PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a precursor to throat cancer?

LG18
25-05-21, 15:57
I’ve worried about this in the past before, but stopped because they didn’t get any bigger. I’ve had this for a couple of years, but rather than worrying it is cancer, I’m worried it might turn into cancer.

Right at the back of my throat, there are these two little spot looking things (you can only see them with a torch because they’re right at the back). If I yawn at the same time and the skin around them stretches, they go sort of white. I’ve noticed the skin of the back of the throat is naturally sort of like this; there’s a sort of mottled colour between patches of pink and white which is normal I think.

Aside from these little spots, there’s also some tiny little white specs even further down into my throat, but they’re really hard see because of how far down they are and I can’t really make them out. I’m concerned they’re related to the above two spots.

When I was at Uni three years ago, I once used a bong incorrectly. The smoke didn’t cool in the water, so I took in a ton of really hot smoke and it was incredibly painful for about five minuets after. I’m worried that this occurrence may have permanently de-natured the skin and caused these things I describe, and that in the future, they could turn cancerous.

It may be the case that it’s just normal anatomy, but I have no point of reference, and I cannot research it online for fear where that will lead in exasperating my anxiety.

Is it possible I have the precursors to throat cancer from that hot bong inhalation, do you think?

Many thanks.

Fishmanpa
25-05-21, 17:28
You're creating negative irrational scenarios and performing very unusual self examinations on yourself when you have no idea what you're doing or what you're looking at. Obviously, that's not helping your anxiety. Might want to find something else to do ;)

Positive thoughts

utrocket09
25-05-21, 22:52
I’ve worried about this in the past before, but stopped because they didn’t get any bigger. I’ve had this for a couple of years, but rather than worrying it is cancer, I’m worried it might turn into cancer.

Right at the back of my throat, there are these two little spot looking things (you can only see them with a torch because they’re right at the back). If I yawn at the same time and the skin around them stretches, they go sort of white. I’ve noticed the skin of the back of the throat is naturally sort of like this; there’s a sort of mottled colour between patches of pink and white which is normal I think.

Aside from these little spots, there’s also some tiny little white specs even further down into my throat, but they’re really hard see because of how far down they are and I can’t really make them out. I’m concerned they’re related to the above two spots.

When I was at Uni three years ago, I once used a bong incorrectly. The smoke didn’t cool in the water, so I took in a ton of really hot smoke and it was incredibly painful for about five minuets after. I’m worried that this occurrence may have permanently de-natured the skin and caused these things I describe, and that in the future, they could turn cancerous.

It may be the case that it’s just normal anatomy, but I have no point of reference, and I cannot research it online for fear where that will lead in exasperating my anxiety.

Is it possible I have the precursors to throat cancer from that hot bong inhalation, do you think?

Many thanks.

Uh no, thats not how it works. My dad has throat cancer, there are not precursors to throat cancer unless you smoked for years or worked around chemicals like my dad did for years.

NoraB
26-05-21, 07:51

You could go and see your GP and let him/her make you say AHHHHHHH? :shrug: You might be a bit too old for the lollypop though. I had recurrent tonsillitis as a child, so lots of lollypops!

Cancer grows, so it's a good sign that your 'spots' are not getting any bigger. But the HA mind must feed, so now it's making you worry about the possibility of whatever they are becoming cancerous?

It's plan B but one that your HA can basically run with forever, if you allow it to.

I know somebody who had this HA issue. He did the throat gymnastics/torch thing too. No idea what the 'spots' were (I couldn't see anything) but that was 29 years ago and he's still here, cancer free.