PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have sweats whenever it gets warm?

WiredIncorrectly
24-04-21, 13:24
It's 15 degrees and I feel like it's the middle of summer :roflmao: I don't do well with regulating body temperature because even 15 degrees will make me very sweaty and uncomfortable.

I'm in a studio session today in a baking hot room with no windows. Wish me luck.

Lencoboy
24-04-21, 15:34
It's 15 degrees and I feel like it's the middle of summer :roflmao: I don't do well with regulating body temperature because even 15 degrees will make me very sweaty and uncomfortable.

I'm in a studio session today in a baking hot room with no windows. Wish me luck.

Today, I've been doing stuff in our garage out of the sun and felt a bit chilly at times, but felt much warmer outside in the sunshine.

I think it all depends on the building and the general environment itself.

WiredIncorrectly
28-04-21, 10:41
I would love a pool in such weather! I ordered a kids paddling pool from Amazon so in the summer I can keep cool. I dread the summer because its far too hot.

Carys
28-04-21, 11:05
Try being a menopausal woman - you aint got no idea what sweats are till you've walked a day in some of our shoes :roflmao:(our damp shoes)

WiredIncorrectly
28-04-21, 11:07
Try being a menopausal woman - you aint got no idea what sweats are till you've walked a day in some of our shoes :roflmao:

Carys, I'm laughing because this is what my Mom said to me ha ha!

Carys
28-04-21, 11:20
this is what my Mom said to me

I don't know if to laugh or cry, I've reached the 'what older Mums say' stage :winks: Its true though, what your Mom and me say, even -15 degrees can feel like mid summer.

ankietyjoe
28-04-21, 17:34
I used to, before I changed my diet.

But you know, can't mention that..... :finger:

Noivous
28-04-21, 17:42
Apparently this is your feature of the body. My father is the same too. Or maybe he's just more seasoned than me ... I don't know. But I know that as soon as the weather gives us above 10, the father starts to regularly swim in the outdoor pool in the backyard. I personally cannot look at it, I get cold. Then I have to turn on Dolphin Premier to purify the water since my father does not cover the pool with an awning after use. We have a garden. It is beautiful but gives its own nuances. However .. I digress. Perhaps this way of freshening up will suit you too? If you don't have a pool, you can make an outdoor shower. I hope my advice will be useful to you)) In the meantime, I will return to my large chair and cover myself with a blanket because I am definitely more afraid of the cold))

I think you're on to something Nedion. I've been working outside for years and would rather work in 25°f than 90°f any day of the week. I can be out in below freezing weather for hours with just a tee and long sleeve work shirt working and be fine. Our bodies just get conditioned. One key is to not get hungry. For those working in the heat soak a tee shirt with water and put it on. It'll keep you cool for quite awhile.

glassgirlw
29-04-21, 00:28
I notice that the older I get, the more my temperature comfort window narrows :roflmao:I used to absolutely love the cold, the snow, all of it. Now, all my joints ache and hurt once it gets around freezing lol. I also don’t like it when it gets stupid hot…above about 85-90 especially with the humidity of the Midwest, yeah I don’t like that either lol. I need about 60-80 degree temps year round and I’d be a happy camper!!!

Fishmanpa
29-04-21, 00:37
I notice that the older I get, the more my temperature comfort window narrows :roflmao:

I'm the same.... Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year :winks: We're having a bit of early Summer here with temps in the mid 80's and I'm practically dripping wet just taking the doggie for a walk!

Positive thoughts

Carys
29-04-21, 09:18
I notice that the older I get, the more my temperature comfort window narrows

I think that covers it perfectly :roflmao: