PDA

View Full Version : Really Panicking Today After a Very Bad Year.

panicperson1977
22-05-21, 15:49
To cut a long story short, I’ve been suffering from health anxiety for some years now. Doctor gave me citalopram initially about a year ago, which worked for about 6 months, then the effect tapered off. Then moved me to sertaline (low dose.) I also got full blood testing 12 months ago, which examined all my major systems including the liver. All the blood tests came back fine.

Anyway. A year on, and I’ve spent most of the last year in the house on my own due to lockdown. I didn’t see my parents for months, and just after the initial lockdown was lifted I got the terrible news my mum was terminally ill. She passed away just after New Year. Of course the effects of my mother’s death and lockdown has been massive on me. I’ve been drinking light lager (Bud Light) every day for past 12 months, and my health anxiety/general anxiety is now sky high. I made a list of all the ‘illnesses’ I’ve found over the past year, and it was huge!

I’m checking myself every day for signs that ‘something is wrong,’ and today I found a small bruise on my lower eyelid. Something I’ve never seen before. I am now convinced I’ve got a ‘blood clotting’ problem related to the drinking. I am trying to rationalise it though, and thought maybe it could have been caused by rubbing a ‘moisture stick’ on my eyelids this morning?

I am in a complete state of panic today, and after the events of the past year my ‘support network’ has almost gone.

The bruise itself is very small (1mm,) and the photo below makes it look bigger as it’s ‘zoomed in.’ Apart from the terrible anxiety and isolation of the past year, I don’t really have any other symptoms, and no significant bruising anywhere else on my body.

Thanks for reading.

nomorepanic
22-05-21, 16:13
picture removed.

Gizmo1946
22-05-21, 18:43
Hi Panic,
may i offer my deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear Mother.
I really understand what you have been going through,nothing makes anxiety worse than isolation your mind can run riot, that plus the loss of your Mum i am not surprised your in such turmoil.
I am not a doctor but i doubt lager would cause blood clots and as for the bruise on your eyelid ask your pharmacist.I have asked mine about a few spots so they usually know about them.Try to renew your support network if you can,now that covid restrictions are a bit more relaxed.
I know how you feel because i am just like you i live most days in total fear.

panicperson1977
22-05-21, 20:14
Thanks for the kind words Gizmo!

Oddly the ‘bruise’ has almost disappeared this evening. I put sudocrem on it, don’t know if that helped. I am now beginning to think that it was possible a small burst blood vessel, that could be seen through the very thin skin of my eyelid.

As for going forward. Think I need to really taper off the booze, and start following the steps in the NHS ‘Health Anxiety’ pamphlet on a daily basis.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3013&d=1492604800

Thanks again, and Good Luck!

Gizmo1946
23-05-21, 12:28
You are very welcome panic,i know what it is like to lose your parents i lost mine some years ago.My Dad was a huge hypochondriac,so was his Brother and 2 Sisters,i did not stand much chance did i?
I will admit to a couple of weak whisky and waters before bed,they help me to nod off.
My wife and i do try to eat well and eat good fruit and veg, chicken turkey and fish.I did learn this so as i do not have anxiety about what i am eating.The little bit of whisky that i have is a pleasure that i allow myself.
Look after yourself and my best wishes to you.Gizmo