PDA

View Full Version : Mouth cancer?

Toby2000
21-05-21, 02:43
When I woke up this morning, I sort of realised that the inside of my cheek was hurting a bit, especially as I brushed my teeth and the toothbrush came into contact with the area.

Well I just checked and I have what seems like a mildly painful abscess on my cheek next to my far right top back tooth, at the end.

I know for a fact that the tooth at the back is infected inside because it's right next to the one that I had out a year ago, so it suffered the same problems.

I felt some mild shooting pains in the tooth earlier too. It always feels painful when I put pressure on it but I can live with it, as it's the tooth right at the back

But of course, I'm scared that the abscess or whatever is cancer.

I will have my next dental checkup early, but in the meantime, does it sound much like cancer?

BlueIris
21-05-21, 04:33
Two totally separate things, Toby. You know you have a rational explanation for this.

Toby2000
21-05-21, 20:11
Two totally separate things, Toby. You know you have a rational explanation for this.

I thought that it was an abscess from the painful tooth right at the back, but I don't think you get abscesses inside the cheek, more so above your teeth/along your gums...

So naturally, I'm scared that it's a tumor, because it doesn't feel too much like an ulcer although maybe it could be? It's just not really red and sore, it's pink and has a small white-ish yellow spot on it... the flesh color just makes me think "tumor"

BlueIris
21-05-21, 20:24
With all due respect, you do know that you're unrealistically predisposed to thinking everything's a tumour?

Toby2000
15-06-21, 16:45
With all due respect, you do know that you're unrealistically predisposed to thinking everything's a tumour?

Yes. I guess I was worrying for nothing because it's fine now

Anxiouscow
15-06-21, 17:40
For future reference, if the "2000" in your name is your year of birth, mouth cancer in a 20/21 year old is practically unheard of.