PDA

View Full Version : Just Need to Vent

icantbestill81
23-05-21, 18:03
So this week has been tough. My friend unexpectedly passed from stroke complications (she was 15 years older than me) and I thought I was coping okay but my body has other ideas. I'm refusing to Google but the bodily symptoms (dizziness, panic attacks, IBS issues, depersonalization, etc have been really messing with me. Feel like crying. I'm grieving my friend and feeling like I'm dying all week. The mind body connection is just so strong and I'm really trying my best to practice self care and CBT techniques but I'm struggling so much. Everyday is something new and it's easy to say it'll pass (because it will) but I'm so tired.

AntsyVee
23-05-21, 23:34
I'm sorry for your loss :/

Don't be afraid to reach out for grief therapy. It is not easy dealing with the death of a loved one, and sometimes our grief manifests itself in physical complaints and anxiety because it is often easier to deal with than accepting that one of our buddies is gone.

:hugs:

icantbestill81
24-05-21, 14:34
Thank you so much. I'm seeing a therapist weekly anyway and I did bring up losing my friend. It's so hard for me to give myself permission to really grieve, I guess and I'm sure that's why it comes out bodily. I really appreciate your kindness and response. :)