PDA

View Full Version : This time it could be ?

lees6655
07-04-21, 06:41
How many have thought this time it could be something serious just wanted to see how many of you think this as Iam thinking this now but I know I have thought this many times before . I know its probably a stupid question on no more panic but just wanted to see what other people think

BlueIris
07-04-21, 07:01
Every single time, yep. The trick is to learn to ignore the inner voice.

Debsi77
07-04-21, 07:40
Oh so many times! I'd say at least 20 plus times in the last 6 months! It's exhausting but I'm getting there slowly with some help x

fizzymoon86
07-04-21, 08:18
Yeah I have moments like that and more so recently with my current back pain issues. I’m going for an MRI next week and my brain is saying “this time it’s something bad” and I’m really trying to ignore that voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carriewriting
07-04-21, 12:10
I would say I've thought that 15,000 times in the past 15 years. And that might be underestimating it!

Recently my therapist asked me this question and it was a shock to realise it never has been "the time"

You'd think this evidence would be convincing, but the problem is, every worry feels like the "real" one.

I also have a very negative mindset and an over active sense of responsibility (eg. must find things early or it'll be my fault) I'm working hard to change that in therapy.

swajj
07-04-21, 12:56
I used to think it all the time. I actually thought it was better that way because if I didn’t think that way I might bring it on. So stupid. Not you, the whole idea.

lees6655
07-04-21, 19:22
Thanks for your replys even though I have thought this many times before its so hard to get past it

flatterycat
07-04-21, 19:25
Totally get this thought, so hard to reason with it.

flatterycat
07-04-21, 19:26
I used to think it all the time. I actually thought it was better that way because if I didn’t think that way I might bring it on. So stupid. Not you, the whole idea.

And this is me now!

always scared
10-04-21, 02:11
Sadly this is me at least once a month lately :scared15:

lees6655
10-04-21, 09:50
Yes I'm convinced this time it could be something bad even though I have had these thoughts many times before but feel like this is the worst that I have ever been . I just don't seam to be getting any better

KallaMouse
10-04-21, 10:25
I also have a very negative mindset and an over active sense of responsibility (eg. must find things early or it'll be my fault) I'm working hard to change that in therapy.

That's me to a T. It's exhausting feeling such a sense of responsibility for everyone and everything else!

KallaMouse
10-04-21, 10:28
How many have thought this time it could be something serious just wanted to see how many of you think this as Iam thinking this now but I know I have thought this many times before . I know its probably a stupid question on no more panic but just wanted to see what other people think

Yes, I do this often. Sometimes I pop onto YouTube and listen to some lectures about catastrophic thinking. Not meditative type videos (though I listen to those as well), but logical, studied principles about why we do this. I've found that understanding the science (behavioral science?) of what I do is more grounding to me than other calming techniques.

Pamplemousse
10-04-21, 10:53
Posted elsewhere too but this describes my own thinking to a T - "well, it has to happen to someone, so why not me?"

I'm also brilliant at fantastical/catastrophic thinking too (at the moment, despite indications to the contrary, I'm wondering if I have acute mercury poisoning).

Worrywart1234
10-04-21, 14:27
Every single time for me.....my anxiety is through the roof this week - 4 separate times for 4 separate issues in the last week.

Scaredtoo
11-04-21, 00:37
Every. Single. Time. Every. Single. Time.