PDA

View Full Version : Woke up dizzy today but I drank the night before, is it normal?

Mostu
18-05-21, 14:22
I'm 25 years old. I had some whisky and beers with a friend yesterday and I got pretty drunk. I went to sleep at around midnight, and woke up at around 9:00 am. I only opened my eyes (didn't get up) and I noticed that everything is spinning, like I just got off a carousel. It lasted for around 10 seconds and then I got up normally. I can recall that it happened before, I think that it was after heavy drinking as well, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else get vertigo the morning after drinking alcohol? I'm getting worried about a brain tumor here :(

BlueIris
18-05-21, 14:23
Don't be ridiculous, it's perfectly normal to feel wonky after a night on the lash.

nomorepanic
18-05-21, 14:27
It's called a hangover not a brain tumour. :wacko:

Scaredtoo
18-05-21, 23:31
I'm 25 years old. I had some whisky and beers with a friend yesterday and I got pretty drunk. I went to sleep at around midnight, and woke up at around 9:00 am. I only opened my eyes (didn't get up) and I noticed that everything is spinning, like I just got off a carousel. It lasted for around 10 seconds and then I got up normally. I can recall that it happened before, I think that it was after heavy drinking as well, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else get vertigo the morning after drinking alcohol? I'm getting worried about a brain tumor here :(

Happens to me all the time. I’m a lot older than you at 46 but every single time this happens to me. It’s very normal

NoraB
19-05-21, 07:33

Yes, you have a case of veisalgia - a common complaint which is triggered by ingesting copious amounts of alcohol - with or without mates.

Symptoms include dizziness, having a mouth that feels like 'a camels @rse in a sandstorm', a 'bangin' headache, and occasionally waking up in a skip. :yesyes:

I've had all of the above except the skip bit, but I have 'come to' on a child's trampoline. :ohmy: