PDA

View Full Version : Peri-menopause ectopics

matti
08-11-07, 18:55
:) HI Everyone
My ectopics appear to be busier leading up to and during my periods,
I have read about this somewhere but wondered is there anyone out there that gets the same thing. It would be lovely to hear from anyone concerning ectopics
Thanx Matti

nikki39
08-11-07, 20:08
Yes I definitely agree with you, I get the same about a week before and during my periods and then the ectopics stop again, I think it is to do with the fluctuating hormones.

Seffie
08-11-07, 22:54
Hi Matti,
I am about 3 years in to peri menopause & although I have had palpitations in the past they have been much worse since I've been in peri. They tend to be much worse around the week of my period & then again mid-cycle or when my body is trying to ovulate. My cycle is 3 weeks late this month & I have just had about 4 weeks where they have been a lot calmer but now my period is due I'm getting more flutters & skips etc.
Not sure why hormones seem to make palps worse but be reassured that many women suffer from these during peri.

If you haven't already, I suggest you get checked out by your GP but if all the tests are normal then you can put it down to fluctuating hormones.

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but the menopause website Powersurge has a lot of excellent info re: this. It also has a forum which includes a section just for heart palpitations during peri / meno.

Hope this helps!
love Seffie xx

Lilolil
09-11-07, 13:27
I am also peri meno and my doc thinks that this is why these ectopics have started. Mine are also worse before a period.

xx

joolee
30-11-07, 16:53
Hi i get ectopics to when im about to get my period as well when i went and got checked at the hospital i told the doc this and he said it was the hormons that get released when the period is happening he said it stems from the left hand side of the heart valve and its very very common and nothing to worry about most people get ectopics its just that we are sensitive to them now because we focus on them more ive hardly had any at all just when i get my period for about a day and a half and then they go away again till the next month xxxxxx(i used to get them every day but ive learned to ignore them and i hardly get any at all ) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

shaz01
01-12-07, 21:46
Hi there,

Yep same here, mines get worse before a period and also sometimes when the period is finishing, Im 42 now and I think mines are getting worse now that Im in my 40s!!!!

Shaz x