PDA

View Full Version : Cant go on like this.

zippy
13-04-21, 14:09
These symptoms in the last 18 months:
Left eye a little bump on inside of bottom of eyelid
Left cheek twitching
Left side of nose, scabs inside
Left side of tongue, under neck feels odd
Awful fatigue
Anxiety
Depression
Very emotional
Right side of wrist sore and swollen, 2 lumps appear on side of hand
Right shoulder pain
Left hand wrist hurting and swollen
Headaches
Woke up 6 months and right side of neck felt tight and sore, hurt to turn my head
If I put my chin down to my neck something feels like its pulling further down in my spine on the right
All around my right side of ribs hurt if i move/twist/bend etc.
I've got a movable lump on the right side of my neck near collarbone, dr wasnt concerned. I am though because I feel so ill.
I feel like I have aged too and I dont feel very supple.
Only thing that's ever helped is prednisolone when I was on it short term and I felt like a new person.
I'm sick of feeling so fatigued and having no quality of life.
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in june but the rheumatologist said I shouldn't have neck/back pain or constantly feel fatigued. 🤷🏼*♀️

BlueIris
13-04-21, 14:23
Zippy, I don't mean to downplay your suffering, but I think that's actually a fairly common list of aches, pains and body sensations. I've had the vast majority of them over the past year and a half or so, and I think I'm in relatively good health.

zippy
13-04-21, 14:47
I feel absolutely dreadful. Only thing that's against me not having some form of metastatic cancer is I havent lost any weight.

BlueIris
13-04-21, 15:02
The thing about anxiety is that it heightens our awareness. I mean, I'm reasonably confident I don't have cancer and here are some of the things I can remember having had over the last 18 months:

Fatigue
Depression
Persistent diarrhoea
Constipation
Shoulder pain, sometimes so severely it hurts to breathe
Forearm tingling and numbness
Lower back pain
Sciatica-type pain and tingling down leg
Aching feet
Headaches
Panic attacks
Any number of random dry skin patches and scabs
Hand cramps
Foot cramps
Irregular periods

There's probably a bunch more I've forgotten about, too.

If you want to feel better you're going to have to learn to practice acceptance.

NotDeadYet
13-04-21, 22:58
These symptoms in the last 18 months:
Awful fatigue
Anxiety
Depression
Very emotional
Right side of wrist sore and swollen, 2 lumps appear on side of hand
Right shoulder pain
Left hand wrist hurting and swollen
Headaches
Woke up 6 months and right side of neck felt tight and sore, hurt to turn my head
If I put my chin down to my neck something feels like its pulling further down in my spine on the right
All around my right side of ribs hurt if i move/twist/bend etc.
Only thing that's ever helped is prednisolone when I was on it short term and I felt like a new person.
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in june but the rheumatologist said I shouldn't have neck/back pain or constantly feel fatigued. 路*♀️

**Disclaimer: I am not a doctor**
The symptoms I left in the quote above are textbook rheumatoid arthritis as my mom and several of her friends exhibit the same exact things on a daily basis. If your rheumatologist is perplexed about what is causing you pain and fatigue, then I would recommend seeking out a new rheumatologist. Those with RA do not need to suffer as there is some incredible treatment. My mom is nearly 60, has had RA for nearly a decade now and is fully functioning. Granted, she is usually wiped out by about 7 PM but her treatment plan has been a miracle.

Best Wishes

Rluvz
14-04-21, 10:26
Hi!

Sorry to hear you're going through tough times. Just here to say that you aren't alone. Anxiety causes a range of unexplainable stuff and even though I'm relatively young, I do experience those things you have. But it's absolutely random!
Wish you the best of health!

zippy
15-04-21, 16:14
I get my bloods done once a month and if I had cancer for 18 months something would show up or I would be losing weight. I hope.

jinglebells
15-04-21, 20:56
Why are you thinking cancer? Nothing you have listed points to cancer 🤷🏻*♀️ But it does point to anxiety.

18 months this has been going on, take a deep breath, make the decision to ignore it for the weekend. If it is something awful (which I do not think), deal with it next week. If it’s anxiety, which I suspect, symptoms may ease of you ignore

zippy
18-04-21, 16:52
I cant get out of my head all my symptoms are cancer that's metastased. Been going on 18 months and new symptoms keep coming. I'm constantly shattered, all right side of my body feels sore and tight. I just get fobbed off at the drs after getting bloods done.

Carys
18-04-21, 17:03
fobbed off

...or told the truth Zippy ?

zippy
18-04-21, 17:16
How do they know just by bloods?

Carys
18-04-21, 17:32
You can get most health clues from bloods.

zippy
18-04-21, 17:51
Hope so I just feel awful everyday.

BlueIris
18-04-21, 18:33
What are you doing to help yourself feel better?

zippy
18-04-21, 20:08
I've tried cbt but it doesnt work when I feel like this. I just think what's the point when I think I'm dying.

Sar89
18-04-21, 23:01
Zippy you don’t have cancer you have most of the symptoms of RA which you already have diagnosed with. Yes u do get fatigue with RA so unsure why ur doctor is saying you don’t. Bloods pick up all kinds of things that is why they are first point of call for a doctor. So the fact you have them once a month is very reassuring also in the past 18months I have had several symptoms they are as follows, shoulder blade pain, numb left arm with tingling fingers, episodic pain between my last two knuckles, constipation, fatigue, heart palps... many many, severe neck pain, finger tremors, chronic stomach pains (probably from being a fat greedy git to be fair) calf pain etc etc there will be loads more if I think back. You are under a lot more health surveillance than me due to your condition. Which brings me to my final note you have a recognised condition that does have symptoms and you have anxiety. You are bound to get all these symptoms. You don’t have metatarsed cancer.