PDA

View Full Version : Help, sudden sharp right side chest pain!

NMC
29-04-21, 22:35
Hi everyone,
Really trying to stay calm but any help fast would be so appreciated. I'm lying down right now and about 5 minutes ago I had a sudden, sharp pain in the right side of my chest which literally made me gasp! I'm concentrating on breathing, not breathless but when I breathe out it hurts at the end of my breath. Terrified it could be a pulmonary embolism? I don't dare move! 😢

nomorepanic
29-04-21, 22:37
I really don't think it is serious if you took the time to register on a forum and post - you would be calling for help immediately.

How did you find us and do you suffer with anxiety?

NMC
29-04-21, 22:51
Thanks nomorepanic, it really helps just to hear a bit of reassurance 😊 It's dying down now but was quite intense, I have been feeling particularly anxious recently so I'm hoping that's all it is. Yes I've had anxiety, health and general, for a long time now (first panic attack aged 11!) and actually found this website many years back (lurked for a long time and created an account much more recently). It's been really helpful with rationalising all the little symptoms I've worried about!

nomorepanic
29-04-21, 22:57
Glad you feel better now.

If you are worried then please get checked out but chest pain is common with anxiety.