believe in. An analogy would be cancer. People have died of COVID and people die of cancer every day! Saying you don't believe in COVID or the vaccine is a kin to saying you don't believe that cancer exists nor chemo is a treatment but still being afraid of cancer and the treatment! It just makes no sense! :huh:

If the OP chooses to adopt those beliefs in order to compensate for a traumatic experience, so be it, but that's not how it was presented and was reinforced by the conspiracy nonsense repeatedly. That's still no reason to passively aggressively post conspiracy nonsense, blame the forum or call people names publicly and privately!

FMP

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-21, 19:18
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. This 'long time member' hijacked another thread of someone who was terrified with her anti-vaccination agenda, albeit displaying somewhat inconsistent and confused principles. Then she teamed up with an nmp troll.

I saw no argument, I saw anti-vaccination ideology being challenged. After challenging, including her 'I don't like NMP, nobody understands me' threads, she simply didn't like it and posted a leaving thread (which she seems to keep returning to).

I have nothing further to say, as have already tried to explain clearly to the OP why her approach was met with a lack of understanding, and have no intention of further replies. Period.

Can't remember that thread without checking but I strongly disagree with scaremongering. Even if you believe in something you can still approach a situation carefully and respect the opposite sides beliefs and comfort them. I know you will agree with that.

The thread that has disappeared I saw her post her fear about clots and there was no anti vax in that post. Then several members started with snark about her views from other threads. She responded with her views. I have no idea what happened from my post onwards and the thread was gone when I came back on.

I know there was deliberate sock puppet stuff on one thread which I recall is the locked one she started herself. So did that happen again on the missing thread?

Sock puppets and trolling should be dealt with by Admin. If that means bans, I think that's far. Raising this thread with swipes at others is something I disagree with but so is going from thread to thread keeping this going.

There are faults on both sides. That's why I'm saying everyone let it go. Otherwise it's just going to be the crap that happens on repetitive poster threads.

WiredIncorrectly
06-04-21, 20:07
There isn't any support on this forum for any of us who might be fearful of the vaccine

There's lots :) Go to the Misc -> COVID forum.

WiredIncorrectly
06-04-21, 20:23
I have no shame in my fear of the vaccine , firstly I think its a trial and not a vaccine , secondly I found out the trial tests and on that test is a condition called myocarditis which my healthy brother died from in 1994 aged 31 years old, in the test for the jab one person died from myocarditis caused by the jab and some survived myocarditis , so yeah I am scared and not sure how that's hard to comprehend .

I've been here a while and I can tell you there isn't a member on this thread that would bully. But, there have been times my mental health hasn't been well and I've said things out of line and even thought some member were against me. But that's in my head. This is a mental health forum, and many of us are fighting this battle all the time.

Is your mental health ok? I feel like you might have some ways to go still?

Every member on this thread are good people. They will go out of their way to help you. I can promise you that.

Fill your heart with good vibes, and good thoughts. Be kind. Be honest. Be open to discussion and open to change.

Fishmanpa
06-04-21, 20:50
Might be worth reviewing this thread (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?243930-disappointed-with-nmp-about-some-issues-let-me-explain) Wired.... Apparently, something that happened 27 years ago is the catalyst for this and while I can understand the traumatic effect it had on the OP, to use that as an excuse to spew conspiracy nonsense and attack the essence of the forum is uncalled for. The AZ vaccine is the only one that has been linked to causing a similar reaction and it's been discontinued in many instances due to that, in spite of only 6 cases out of 6 million+ vaccines. And, there is no definitive link to blame it on the vaccine, but better to be cautious in light of the situation. Personally, I'd take that chance.

That's besides the point. Look at my replies and the actual highlighted words of the OP concerning her belief in the illness itself and the remedy as well as the original post that started this and you'll see a little more clearly.

Yes, I agree to drop it but someone needs to take the first step and follow through on what was said about remaining on the forum. I'm sure my late COVID victim uncle would agree :weep:

FMP

WiredIncorrectly
06-04-21, 21:19
Might be worth reviewing this thread (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?243930-disappointed-with-nmp-about-some-issues-let-me-explain) Wired.... Apparently, something that happened 27 years ago is the catalyst for this and while I can understand the traumatic effect it had on the OP, to use that as an excuse to spew conspiracy nonsense and attack the essence of the forum is uncalled for. The AZ vaccine is the only one that has been linked to causing a similar reaction and it's been discontinued in many instances due to that, in spite of only 6 cases out of 6 million+ vaccines. And, there is no definitive link to blame it on the vaccine, but better to be cautious in light of the situation. Personally, I'd take that chance.

