PDA

View Full Version : Brain short circuiting

Cptdebbie
30-04-21, 18:31
Hey All,
I just need some friendly reassurance.

Background: I have a lot going on in my world right now. I’m trying to decide if I want to relocate to live with a son who lives about 9 hours from where I am now and from where 12 of my 13 grandchildren are. Trying to think through the pros and cons of moving has caused me to face some issues with my children that are really hurtful. I also have had to face the fact that my anxiety is bad enough right now that a plane ride to visit this son’s new baby isn’t going to happen. And then there are the assorted health anxieties. Like, I keep finding what I think is powder in my toilet. I use powder so that makes sense. However, you all know that anxiety nags at you to believe something else is going on.

Problem: I feel like my brain is short circuiting from time to time. A friend called me the other day. I hadn’t talked to her for a few weeks and she asked what I’ve been doing. My mind went blank. I couldn’t think of what I’d been doing. After a few seconds, I started to tell her about my decision to make a decision about moving, but it felt like someone else was talking for a minute. I eventually settled down and felt okay with the conversation.

Then I woke up this morning and called my son to tell him I wouldn’t be able to fly to see his baby’s blessing (christening). He was kind and understanding, but I felt like a loser mother. I decided to go play a role play farming computer game to escape. At one point while I was playing, it was like my brain got confused between what I had to do in real life and in the game. The confusion only lasted for a second or two, but it freaked me out.

I think I’ve had issues like this in the past when under high stress, but my brain just isn’t working well and I can’t remember. :scared15:

I’m hoping somebody can relate and reassure me I’m not going crazy or something.

As always, thank you for your help.

~ Debbie

pulisa
30-04-21, 19:57
You're not going crazy, Debbie. This is what happens with an anxiety disorder. You have a lot on your mind so it's much harder to think clearly/make decisions/function "normally". If you allow yourself to freak out about these "happenings" you will just make the anxiety and brain tiredness feel more significant when it's not.

If you're going crazy then I am too....and I'm sure almost everyone else on NMP is too:D

ankietyjoe
30-04-21, 20:39
Yep, very common. Nothing to worry about at all, although it does feel very disconcerting sometimes.

I used to get it a lot, and it was almost like my consciousness was 'paused'.

Cptdebbie
01-05-21, 16:32
Thank you so much for responding. It is a great blessing in my life to be able to go to this site and find others who have experienced the same thing I have.

Best,
Debbie

pulisa
02-05-21, 19:41
Thank you so much for responding. It is a great blessing in my life to be able to go to this site and find others who have experienced the same thing I have.

Best,
Debbie

Presumably this doesn't help though?