PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid disease and vaccine

darlene85
30-04-21, 23:58
I have Hashimoto and hypotireosis, the thing is I haven't been to the doctor for too long, I am not taking meds, I suffer from HA and last couple of years were pretty bad for me, I was so scared if I go to the doctor they will find something sinister, I know, there is no excuse...

So, I've read that people with thyroid disease can be vaccinated IF they are medically stable. But I am not. And I think my thyroid went crazy, I have all the symptoms. Since all this madness started I couldn't go to the doctor and in my country is currently a third wave so I really can't risk going now. What do I do? This is horrible. I can't receive vaccine? But I also can't go to the doctor because I can catch covid there.
And it would probably take months to stabilize my condition so that means I would have to wait for months to get the vaccine. I am doomed, I'll get covid till then!

Do anyone here knows can I get the vaccine even if my thyroid hormones are mess?

nomorepanic
01-05-21, 00:16
I really think you need to ask your doctor this question as we are not medically qualified to do so

Good luck with it

Fishmanpa
01-05-21, 00:39
I really think you need to ask your doctor this question as we are not medically qualified to do so

Good luck with it

Took the type out of my fingers ;)

FMP

Solarbind
01-05-21, 01:41
It is really good to see a doctor. Getting the vaccine without any professional consultation may worsen your current situation. It is better to get check up and not assume.

And I hope you are doing good.

darlene85
02-05-21, 17:25
Thank you all. I'll call my doctor tomorrow. I don't feel well for the last few days, very sleepy and feeling fatigue, having goosebumps, I've had that a year ago and I think it's thyroid related. I am so scared. Scared of covid, of dying, I will go crazy if I can't get the vaccine (probably can't because I am feeling unwell) but I am also scared of the vaccine, it's been a horrible year and I don't see an end.

darlene85
27-05-21, 22:01
So, my doctor in one minute phone conversation said I can get the vaccine. It's not that I don't believe him but I have no other choice because I don't have any other doctor to ask.
I will get Pfizer on Monday if I manage to get there, half hour walk, it will be exciting because I am already dying of anxiety.
If I die, it was meant to be.

I have terrible eyelid twitching right now and I am scared that my nerves are damaged and that the vaccine will paralyse me just like those other people I saw on news. I've read about someone's grandma who had some slight nerve damage and after vaccine she had 39 temperature for a week and more and was completely paralysed. She was really healthy before that.

So, I don't know. I can't live anymore with the fear of covid, I don't have any other choice. If I die, it will be because doctors just don't care.

Fishmanpa
27-05-21, 22:52
My wife has thyroid issues and takes a low dose med to control it. Other than the normal side effects, she was fine. You will be too.

Ppositive thoughts

darlene85
27-05-21, 22:53
I don't take meds, that's why I am concerned. But thank you, I really hope so.

Fishmanpa
28-05-21, 01:44
Ok... well let us know how you make out....

FMP

pulisa
28-05-21, 07:58
Do you choose not to take meds for your thyroid condition?

darlene85
28-05-21, 09:14
No, I was having a really bad HA and was scared they will find a cancer so I just didn't go to the doctor for a long time and then it was pandemic so I didn't go. I don't know, if anything happens, I guess I deserved it because it's just plain stupid.

darlene85
28-05-21, 13:36
I keep torturing myself and I think I won't go. But that means depression because I just can't handle anymore that fear of covid, especially in summer.
I am so afraid and I think that doctor was just trying to cut the conversation, he didn't even know if I am on meds, I had to tell him.
I was so hopeful that all this will end but now I think I'll pay my irresponsibility...