That's besides the point. Look at my replies and the actual highlighted words of the OP concerning her belief in the illness itself and the remedy as well as the original post that started this and you'll see a little more clearly.

Yes, I agree to drop it but someone needs to take the first step and follow through on what was said about remaining on the forum. I'm sure my late COVID victim uncle would agree :weep:

FMP

Yeah I read through that. OP is brutal there, definitely looks like mental health out of wack. OP feels constantly attacked, and lashes out without thought. Big red flag that a mental health issue is at play here. That's no excuse for how OP responds though.

That bloody COVID forum, and any COVID thread, is a route to all evil.

OP let's address the real issues at play here. What's going on?

Fishmanpa
06-04-21, 21:35
That's no excuse for how OP responds though.

I agree.... Having been in relationships where mental illness played a large part of the situation, I do understand how mental illness can play a part in how one relates or responds to stress and triggers. Still. that's no excuse for being an :whistles:

FMP

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-21, 23:20
Yeah I read through that. OP is brutal there, definitely looks like mental health out of wack. OP feels constantly attacked, and lashes out without thought. Big red flag that a mental health issue is at play here. That's no excuse for how OP responds though.

That bloody COVID forum, and any COVID thread, is a route to all evil.

OP let's address the real issues at play here. What's going on?

James, I can remember speaking to FTL before all of this and what I've seen recently isn't her (to me anyway). She's also mentioned the threat of losing the family business.

It's another reason I'm saying let's move on. Yes, things need to be challenged but, as you've alluded to about yourself, it may not be the time.

Then someone makes a dig and off goes the argument.

Carnation
06-04-21, 23:28
Whether it be for the good or bad, I find it uncomfortable to see a member being discussed in this way on a very public forum. Any concerns about a member should be done by private conversation and for their benefit and not as a public discussion.

nomorepanic
06-04-21, 23:29
Maybe the husband is using her account - I had to ban his login as he was quite aggressive towards people and especially admin. Just a thought

nomorepanic
06-04-21, 23:32
People are angry, frustrated and annoyed carnation and want to express that.

We can't keep on closing threads all the time. Sometimes it is best to let people have their say and from both sides of the arguement and things usually calm down or we end up closing the thread anyway :doh:

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-21, 23:43
Whether it be for the good or bad, I find it uncomfortable to see a member being discussed in this way on a very public forum. Any concerns about a member should be done by private conversation and for their benefit and not as a public discussion.

Yes, you're right. It could be upsetting. :flowers:

Carnation
06-04-21, 23:46
Ok Nicola.I suppose I was just expressing how it made me feel as well.

nomorepanic
06-04-21, 23:55
Oh it upsets me as well that people can be cruel sometimes carnation

AntsyVee
07-04-21, 04:52
If people choose to post online, they have to realize they may not always get the responses they want to hear. You should be old enough to know that and not get butt hurt about it, IMO. Your avatar choice and this thread was a passive aggressive move meant to serve as an “I told you so”, but you didn’t realize it would backfire on you, I think. If you didn’t want the arguments again, you should’ve never posted on the other Covid thread. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it.

People who have anxiety have intrusive thoughts about irrational fears. We help each other by pointing out the irrationality of our fears and anxiety. Expecting the forum members not to point out to you the irrationality of your fears about the origins of Covid is naive. Sorry, but I think you’re just going to have to accept that situation even if you choose not to accept the info about Covid.

pulisa
07-04-21, 07:46
I hope you are ok, FTL, and not being manipulated into expressing these views online?

Carys
07-04-21, 07:56
That thought occurred to me too P. :sad:

pulisa
07-04-21, 08:07
Especially as the nature of the posts is very out of character apparently.

Carys
07-04-21, 08:27
Yes.

(Antsyvee, great post :))

Carnation
07-04-21, 10:53
I've known feelthelove as a very gentle and caring person over a long period of time which was why I was concerned about the reactions on here. I don't take sides, I have my own opinion and as I stated yesterday my opinion was I felt uncomfortable and sad with the nature of some of the posting.

Carys
07-04-21, 10:58
The point is, this might not be FLT 'talking' Carnation.

Carnation
07-04-21, 11:18
Yes, I'm aware of that possibility Carys. It may be a combination of two people as I know when feelthelove senses bullying, even if it's borderline, her hubby may jump in on her defense, as many a husband or partner would do.
I've had a couple of incidences in the past where a member has upset me and ended in tears and my o/h has been concerned and wanted to seek the person who made me that way. It's only natural. But for me, it never came to that. But it is possible that feelthelove started the post and hubby could have taken over and responded to some of the members. It doesn't make feelthelove a bad person and I suppose its only natural to respond as we do as it's human nature. But maybe a pause before pressing the send button maybe needed as the nature of the topic is a fuelling one of high running emotions and opinions and generally ends up in upset.
It's probably why Terry suggests "Letting it Go".

