PDA

View Full Version : Nauseous on Sertaline??

Mooky
10-11-07, 13:00
Hi

Anybody feel nauseous whilst on Sertraline?? I have been on this for 2 months now (low dose to get me used to it) I am not a sickly person, but some days I feel quite nauseous. Not like I am going to be sick, just a sickly feeling. I am not really off my food at all. I can be ok for a while and then have a nauseous day again. Dr thinks that when I get onto 75mg it may start to get me "back to normal". I don't want to be on medication too long, she initially said 3 to 6 months.

The Dr's have found nothing wrong in the past, ("can't find anything medically wrong with you") which is great, but I still worry!! I suppose the Dr's do know what they are doing!! but it doesn't stop me worrying!

Stomach has also been a little strange, sometimes when I go out in the cold, it starts aching when I get back in, as though I get a chill on my stomach, anyone else get this??

Thanks for your help!

Mooky :)

Sarah Lou
10-11-07, 13:22
Hi

I'm not on your drug but am on Reboxatine, and I get extremely nauseous on this. At first I completely lost my appetite, and then the nausea kicked in. Two months after I started the tabs, the nausea passed and then the doc increased my dose and the nausea came back. Mines worse when I'm hungry or just eaten.
I suspect your suffering side effects as well, but they're bound to pass.
Have you read the leaflet for your tabs? Does it list your symptons?
Try not to worry (easier said than done I know!)
Take care
Sarah Lou x

playgirl
10-11-07, 13:25
Hi, Ive Been On Sertraline For About A Year, And Yes I Think One Of The Side Effects Is Nausea. I Get Days Were Im Fine And Then Days Were I Feel Sick, Have Heartburn And Really Bad Stomach Ache. I Drink Some Water Instead Of Tea, Coffee Etc And Seems To Ease It A Bit.

Hope You Feel Better Soon
Claire X

playgirl
10-11-07, 13:28
Hi Me Again, Forgot To Say, Do You Take Your Dose In One?, Im On 75mg, And I Take A Whole One In The Morning And Then Half After Tea, Ive Found Its Easier On The Nausea To Break Up The Dose

Cheers
Clairex

lesleyB
10-11-07, 13:45
Hi Mooky, I am on Sertraline and one of the side affects is nausea hang in there it does get better.:hugs:
LesleyB

Mooky
10-11-07, 14:59
Hi

Thanks to everybody for your helpful replies. Clare - I have been on the Sertraline Liquid for 2 months, 4 wks on half a teaspoon and then 4 wks on 1 teaspoon. I have just finished the liquid, and have had my 1st 50mg tablet today. Apparantly, it is the same dose as the 1 spoonful, so I should be ok!!! Dr said maybe up it to one and a half tablets in around 1 week or so. Have you found this Sertraline helpful then?? It's great to get re-assurance from you all, so thanks for that!

Mooky x:)