PDA

View Full Version : New Freckle on Palm of hand!

Jess5566
27-04-21, 17:01
I got mark under my skin over a month ago and thought maybe it was a splinter, but over the past month it’s grew and it’s obvious it’s a freckle, I’m now really worried after googling and it saying any mole that appears on the palm or soles of feet should be taken seriously as these ares aren’t exposed to sun, I’m really worried and would like to see if anyone else has the same as me.

I really don’t want to speak to my doctor as they don’t really believe me no more and they just brush me off, and I’ve recently just been to a dermatologist over a suspicious looking mole:(

any advice is welcome, thankyou:)

nomorepanic
27-04-21, 17:18
Picture removed. Sorry but we do ask members not to post pictures asking for medical advice.

Jess5566
27-04-21, 17:26
Sorry I didn’t know that, I wasn’t asking for medical advice just to see if someone has similar, thank you for letting me know :)

pav1984
27-04-21, 20:44
I've got one on my hand and read the same stuff you did. Doctor didn't seem bothered when I showed him.

This doesn't change the standard advice for any mole or freckle. If it changes get it checked but even then most likely nothing.

Carys
27-04-21, 21:10
Freckles are small spots on the skin, they are usually tan or light brown in colour. Unlike moles or some birth marks, freckles are flat on our skin. Freckles are completely natural and harmless.

We are used to seeing them on peoples’ faces but they can be found all over the body. Although it is rare, some people even have freckles on the palm of their hand or sole of their foot.

Your title says 'freckle', then you say its 'obvious it is a freckle' - then later in the post you move to calling it a 'mole'
any mole that appears on the palm or soles of feet should be taken seriously . ....but its not a mole on your palm, you said it was a freckle.

A light tan flat freckle can happen, as the above says.

Jess5566
27-04-21, 21:16
It looks like a freckle as it isn’t raised above the skin, and I’ve always known moles to be raised... I could be wrong, thanks anyway for your replies :yesyes:

Carys
28-04-21, 05:56
Yes, absolutely, its flat your 'freckle' so why are you reacting to the information about moles. You said -

any mole that appears on the palm or soles of feet should be taken seriously .

You don't have a mole, so therefore no reason for concern, you say its a freckle. New moles and freckles appeared on me and others I know for the first 2-3 decades of life, so I'm guessing you are under 25/30 years old ?

I really don’t want to speak to my doctor as they don’t really believe me no more and they just brush me off

Sounds like they have had enough of your HA.