Carys
07-04-21, 11:27
Hi Carnation. I am aware of people saying 'let it go' but there is a right to reply also, for the sake of the more vulnerable who fear vaccines and those who have lost people to covid, and one must remember where the initial aggression came from, how this all started, and the rather strange accusations. Anyway, I am now personally more concerned that FLT may be being manipulated or coerced and am not discussing the whole vaccine/covid issue now. I personally wouldn't expect a husband or partner to 'jump in' actually, I deal with my own issues without involving anyone else. I resent the suggestion of 'bullying'- that term needs to be used very carefully -challenging an irrational/confused or unhelpful set of thoughts is often never welcomed by any OP, but it doesn't make people 'bullies' .

Only FLT can answer that question about her reasons for posting in the way she has, but who even knows if its her reading and responding ? As her OH has been banned and possibly her login compromised, I guess we might never know, but she also has a 'right to reply' and can expect we all move on with no hard feelings.

WiredIncorrectly
07-04-21, 13:08
James, I can remember speaking to FTL before all of this and what I've seen recently isn't her (to me anyway). She's also mentioned the threat of losing the family business.

It's another reason I'm saying let's move on. Yes, things need to be challenged but, as you've alluded to about yourself, it may not be the time.

Then someone makes a dig and off goes the argument.

Agreed Terry. I think FTL is cool. I just see similarities in the way FTL posts and the way I have posted myself at times.

I love every member on this forum :)

:bighug1:

AntsyVee
07-04-21, 17:39
Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but what I think happened is this: FTL has been angry with NMP for a bit. If you see that one thread (the one FMP posted), she felt that because we didn't agree with her, NMP wasn't supportive of her. Her anxiety stems from this belief that the government is trying to control her with Covid, but I also think deep down she is afraid of Covid. I think it's easier for her to believe the gov't conspiracy than to face the scary reality of Covid--especially since her husband also believes the conspiracy. How scary would it be to realize that Covid is real and you and your family have done nothing to try to prevent you getting it?

So then I think she saw a chance to give us an "I told you so" with this thread. But none of us responded with, "Ohh, I guess FTL was right", so she posted that angry comment on the Covid thread. And then when that got all of the angry responses, she complained to her husband, saying that people were "attacking her" online. Then he jumped in to try to defend her, got banned, and here we are.

We are a support forum; we are not a reassurance forum. Like they say in AA, "We will do everything we can to help you with your anxiety (addiction in AA), but we will not enable you."

pulisa
07-04-21, 18:14
One thing I think we can all agree on is how divisive this virus has made us as a society and how pernicious it has been in every respect.

Fishmanpa
07-04-21, 18:30
One thing I think we can all agree on is how divisive this virus has made us as a society and how pernicious it has been in every respect.

There's no doubt about that! And it's made nearly every aspect of life a political point, especially here in the US.

FMP

Pamplemousse
07-04-21, 18:51
Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but what I think happened is this: FTL has been angry with NMP for a bit. If you see that one thread (the one FMP posted), she felt that because we didn't agree with her, NMP wasn't supportive of her. Her anxiety stems from this belief that the government is trying to control her with Covid, but I also think deep down she is afraid of Covid. I think it's easier for her to believe the gov't conspiracy than to face the scary reality of Covid--especially since her husband also believes the conspiracy. How scary would it be to realize that Covid is real and you and your family have done nothing to try to prevent you getting it?

So then I think she saw a chance to give us an "I told you so" with this thread. But none of us responded with, "Ohh, I guess FTL was right", so she posted that angry comment on the Covid thread. And then when that got all of the angry responses, she complained to her husband, saying that people were "attacking her" online. Then he jumped in to try to defend her, got banned, and here we are.

We are a support forum; we are not a reassurance forum. Like they say in AA, "We will do everything we can to help you with your anxiety (addiction in AA), but we will not enable you."

I think that's a much more plausible explanation than some of the coercion theories being posted recently.

And I know you're not a 'horrible person', Vee :hugs:

AntsyVee
07-04-21, 19:10
I think that's a much more plausible explanation than some of the coercion theories being posted recently.

And I know you're not a 'horrible person', Vee :hugs:

Thanks, PM :hugs:

Lencoboy
07-04-21, 20:44

I think society was already divided pre-2020, and this pandemic has basically added even more fuel to the existing fire.

