PDA

View Full Version : HIV fears are back thanks to tik tok.

crazygal
23-05-21, 23:29
I was scrolling through tik tok videos until I came across a video with a woman talking about how she caught HIV.

This is the 2nd video I've seen of a woman talking about how she caught hiv.

My anxiety is now telling me its a sign.

Mind you I've been having sex with the same person for the past 2 years.

But now I keep thinking someone I slept with prior to meeting my husband. I slept with a guy a month before meeting my husband. I got tested when I first met my husband. So I got tested a month after the encounter with the guy. They drew blood from my vein and it was negative.

But after seeing the tik tok videos I'm in full anxiety attack mode. I can't sleep.

I'm planning on getting tested but I'm shaking.

Need some reassurance so I can get through these days.

Fishmanpa
24-05-21, 00:02
They drew blood from my vein and it was negative.

C'mon now... you KNOW what the deal is.

FMP

utrocket09
24-05-21, 00:35
I was scrolling through tik tok videos until I came across a video with a woman talking about how she caught HIV.

Mind you I've been having sex with the same person for the past 2 years.

But now I keep thinking someone I slept with prior to meeting my husband. I slept with a guy a month before meeting my husband. I got tested when I first met my husband. So I got tested a month after the encounter with the guy. They drew blood from my vein and it was negative.

But after seeing the tik tok videos I'm in full anxiety attack mode. I can't sleep.

I'm planning on getting tested but I'm shaking.

Need some reassurance so I can get through these days.

Here is an idea...stop watching tik tok! You obviously were looking for something when you found such videos

ankietyjoe
24-05-21, 11:48

Well your anxiety can believe in superstitious nonsense, but that doesn't mean you have to.

crazygal
25-05-21, 19:51
Honestly I wasn't looking got anything health related. It just popped up on my feed. That's why I thought it was odd.

nomorepanic
25-05-21, 20:46
But you searched for HIV in the past on the same device?

utrocket09
25-05-21, 22:50
Honestly I wasn't looking got anything health related. It just popped up on my feed. That's why I thought it was odd.

HIV/health related stuff does not just show up on TikTok unless you go looking for it.

NoraB
26-05-21, 08:35

Most video sharing websites 'suggest' videos for you based on videos you've watched, searched for, or liked etc. So you can expect more of the same. It's not 'a sign'. It's how these websites work.

Do yourself a massive favour and delete your account if you're unable to scroll past triggering content because nobody is forcing you to watch these videos..

What did you expect would happen CG?

This HIV fear goes back to 2018 as far as I can see?

Reassurance from us and being tested (again) will only last until the next time you're triggered. Address the issue as a whole (health anxiety) and you will be more able to be rational - even when faced with triggers.

BlueIris
26-05-21, 08:40
Agreeing with the crowd here - the only way to get health videos in your feed is to have searched for them, on that platform or elsewhere.

Look on it as another reason to be really careful what you Google, in case it comes back to haunt you when you don't need it.

NoraB
26-05-21, 08:42
Look on it as another reason to be really careful what you Google, in case it comes back to haunt you when you don't need it.

Unless it's 'topless shots of Tom Hardy' and then it's always ok. :w00t2:

BlueIris
26-05-21, 08:44
Unless it's 'topless shots of Tom Hardy' and then it's always ok. :w00t2:

Nora, did you really have to? I'm in work til 7, it's gonna be boring and now I'm going to land up with a REALLY suspect search history. :noangel:

crazygal
30-05-21, 08:43
HIV/health related stuff does not just show up on TikTok unless you go looking for it.

I try avoid searching for diseases that trigger me. That's why I'm shocked in popped up in my tik tok and freaked out.

crazygal
30-05-21, 08:48
I'm finally getting the courage today to get tested. I hope everything is OK.

Reason why I'm so worried is because they say HIV can take 3 months to come up positive. I got a HIV blood test 1 month after but didn't go for 3 month post test.

The guy I was with before my husband was negative as far as I know. But I'm always worried about the possibility he didn't know he was infected or something.

I started watching tik tok to relieve stress after work and now it's triggering my health anxiety.

I know it's probably just my HA actinf a fool, but there's always that what if in the tiny corner of my brain.

Thanks for your comments. They made me feel a bit better.

NoraB
01-06-21, 08:04
I'm going to land up with a REALLY suspect search history. :noangel:

Imagination leaves no trace... :dribble:

NoraB
01-06-21, 08:11
I know it's probably just my HA actinf a fool, but there's always that what if in the tiny corner of my brain.

Respectfully, if it was a case of a 'tiny corner' of your brain - you wouldn't be in this state. The HA 'what if' is a brain invader. It overrides rationality and steals joy from those moments which should make us happy.

When the test comes back negative (as I expect) what will you do then?

Will this be enough to convince you? Or will it be a case of short-lived reassurance? It's therapy that will help you long-term CG.

Sigint
19-08-21, 15:52
I want to complete what was mentioned above. The videos on Tiktok are mostly chosen according to the preferences or based on the user's searches. Therefore this is just something emotional. There is such a fear in your subconscious, and I advise you to take the test and calm down. Honestly, I'm not into TikTok. I use it more for work. With it you can earn pretty good money, you have to know how to do it. Not long ago, I used the Tik Free Followers (https://tikfreefollowers.com/) service to expand my follower base. In my opinion, Tiktok is not such a bad app, but people need to know how to use it and be emotionally strong to use it.

Scissel
19-08-21, 17:04
I've discovered I do better without social media and tiktok. I'm easily triggered as well.

Scissel
19-08-21, 17:05
Imagination leaves no trace... :dribble:https://www.tisharichmond.com/uploads/6/2/8/6/62865537/published/img-8166_1.png?1533940480

MyNameIsTerry
20-08-21, 07:06
https://www.tisharichmond.com/uploads/6/2/8/6/62865537/published/img-8166_1.png?1533940480

Yes, that's actually a MRI scan of Nora's brain when someone mentions Tom Hardy :roflmao: