PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety taking over as usual

molly15
24-04-21, 11:55
Hi

I had my endoscopy last week and the report says oesophagus-2cm hiatus hernia stomach-normal duodenum-normal dosent say anything else about biopsies taken or anything. So that all seemed ok but I got a letter 4 days later to see gastro doc next Friday . Im now thinking thats awful quick maybe they didn't tell me what was wrong on the day. My partner says I'm being ridiculous as they wouldn't hide stuff by not putting on the report what they found . He says it will be a follow up of what to do about the reflux. My health anxiety mind is running away with me . Also if they took biopsies they would need to put it in report wouldn't they? Do you think this is a normal follow up time ? Im in Scotland.

Xx

ankietyjoe
24-04-21, 12:00
Nothing is normal about NHS times right now.

Listen to your husband. You've obviously asked for something to be looked at, and the NHS are looking into it, and you're getting anxious about it. That's all that's happening.

anom
24-04-21, 12:42
I think its a complete coin toss at the moment with the NHS

When I was told I was getting a heart MRI he said don't expect it for a couple of months. 2-3 weeks later I get my appointment through for a CT scan - panic, why has it changed and why is it now!

On the other hand I waited 9 weeks to be told my aorta and lungs were fine (and completely ignoring/mentioning anything to do with my heart!)

Maybe its just down to cancellations/whats going through certain departments at the time. I imagine if a lot of hospitals are still full of covid patients its going to be more ct scans and x-rays taking a while...while other procedures/departments may have less traffic?

Carys
24-04-21, 12:50
He says it will be a follow up of what to do about the reflux.

I'm sure he's right. Its a lottery right now how quickly you get seen by various departments - some departments are entirely unaffected by covid right now, presumably your gastro dept. and they are actually finding it harder to get people to come in for appointments and so have some free. Well, certainly that was how it was 6 months ago, people might be better about turning up right now the covid situation has hugely improved and safe procedures are in place in hospitals. Follow-up is required from the HHernia/reflux, they will probably bung you some leaflets in the process and tell you about things to do/take/try to improve it.

molly15
24-04-21, 12:53
Thanks guys im just a over thinker well you all know how ot goes with anxiety.

Xx

Worryguts
27-05-21, 06:52
How did the appt go? And how is the GERD have you been able to get it under control. I am now awaiting my endoscopy but have been able to be off medication by heavily reducing common triggers. No onion, garlic, tomatoes, caffeine, dairy, gluten etc some days I have slip ups but because it’s so restrictive but so far no major episodes. Just still lost if phlegm and difficulty swallowing. But wonder if that’s just because a bad habit!! Hope you are doing welll x