PDA

View Full Version : post nasal drip cough,that is so bad, barking. think it might be asbestos

ashleep
06-05-21, 12:08
so i got a cold a few weeks ago now, and i dont know if i got another one on top, but i have such a bad cough, sound like a bark and when i talk its kinda worse, and i coughed up mucus ( yellow) but i don't why im not getting better. and im on antibiotics 2 days ( i have been around asbestos. like maybe 10 years ago now, so my mum sand papered a wall int he bathroom, house is so old. and the dust when everywhere, and she made me clean it up, i did, then i realize it prob was asbestos. my mum coughs all the time now bad cough. but yeah its been 2 weeks i have been sick. and this cough sucks, i always get coughs too, but not this bad, but i always but it down to my acid, but now i think maybe its the asbestos, because i cnat stop and i look so bad at work, side note i got the covid shot ahhhh i cnat deal, like why is it getting worse not better

BlueIris
06-05-21, 12:11
Why don't you work on your health anxiety?

Fishmanpa
06-05-21, 12:13
You're really in a rabbit hole. Between thinking cancer is contagious and now this? :wacko: Might want to seek some real life help for the illness you do have.

FMP

ashleep
19-05-21, 12:16
im freaking out so bad, i have a cough that wont go away.. im soo sacred its soemthign bad, and the pharmacist at work made me get a flu shot... and now im like has this made it worse, whats if the flu shot makes it worse or turns it in to something bad and i have been around asbestos, i am soooooooo scared. i have this cough for over two weeks i think it was maybe getting better and then she made me, i told her i didnt want too. and now its way worse. and i have been on antibiotics a week ago. like this sucks, it so unfair. the flu shot my make it turn into something bad, so im worrying like about 3 things here, and a barking coughing. im am beyond scared

ankietyjoe
19-05-21, 14:07
You've already got a thread about your cough (which you didn't respond to) and mentioned you have reflux and post nasal drip. Both of these can cause a persistent cough that will NOT go away with treatment.

First thing you need to do is pull yourself together a bit and stop having a massive catastrophising session over what is just a cough. Try and stop feeling so victimised as well 'they made me get a flu shot'....'this is so unfair'. It's just life, we all have to deal with it.

Right now you're worrying over nothing.

nomorepanic
19-05-21, 17:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

ashleep
19-05-21, 17:50
Ahhh sorry guys I didn’t u will all be mean to me. But well I’m not sure it’s okay drip cough. Because I did have a cold. But anyways I was more wondering if the flu shot made it worse and I just want to get better and I told her no and she did it. So I am a little pissed off. But thanks for the nastiest

BlueIris
19-05-21, 17:57
There's nothing nasty about a reality check - I suffer from health anxiety, too, and sometimes I need a bit of a kick up the bum to help me be realistic.

Out of interest, how do you think the flu vaccination works that it could do something like that?

ashleep
19-05-21, 18:01
To be honest it wa said nasty and I am really worried I was getting better and now it’s so bad. So I am allow to be worried.I thought this was page for people who worry my bad and sorry, hope you are super health tho

BlueIris
19-05-21, 18:04
The forum is supposed to be for people who want to recover from anxiety, which means admitting that the worrying itself is a problem - does that make sense?

If you have reflux and post nasal drip, these can both cause a nasty cough. I know that my reflux tends to get worse when I'm stressed and anxious, too.

ashleep
19-05-21, 18:13
No I had a cold, as well. but it everyone at work is acting like my cough is soo bad which it is and I know what a normal acid reflux cough is liek and itÂ’s not like this and itÂ’s freaks me out and then a few goes after the flu shot it got so bad, so my question was can it make it worse? And I worried because itÂ’s been so long But everyone just to nasty. So thanks

BlueIris
19-05-21, 18:19
Hope things ease up for you soon; if not, you should pay a visit to your doctor to set your mind at ease.

Fishmanpa
19-05-21, 18:20
The forum is supposed to be for people who want to recover from anxiety, which means admitting that the worrying itself is a problem

I agree... It's called "No More Panic" not "Tea and Sympathy" or "Feed my Dragon" for a reason. When actual anxiety sufferers are telling you your fear is irrational, you best sit up and take notice ;)

FMP

ankietyjoe
19-05-21, 20:52
To be honest it wa said nasty and I am really worried I was getting better and now it’s so bad. So I am allow to be worried.I thought this was page for people who worry my bad and sorry, hope you are super health tho

This forum is for people who want to recover from anxiety (No More Panic), not become melodramatic about a cough. You have a cough, right?

Your entire outlook and language about what is just a cough needs to be looked at, by you. Nobody is being mean to you, but you're coming across as incredibly childish, but you say you work so you're not a child. As has been mentioned, sometimes you need a kick up the arse to pull yourself together and not just go on and on about all the things that are not wrong with you. You have, a cough.

And, as has been mentioned to you before, post nasal drip and reflux can cause a cough that doesn't go away. It would be useful if you actually addressed some of the advice you are being given instead of feeling sorry for yourself.

ashleep
19-05-21, 21:19
Ahhhh sorry I don’t think I been dramatic, I am actually worried maybe it’s not a big deal for you which’s fine maybe u don’t need say anything, and a cough can be more like lead to more thinks if it doesn’t no away and it’s hard when all my work mates are freaking out because it’s not going. Away it stresses me out more because I do have health an obviously i feel bad writing it now. Even tho I’m worried, and I do have health anxiety obviously, and I admit that . But sorry this was a waste of time

ashleep
19-05-21, 21:19
And I was really wonder if it was bad to get a flu shot while having. A cough. So no I don’t think I was been child, but thanks

ashleep
23-05-21, 06:07
i had a cold three weeks ago, then i got a post nasal drip went tot he doctors said it was from my nose, but the cough got worse like more mucus, sounds really barking cough, and like im clearing the mucus ( but it doesn't really like a normal chesty cough like i had in the passed with big balls of phlegm) took antibiotics. and it still here, all my work mates are freaking out went back to the doctor said it was bad .. gave me more antibiotics ( haven taken them )
but there always seem to be thick phlegm running down my throat ( so annoying )
and then when i talk lots i start coughing more so it hard.
worse after lunch, normally have a coke with my lunch .. maybe that making it worse.
last year i have a weird cough. but it was dry also hard to talk . and i thought it from reflux , that got better
but this is barking sound, seems phlegm, stuffy nose, nasal drip
taking a nasal spray, have to use inhaler at work, so i can talk with coughing ( the morning it seem a bit better )
and the gym i start coughing ( not good look)
he said to a chest x ray but im way to scared .. i get bad anxiety waiting fro result
i started taking losec meds for acid ( just in case)
i have been around asbestos like 10 years ago now
im soooo sacred its something bad and i just want to got the gym and do stuff with out coughing

glassgirlw
23-05-21, 14:19
I know if I have a cold that moves into my chest, I can have a horrible cough that lasts for quite awhile. I think 3-4 weeks for a post-cold cough is not unheard of. Unless there is an infection present antibiotics won’t usually help. I tend to take mucinex to help break up the chest congestion. Not sure if you have something similar over there?

nomorepanic
23-05-21, 14:39
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.