PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes worry

scared88
21-05-21, 15:31
I've been worrying about diabetes lately. My diet has been rubbish for a while but I have made some changes and tried to reduce sugar and lost few kilos. But lately I have been having leg pain and pain in my foot. Both legs and feet but more often in the right. I'm not particularly fatigued but I am falling asleep earlier than I'm used to but I still have energy for everything I have to do during the day. Not noticed any change in urinary habits or any particular increase in thirst.

I hope my path to a better lifestyle isn't coming too late.

nomorepanic
21-05-21, 16:13
Why not just get tested then you will know for sure?

MandaIsAnxious
22-05-21, 00:33
I was recently found to be pre-diabetic and the day I found out I started doing massive amounts of research. Since Covid started I have been working from home and I have been eating ice cream like it's my job. I am now intermittent fasting and eating lower carbs/no added sugar/less calories and I have already lost 19 pounds in under 4 weeks. There are several YouTube channels that I have been watching religiously.

Those are Dr. Jason Fung, Dr. Eric Berg, and Health Coach Kait.

They say that pre-diabetes and even Type II diabetes can be reversed.

So even if you do have a problem, it is not a death or even a life sentence!

Bakebeansrule
22-05-21, 15:47
I am type 2 diabetic. I had no symptoms just a routine blood test showed my HbA1c was 56. I did lots of research and asked lots of questions. 2 years later my HbA1c is 31 and I’ve lost over 4 stone in weight. I’ve not taken any medication just cut stuff from my diet and even found lots of foods I’d never tried. It can be overwhelming at times but it’s manageable and if you were to be diabetic it’s really not the end of the world. Good luck!

BackRoads
22-05-21, 16:30
I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a little over 2 years ago. I changed my diet to a low carb diet. Have had normal A1C scores since then. The sources Amanda mentioned above are great. I also found the "Beat Diabetes" (Dennis Pollock)channel on youtube. Dennis is not a doctor, but the channel is great! Gives you easy to understand advice.

MandaIsAnxious
22-05-21, 19:22
Oh yes! I have seen that channel as well and I believe I learned of Dr. Fung and Dr. Berg from someone mentioning them in the Beat Diabetes comments section.

True to HA form, I am worrying that my weight loss is ominous even though I have been IF and eating about half the calories I was.

The HA mind can really turn anything into a scary thing. Incredible!

Fishmanpa
22-05-21, 19:37
Regardless of a diagnosis of diabetes or something else, healthy eating is something we should all take into consideration. It can control/resolve real medical issues and it's just plain common sense. The OP, if she is that concerned can find out what's going on but in the mean time, common sense rules.

FMP