Of course there is the complete polar opposite too, but sadly populist opinion, as per usual, only really seems to be interested in the negatives, whilst the more positive aspects and altruistic efforts of the past 12 months or so get woefully overlooked.

feelthelove
07-04-21, 22:40
So one thing I've learned , is that covid has spread to forums that used to help people with anxiety. If you don't believe in COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVID , you are not welcome here .
This COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVID will make you all like fools once the truth comes out,
Has anyone heard the news from Chris Twitty ? he said COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVID is now the flu , how about that then and to think people are still cowering in corners , walking in roads to avoid none mask wearers , I can't wait to say I told you so .

feelthelove
07-04-21, 22:44

Oh I thought members were supposed be covered by privacy ?
you are right about one thing members are attacking me and nothing is done about it .

nomorepanic
07-04-21, 22:45
You are being silly now and trying to provoke people so I suggest you walk away from NMP for a while and take a break.

AntsyVee
07-04-21, 22:51
Oh I thought members were supposed be covered by privacy ?
you are right about one thing members are attacking me and nothing is done about it .

My post didn't talk about privacy. I suggest you read my post a little more carefully next time. When someone puts something in quotation marks it means we're borrowing someone's words. I borrowed your words. I don't think anyone is attacking you; the attacks are in your head because you can't deal with the fact we won't agree with you. If you want to talk to me privately, you can PM me, but I think Nic is getting fed up with this.

Fishmanpa
07-04-21, 22:55
My post didn't talk about privacy. I suggest you read my post a little more carefully next time. When someone puts something in quotation marks it means we're borrowing someone's words. I borrowed your words. I don't think anyone is attacking you; the attacks are in your head because you can't deal with the fact we won't agree with you. If you want to talk to me privately, you can PM me, but I think Nic is getting fed up with this.

Hey... at least it's not another poo thread :whistles:

FMP

nomorepanic
07-04-21, 22:56
I am fed up of about 15 reported posts this evening - everyone reporting each other for various comments.

This could all be solved if people walked away and left it for now and stop provoking each other.

FTL is never going to believe in covid and that is her choice but she is also attacking other members and then they attack back. It is human nature.

I can't see an end to this at the moment and I am tired and want to go to bed :shrug:

AntsyVee
07-04-21, 22:57
Hey... at least it's not another poo thread :whistles:

FMP

LOL That's true. I let you handle all the poo now, FMP. You can also have all the testicle ones too. Once in awhile I might do a vag one, but that's about it. :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
07-04-21, 23:00
LOL That's true. I let you handle all the poo now, FMP. You can also have all the testicle ones too. Once in awhile I might do a vag one, but that's about it. :roflmao:

Ohhh thanks a lot AV... that's SO kind of you! :roflmao:

FMP

AntsyVee
07-04-21, 23:05
I am fed up of about 15 reported posts this evening - everyone reporting each other for various comments.

This could all be solved if people walked away and left it for now and stop provoking each other.

FTL is never going to believe in covid and that is her choice but she is also attacking other members and then they attack back. It is human nature.

I can't see an end to this at the moment and I am tired and want to go to bed :shrug:

Go to bed, Nic. This stuff can wait till tomorrow. There's more to life than people getting butt-hurt that someone called them a name in an online forum.

feelthelove
07-04-21, 23:14
I've been here a while and I can tell you there isn't a member on this thread that would bully. But, there have been times my mental health hasn't been well and I've said things out of line and even thought some member were against me. But that's in my head. This is a mental health forum, and many of us are fighting this battle all the time.

Is your mental health ok? I feel like you might have some ways to go still?

Every member on this thread are good people. They will go out of their way to help you. I can promise you that.

Fill your heart with good vibes, and good thoughts. Be kind. Be honest. Be open to discussion and open to change.

My mental health is never okay , i get by . But now I have to disagree with your comment about every member on her are here to help . I proved it by my honesty about not believing in covid. its an obsession with believers , if you dare to deny it you are labelled a spreader , selfish. Well i won't be moved on my belief , I won't ever believe that carys and fishmanpa are decent people because they made it clear they want me gone , I've been reported for having an opinion , I'm not new to forums , I know how they work. I used to run one . I know once a gang of members decide they dont' like your views they form gangs and try to get rid of you . I'm staying , Ive done nothing wrong , i am not afraid to speak the truth and how I feel . I haven't had any counselling for months because covid has taken over everything , My heart is full of love and good vibes , but that soon changes once I dare to say how I feel , so that's it really . If you don't believe covid you don't fit in here .

feelthelove
07-04-21, 23:17
Go to bed, Nic. This stuff can wait till tomorrow. There's more to life than people getting butt-hurt that someone called them a name in an online forum.

I haven't attacked other members , Jesus that is a lie . Read the comments towards me , I will report just like others to me.

nomorepanic
07-04-21, 23:18
Bored of this now - thread closed. FTL - please do not create another one just to cause conflict again.