PDA

View Full Version : How many tests have you had due to anxiety?

wingo22
21-05-21, 20:25
Hi all,

back after a Looooong time. just wondering how many health tests you have put yourself through due to your anxiety?

I have had at least 5 ultrasounds, 2 MRI, CT scan, EKG, Neuro exams x 3 and more.

I am 31. Just wondering if anyone else would like to share .

BlueIris
21-05-21, 20:34
None, because I'm rabidly phobic and always ask not to have them unless it's totally necessary.

Did have a hospital referral for skin cancer once, but that wasn't as much HA as something glaringly obvious I deliberately ignored for 5 years.

Fishmanpa
21-05-21, 20:40
I would never have to pay for medical care for the rest of my life if the members here sent me the money they've spent on unnecessary tests and doctor appointments ;) And I actually have real medical issues!

FMP

wingo22
02-06-21, 22:17
Thanks everyone!
Can anyone else chip in?

Fishmanpa
02-06-21, 22:22
Thanks everyone!
Can anyone else chip in?

Why? :huh:

FMP

jojo2316
02-06-21, 23:06
Ok. This will be an underestimate.
13 ultrasounds (at least), 6 MRIs, 4 CT scans, 3 mammograms, 2 colonoscopies, 2 gastroscopies, a uterine biopsy and numerous doctors visits.
oops. Writing that down is quite sobering for me. I’m 44

MrLurcher
02-06-21, 23:35
Ok. This will be an underestimate.
13 ultrasounds (at least), 6 MRIs, 4 CT scans, 3 mammograms, 2 colonoscopies, 2 gastroscopies, a uterine biopsy and numerous doctors visits.
oops. Writing that down is quite sobering for me. I知 44

2 colonoscopies? You're brave!!

Myself, within the space of 20 months - 4 blood tests, a few urine tests, 3 fingers up the bum (not at the same time), 3 ECG's, 1 Sigmoidoscopy, 1 Heart Echocardiogram, 1 X-ray, 2 eye tests (non-routine), probably 15 doctors appointments, 3 A&E visits, a few out of hours calls.

Fishmanpa
03-06-21, 00:01
I again, I ask "Why?" To make you feel better about seeking reassurance and spending thousands of dollars to find out nothing is wrong? I had as many or more than most for an actual reason. Like I said, I would never have a medical financial worry if I had the monies spent here for unnecessary tests.

FMP

nhelen79
04-06-21, 07:06
At the moment I知 stuck in between trusting my doctor and pushing for an MRI for my neck pain. Either way I知 so screwed and scared.

Last year alone, I had 1 colonoscopy, 2 biopsies, 2 mammograms, 2 ultrasounds, 2 throat scopes for my symptoms. My anxiety pushed me to see doctors and they investigated. These are not privately paid. They were under my insurance coverage but I needed to pay full deductible. Suck big time

I don稚 count multiple doctor appointments. I知 tired of being anxious and tired

nhelen79
04-06-21, 07:07
I again, I ask "Why?" To make you feel better about seeking reassurance and spending thousands of dollars to find out nothing is wrong? I had as many or more than most for an actual reason. Like I said, I would never have a medical financial worry if I had the monies spent here for unnecessary tests.

FMP

The fear of doctor misdiagnosed :( I知 currently facing this same issue, Fishmanpa if you see my other post