PDA

View Full Version : Strange pulsing in the bottom of my back.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 21:15
For the last few days, I keep getting a pulsing sensation in my lower back. I am very concerned and worried to ask the doctors, as they will blame my Anxiety. As they always do.

nomorepanic
10-04-21, 21:31
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
10-04-21, 21:31
Not really sure what you are worried about?

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:02
I just keep getting a pulsing feeling in my lower back, it feels like a heart beat but stronger.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:07
And thankyou for letting me know. Sorry about that.

ankietyjoe
10-04-21, 22:10
But yes, what exactly are you worried about? You can feel your pulse somewhere, surely that's good news?

And what have the Doctors told you is just anxiety that hasn't just been anxiety in the past?

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:15
I am not used to it, it feels like fluttering feeling and its there constantly. When I get anything wrong with, they blame it all on my anxiety.

ankietyjoe
10-04-21, 22:21
What exactly do you expect them to do about a 'feeling'?

Maybe the issue is you hyper focusing on benign sensation and judging it as bad. Maybe they're saying it's anxiety, because that's what the actual issue is.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:34
Plus I am getting pain near my breast bone, the fluttering started after that.

Carys
10-04-21, 22:41
If you get any sort of muscle ache or tension, well for me certainly and I'm sure I'm not a unique human, you can feel your pulse in it at times. Have you ever had it where you have a bad cut or inflammation somewhere and you can feel your heart beat in it ? I know I have, its just a feeling from blood flow being picked up by slightly irritated soft tissue or muscles. I think you should just ignore at it as I can't honestly imagine that its any more than super vigilance on every tiny weeny bodily sensation.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:43
There ain't any aching in my lower back. Just a fluttering/twitching.

Carys
10-04-21, 22:44
So, its 'jittering' nerve or muscle, temporary and of no concern. (Probably caused by something like a strained posture at some point.) The thing is Jamsey - you need to accept that human bodys do things, they have strange little quirks and aren't 100 percent perfect at all times, but is also pretty darned good at solving problems and healing itself. Acceptance that minor things just 'happen' and being able to put them out of your mind is important.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:48
I have health anxiety, so that is why I am like this. I had it since November, when I had to go into hospital for my appendix, I thought it was going to explode, so since then, I have always worried about what they body will have or do next. So this is why I am concerned. Sorry if I am being annoying for you all.

MyNameIsTerry
10-04-21, 22:50
I've had nerve spasms in that area for years, even before my anxiety started if I was suddenly feeling pressurised. It's a throb.

If it's like that it's probably a nerve spasm.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:51
I do try to ignore them but since my scare last year, I can't do it.

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 22:53
Thankyou Terry, I just hate having this Health Anxiety.

Carys
10-04-21, 22:54
NO, you aren't annoying, we are VERY VERY used to responding to HA sufferers on here - its the most used board on the forums. I can see that you now fear something 'odd and unexplained' happening, as it nearly did last time, I get it, but you must have had very obvious and clear symptoms that time. You need to try now to start differentiating between minor and just mildly annoying and - OH this 'really doesn't feel right'. As you are no doubt aware, at the moment any bodily sensation has become a threat to you, and it doesn't need to be that way.

I just hate having this Health Anxiety.

Have you been offered any real life help with it Jamesy ?

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 23:01
They have put me on antidepressants to try and control it. Plus it don't help I don't get much sleep.

ankietyjoe
10-04-21, 23:34
I have health anxiety, so that is why I am like this.

Nobody really has health anxiety, it's a learn behavioural problem. As I mentioned earlier the issue is your hyper vigilance. The only way to beat health anxiety is to practice not focusing on every little thing and intercepting catastrophic thought patterns.

Spending your life assuming the worst and elevating minor sensations into fatal conditions is no way to live, right?

Jamesy3190
10-04-21, 23:52
True I just want to get rid of all these thoughts and get back to my old self. I was perfectly fine before November last year. I would get a pain and I would be like, it will go and now its what if it never goes or worse. I don't like that. I really don't.

ankietyjoe
11-04-21, 00:03
You can get back to your old self.

Would your old self ask strangers on the internet why he could feel something in his lower back?

If the answer is no, then your new self should maybe stop doing it too, and stop assuming the worst, and stop googling things (just a guess.....).

Jamesy3190
11-04-21, 02:08
No it wouldn't of. but I am trying not to be this way but it's easier to say that do.

ankietyjoe
11-04-21, 10:33
That is why you have to practice.

You won't have noticed, but you will have been practicing being a worrier, developing new negative habits. That can take weeks or months, but once a habit is formed it's difficult to let go of.

It might take you weeks/months to get back to the way you were, which is why it's best to start today.

Jamesy3190
12-04-21, 01:23
I do want to start now, just need that boost really. But thankyou for this.

Carys
12-04-21, 07:50
Hiyer, at the top of this thread are lots of 'stickies' , I don't know if you've read any of them yet ? There is loads of information and free CBT (retraining your thought processes) stuff, along with the experiences of other people. HA is obviously very new to you, and you are only 4-5 months since it started, so being proactive and starting your learning would be so good for you. The longer you train your behaviours and mind with the HA way of thinking, the longer it takes to put it right, so you are in a really good place to start now, with being so new to it. Those with years and years of HA behind them tend to be the serial posters here, who often don't even know or accept they have HA. You are already ahead of the game with your assertion that you have HA ! :)

Jamesy3190
13-04-21, 00:23
What are 'stickies'?

Fishmanpa
13-04-21, 01:47
What are 'stickies'?

They are the treads posted at the top of the sub-forum. They contain useful information and links to help you.

FMP

Jamesy3190
14-04-21, 14:59
Oh thankyou for this. I do appreciate you kind words and help.