PDA

View Full Version : Bruise gone, but still shin hurts - should I be concerned?

Sparky16
25-05-21, 05:03
I'm short on home office space, so I have a printer/copier/scanner sitting on the floor. It's one of those models with a touch screen on top. One morning about a month ago, I walked slam into the edge of that touch screen with my shin. Man, it hurt something terrible! You can no longer see a bruise where it happened, but the spot still hurts to touch, and there is a very slight swelling there that you can only feel, but not see. As long as I don't touch it, my leg feels fine, but I notice it when I run the washcloth over it in the shower.

I've never done anything like this to myself before. Anybody had an injury like this would hurt this long? I hate to call the doctor's office with this question, it seems kind of silly, but I don't want to ignore something I shouldn't, either. I hate problems like this.

Punky789
26-05-21, 05:09
I do not think you should be very concerned, no. You could have bruised the bone, which just takes a bit longer to heal than a surface bruise. Have you tried resting, icing, and taking pain killers?