PDA

View Full Version : J&J Vaccination sites getting shut down

Sunflower318
09-04-21, 02:07
Sp far they have shut down 3 different places in 3 different states. My appt is tomorrow and that scares me. I'm not in any of the states that are getting shut down and I think thr place I'm going has had this batch a whild

AntsyVee
09-04-21, 02:10
There are still a lot of AZ and Moderna if you don't get the J & J. You'll get something; don't worry :)

Sunflower318
09-04-21, 04:03
I'm suppose to get the JJ tomorrow. That's the only one they have and they never canceled my appt to say they had issues

Carys
09-04-21, 09:41
Why are they shutting ?

meltedchic
09-04-21, 10:19
Why are they being shut down? Oh my, many are rooting for J&J vaccines. TBH, I'm actually considering it together with my family.

Pamplemousse
09-04-21, 10:42
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04/09/world/covid-vaccine-coronavirus-cases/johnson-johnson-vaccine-deliveries-are-about-to-take-a-big-dip-in-the-us

From what I can tell, several million doses were ruined in manufacture and there were reports of adverse reactions.

glassgirlw
09-04-21, 11:27
This is solely due to a decrease in production, and has nothing to do with the efficacy and safety of this vaccine. There have been very, very few adverse reactions to the J&J shot - similar to Pfizer and Moderna. It’s absolutely safe to take so please don’t let this deter you (again) from getting your vaccine. All states, nationwide, will be receiving far fewer doses of J&J next week - and it is only because of the companies decrease in production. You should feel really fortunate that they have the doses this week so you can get it! It might not be the same situation next week, so take your shot while you can lol. My daughter was super terrified to get her shot but a dose came available at our local grocery pharmacy last weekend - and it was J&J. So she went and got it. She had a little bit of a panic attack while waiting the 15 mins after her shot, but the pharmacist was great, came and sat with her and talked her down - gave her a bottle of water and sat with her until it passed. You’ll be fine! :bighug1:

NancyW
11-04-21, 01:55
This is solely due to a decrease in production, and has nothing to do with the efficacy and safety of this vaccine.

That is incorrect, they shut down because of bad reactions.

This is from an article I just read...

"Then a vaccination site in Colorado, three sites in North Carolina, and one in Georgia all temporarily stopped administering Johnson & Johnson's shot after about 45 people in total experienced minor adverse reactions involving nausea, dizziness, fainting, or lightheadedness"

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-21, 07:13
Is the spoiling of 15m doses affecting your centres?

Lencoboy
11-04-21, 07:44
Regarding the talk of J&J vaccines being 'spoiled', wasn't there talk of hospital staff in some areas switching off the special fridges where the Pfizers were stored at the required sub-zero temperatures which caused them to be ruined, back in around December-January?

NancyW
11-04-21, 12:33
Yes Terry.

Yes Lencoboy