PDA

View Full Version : What is 'Persistent'?

agingwuss
13-04-21, 09:29
I'm in the middle of a nasty flare-up of HA; I won't say which particular cancer it is that my subconscious has decided I've got now. :wacko:
My logical brain is pretty sure that it's been caused by a mixture of stress & boredom. [I took early retirement from my job with effect from 1 April 2020 - was that ever a bad decision!]
I've been able to avoid googling so far, except on the UK NHS website, which isn't too bad, I think, and I'm trying to avoid seeking reassurance.
There's one question I'd like to ask, though. In medical terms, what's the definition of 'persistent'? Does it mean every day [in the case of a digestive symptom, for example] or all the time [e.g. a pain]? Is anyone able to throw any light on this?
PS: I've been astonished to find that the coronavirus hasn't set my HA off. I'm concerned about it, but only to the level of a 'normal' person without HA. I do my best to follow the advice, but I'm totally able to dismiss it from my mind. Very weird but I know how lucky I am Anybody else find this?

Fishmanpa
13-04-21, 12:58
My understanding from a medical standpoint, it's a symptom that doesn't go away. It can vary in intensity but it's always there.

This is a good example of persistent (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arbgB6REBmU&ab_channel=MatthewAguila) ;)

Positive thoughts

agingwuss
14-04-21, 06:41
Brilliant, thanks! I hoped so.
Loved the clip - reminds me of my HA when I try to ignore it & it carries on in my ear "you ARE ill, you know!!"

swajj
15-04-21, 10:24
Corona had no effect on my HA at all. In fact, compared to all the crazy shoppers in the supermarket I felt like one of the most rational people on the planet. Although I did and still do buy lots of toilet paper. :shades:

Lolalee1
15-04-21, 11:28
I do the same,swajj I still buy the 24 pk of toilet paper every time I go shopping and I live on my own must be OCD(as I was told)
My neighbour always makes sure I get limes for his Corona :D

swajj
15-04-21, 11:35
lol Lola, I have shelves of toilet paper. It’s so ridiculous :roflmao:

Lolalee1
15-04-21, 11:40
Same here, I think it’s because of when people went mad last year and I couldn’t get any even at work we only got 1 sheet and I am a scruncher :roflmao:

swajj
15-04-21, 11:47
You always make me laugh.

I remember being in Coles and they had to put a barrier at each end of the toilet paper aisle because people were pushing each other out of the way to get in the aisle. :ohmy:

Lolalee1
15-04-21, 12:07
Did you see the fight with the 2 women!that was hilarious :D
The good thing was when they had no paper and it was on special I would ask for a rain check,so when the shelves were stocked again I got 8,12 pks of Quilton for $5.50:yesyes:

Laughter is good swajj.xx:flowers:

swajj
15-04-21, 12:16
I never thought to do that Lola but I will if there is a next time. :wacko:

Lolalee1
15-04-21, 12:23
Hopefully people won’t go crazy if there is a next time,there is the Sorbent factory in Victoria we will get jobs there,but then again:roflmao:

swajj
15-04-21, 12:35
Actually I drove past a semi with Quilton all over it a couple of weeks ago and for a moment I actually envied the driver. I’m serious.

Scissel
15-04-21, 16:56
Yeah, it was bizarre ... I'll admit, I was forced to use paper napkins for a few months ;o)

Lolalee1
16-04-21, 10:49
Hope it was nice and soft paper napkins Scissel :D

Rob345
16-04-21, 14:25
Hi , I've wondered about the same.
I had tiny bit of pink blood in mucus 6 weeks ago and then happend 1 week ago ..just like a dot. So just 2 occasions.
Is that persistent.
I'm presuming it's not but my anxiety keeps me guessing.

I too have no interest in covid. Not remotely bothered by it. I think it's the statistics involved especially as I'm 51.

Cheers