PDA

View Full Version : Just had AstraZeneca vaccine and I have lymph worries. Advice from AZ recipients

scared88
06-05-21, 16:25
I just had the AZ vaccine today and I'm having some concers. Not really about any blood clot issues but lymph node issue. I have swollen nodes in my armpit and groin, but none in my neck, thankfully, these have been swollen for 14 years. I'm not really worried about them per se but anything lymph node related is a bit of a trigger for me, so I saw mentioned on the documentation for the vaccine that swollen lymph are a possibility. I'm mostly worried about getting new swellings in a new site and them never going down again especially in my neck around the clavicle.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone here that has had the AZ vaccines and maybe has similar fears could help me put my mind at ease.

BlueIris
06-05-21, 16:34
I had the AZ vaccine and nothing swelled.

scared88
06-05-21, 16:39
I had the AZ vaccine and nothing swelled.

Thank you. Did you get any symptoms?

BlueIris
06-05-21, 16:43
A little bit of nausea and general wooziness; enough for me to stay off work the next day but basically only because I fancied a sickie ;)

Carys
06-05-21, 16:45
There have been a few posts on here from people who have had lymph nodes come up in the associated arm of vaccination. Infact women who are having mammograms and breast health checks have been advised that they should tell the Dr as the normal immune response on one side can also affect breast lymph nodes. It can happen, its a documented immune response, it is totally natural and the function of the healthy lymph nodes. It can take weeks for them to return to normal however, and a major factor in them not returning to normal size is being poked or prodded on a regular basis. I don't know if my lymph nodes came up, as I don't check lymph nodes. Why would it concern you as it has a clear temporary cause and effect ?

NoraB
07-05-21, 07:26
Hubs had the AZ jab and was sound..