PDA

View Full Version : Possible breast discharge quandary

Victoria84
03-05-21, 16:45
Hi, this is a bit of a long winded explanation but, I noticed a small blob on my pyjama top this morning, it was about an inch away from the centre of my nipple so immediately I thought its my nipple leaking, it just looks like a small drop of water, the drop hasn't dried though, it's still on my top now . Ive squeezed my nipple and nothing at all comes out, no lumps or swelling or redness etc. Rationally thinking - it's a top I've had years so could quite possibly be some butter or something that my 3 year old has stuck to me that I've not noticed hadn't washed off but the HA/panic side of me thinks otherwise. I went for an ultrasound scan on that very breast in October because I found a lump but that disappeared. What I'm trying to ask is should I phone the doctors about it or am I going overboard? I kind of get things out of proportion sometimes.

Carys
03-05-21, 16:49
I think the rational is being very rational, and I would go with that and don't consider this a quandry. :) Everything at this juncture points to this being a greasy stain on an old top, you've had an ultrasound only 6 months ago and unless there are any other symptoms (which there appears not to be at all, in any shape or form) then the only connection to your breast currently is that the 'non-drying liquid' was plonked near it. I'd not phone the doctor, as this is simply not enough for any investigation, or even a call, to be necessary and would be a waste of time and resources. If anything changes then you can re-think later. Incidentally, even if this was discharge, some discharge can naturally occur , here is the NHS take on it -

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nipple-discharge/

Victoria84
03-05-21, 17:00
Thank you Carys, it was the 'nipple discharge from only one breast and you've had it' message that was circling in my fruit loop brain.

Carys
03-05-21, 17:47
'nipple discharge from only one breast and you've had it'

Well, thats not even a message that exists, there are different causes of discharge and different types :)