PDA

View Full Version : D.P.

coldwater
08-11-07, 22:55
Ive been doing some reading about D.P. and it seems that theres no real cure for it therapy and medication seem to just mask it. Has anyone ever felt depersonalised for about a month? im so scared that its never gonna go away i dont want it in me ne more. everytime i think im fine i realise theres "something" wrong with me and im just lying to myself which in turn petrifies me. Sometimes i feel overwhelmed other times just likee giving up, i feel like my days are going by in a daze still. like ive just read this back and it scares the crap out of me what im sayin:weep: i dont expect miracles but then agen what else is there?

angiebaby
08-11-07, 23:44
I know exactly what it is like and although i cannot offer a cure i can certainly put your mind at rest a little i hope. I have been suffering with this for two years! I am still here and still functioning but it is hard and it does still scare me. All i can tell you is that for me i used to get it all day and every day and now i get it on and off through the day, comes over me like intense waves sweeping me up. Scary yes, harmful NO. But they are not nice.
I did have an alarming thought earlier though, never thought about it before. I never had any unreality, DP, DR etc, etc, until the gp put me on Seroxat, made me very ill and i was taken off it but only after she had increased the dose three times first! Since then i have suffered with this and it will not go away. This evening, all of a sudden, this thought entered my head for no reason: What if it is a good thing, not bad. Think about it. When you have antidepressants they are supposed to help you relax and calm the anxiety, you feel drunk, floaty etc. Which i did. I don't take medication but still, after two years, feel like this anyway. Scared about it all the time, but does this feeling still mean the same without the medication. I do get it a little when i am very anxious or having a panic attack, but, not very much or for very long! However, the rest of the time i get it. So does this mean that i get it when i am relaxed and not anxious, so is this a good thing as my body is relaxed but still playing tricks on me? Perhaps something to think about. Anyway, just to let you know you are by no means alone in this, i understand what you are going through and how hard and terrifying it is.x