PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in mouth! - so anxious!

Jess5566
20-05-21, 17:58
So I’ve posted here before about my fear of food. (Due to fear of anaphylaxis) in 2019 I had tingling in my mouth after a McDonald’s, even though I ate it everyday that week. I stopped eating most foods up until 2 weeks ago, I spoke with a doctor and he said I’m gonna be really poorly if I don’t start eating now!

So I’ve been trying new foods and everything’s been great!, so my partner suggested I try McDonald’s again and we will drive to the hospital and sit outside to give me some comfort, so last week we went and got one sat outside the hospital and I ate it and everything was fine.

I felt great and maybe it wasn’t a allergy to McDonald’s at all. So today we decided to go and get one again, only this time as soon as I finished eating my whole mouth started to tingle again... all over. This has just sent me right back to the beginning but I can’t afford to lose any more weight.

I’m confused how I got the same exact meal a week apart and one made me have a allergy and one didn’t.

Any advice is welcome!:)

Thank You

Jess5566
20-05-21, 18:10
I’m really scared it’ll turn into anaphylaxis too, I ate at 4pm it’s now 6pm, I just know I won’t be able to sleep or anything until I feel 100% safe!

nomorepanic
20-05-21, 18:38
It is anxiety causing all of your symptoms not an allergic reaction.

Scass
20-05-21, 20:33
Yes. I agree with NMP. It must be anxiety.

Please don’t stop eating. It would serve you better to start working properly on your fears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoraB
21-05-21, 07:27
I felt great and maybe it wasn’t a allergy to McDonald’s at all.

I'm thinking that you don't understand what an allergy is?

I’m confused how I got the same exact meal a week apart and one made me have a allergy and one didn’t.

You don't have an allergy. You do have a phobia that's connected to the mouth, so it doesn't surprise me that you'd experience symptoms (tingling) in that area. This is anxiety, not an allergy.

Jess5566
21-05-21, 10:16
Of course I know what a allergy is, tingling that presents in the mouth straight after eating is a sign that you have ate something you are allergic to, and I did have a raised IgE blood test back after my last reaction, so I’ve contacted my doctor and asked if they could find out exactly what it is so I can avoid in the future!

Fishmanpa
21-05-21, 11:47
TBH, an allergy to McDonalds food and having to give it up wouldn't be the worst thing in the world :winks:

Positive thoughts

Jess5566
21-05-21, 13:52
Very true!, just gets me really anxious as I think I’ll be allergic to everything but I’m trying hard to not let it get that way again, thanks for your replies ��