PDA

View Full Version : Floating diarrhea

chinadoll19
26-05-21, 03:07
Just got over one fear and now there something else to panic about, and I am really terrified at the moment and can't sleep.

I had floating stools late last year and saw the doctor. She examined me and said everything felt normal. I had blood tests which were normal, a stool test for blood which was clear and a stool test for calprotectin which was borderline. I have posted about this a while ago. I was asked to do another calprotectin test and waited ages for the result. The surgery kept saying it wasn't back. Eventually they said it had got contaminated (not my fault) and they couldn't do the test and I had to do another sample. I was about to do this when I became ill with a fever (I have also posted about this) I don't know if it was a virus or side effect of my 2nd covid jab. I didn't do the test as it seems it would affect the result. I have now recovered from whatever it was, but can't do the test as my son is away for 2 weeks and I need him to take it in as I'm not confident going on public transport yet owing to my age and covid.

I was just feeling much better and calmer but the floating stools came back a few days ago, I haven't had them for 5 months. Floating for 3 days, normal for one day, floating another two days then normal today. What has sent me into a real panic tonight, I suddenly got gripey pains and diarrhea. Not water but mush. I wouldn't have been too worried I haven't had diarrhea for ages, but this time all this mush (sorry gross) was floating on top of the water. When I've been like this in the past it has always been on the bottom of the toilet bowel. I've never ever had floating diarrhea.

I don't feel I can contact the doctor until I have done the stool test.

Has anyone had floating diarrhea? Does anyone think it is possible to have this and it not be anything too serious? I am feeling desperate again and have no one to talk to.

Punky789
26-05-21, 04:54
I'm so sorry you are feeling so desperate. I completely understand. I think first off, the fact that these changes come and go is a good thing! Second, I know my tummy does all kinds of horrible things when my anxiety is high. My doctor has said I should only check my stool once a week, not every day. I try to stick to that but I know it can be difficult.

Now, how has your diet been? I know this past week I have been hitting up the UberEats a bit too often and neither my wasitline nor my guts are thanking me for it! Low fibre and gas causing foods can absolutely cause these types of issues. Diet, stress, and anxiety would be the biggest contributors, I think. They always are for me!

Take a deep breath. You are not alone!

NoraB
26-05-21, 08:00
Has anyone had floating diarrhea? Does anyone think it is possible to have this and it not be anything too serious? I am feeling desperate again and have no one to talk to.

If you could see the kind of shenanigans my colon has got up to over the last ten years - you'd feel quite normal. :yesyes:

The most likely cause is gas in the stool.

Apples, pears, peaches, prunes
Artificial sweeteners
Asparagus, artichokes, brussels sprouts, broccoli, onions
Beans
Fruit juices
Honey
Sodas and soft drinks
Sugar-free sweets and chewing gum

Have you been eating any of these lately?

chinadoll19
27-05-21, 08:27
Thank you for your replies. I managed to speak to a nurse today who gave me quite a bit of reassurance. She said as my blood tests were normal and Fit stool test was negative, it is all good signs. She wasn't concerned about any floating stools and thought a lot of it was anxiety, which I have plenty of. She said to do the calprotectin test when I can but didn't think it was urgent. This calmed me down quite a bit, I had a normal stool in the day yesterday, but then late at night again I got the gripey pains and more diarrhea,twice,this mushy stuff again, but the first time it didn't float and sat on the bottom of the toilet bowl as it has in the past, the second time a lot on the bottom of the bowl with cloudy water and some floating. What is worrying me now is this going to go on and on now, normal stool then later diarrhea, the odd bout is OK but if it becomes every day it could mean something horrible,so back to panicking, I thought the other night was a one off and now its not. Until now I've not had diarrhea for ages so why now?

More weight come off now. I can't take anti-diarrhea medications as I am allergic to them.

Is it bad to have regular diarrhea?

pulisa
27-05-21, 08:38
So what does "something horrible" mean when your FIT test was normal as were your bloods?

I would just do the calprotectin test and see what that says? Do you have an IBS diagnosis?

NoraB
27-05-21, 08:59
More weight come off now. I can't take anti-diarrhea medications

Then firm your stools up via your diet. Avoid dairy, foods high in acid, and processed foods.

You haven't answered my question, I notice? My son almost ended up in A&E after eating sugar free sweets once. Griping tummy pains, and what came out of his bottom eventually? Blimey! It was like a massive cowpat! :ohmy: You need to be going through what you ingest with a fine tooth comb in order to help yourself CD!

Do you eat dairy? You say your BMs are ok in the day but not at night? Do you have a milky drink in the evening? Dairy plays havoc with our digestive systems and most older people have problems with it. I don't do dairy anymore for that reason, but if I rebel and have a cheeky 99 ice-cream - damn, my colon doesn't know what's hit it!:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Your tests are all negative. There is no urgency for you to re-do the test. You are fretting so you will continue to lose weight. Time to get proactive and help yourself CD!

chinadoll19
27-05-21, 17:37
I have looked at your list, the only thing on there I have eaten in the last few days is apple pie, but I often do have that. I never have artificial sweetners as I have been allergic to them for years ( I do have a lot of allergies, some with medicines, some with food, a big one for me is soya, it makes me quite ill so I check everything for it)

. I do have a milky drink at night, have done for many years. However I do have milk in the day too. The diarrhea is only the last two nights, but I fear it will keep happening now. I have lost more weight again, logic says it is because I am anxious, I didn't eat a lot yesterday, no dinner I couldn't face it, so I just had toast, also the diarrhea would do it, but the other side of my brain says cancer, especially PC. It says to me, floating stools, that has progressed to diarrhea is pointing that way.

Pulsa, I mostly don't think it is colon cancer owing to the tests, but PC is another matter.

I will say what doesn't help is that I have lost three husbands to cancer, the last one 18 months ago, and have seen a lot. It was all horrible.

I live alone with my thoughts, I do appreciate everyone's replies, and it does help if only for a while.

pulisa
27-05-21, 17:53
Your terror of cancer is completely understandable..You've been through repeated ordeals and must have experienced no end of trauma which still stays with you and torments you. Have you ever been offered any psychological help?

chinadoll19
27-05-21, 18:49
After the second one died my doctor arranged for me to see a counsellor which did help. About three weeks after the last one died we went into lockdown, which was unfortunate as I was then left alone and locked up. The doctor who arranged the counselling had known me and my anxieties for many years. He left the practice last year and we have new doctors who don't really know me. The one arranging the present tests is very nice but being new I don't think she knows how I am. I do try to keep positive but when these symptoms arise it all goes to pot.

NoraB
28-05-21, 09:11
. I do have a milky drink at night, have done for many years. However I do have milk in the day too.

I'm presuming you have a bit in your tea/coffee though, not a mug of the stuff and at night when your digestion has to work a lot harder? Try leaving the milk out or replace it with non-dairy and see how you go? Try lactose free to start with? This could be the cause (or considerable contributor) of your problem as milk is one of the hardest things for a human to digest - which is why so many people have problems with it. I never used to have issues with milk, but now I do - and how! :ohmy:

I didn't eat a lot yesterday, no dinner I couldn't face it, so I just had toast, also the diarrhea would do it, but the other side of my brain says cancer, especially PC. It says to me, floating stools, that has progressed to diarrhea is pointing that way.

I'd presume you're not eating a lot full stop? Many of us don't feel hungry when we are scared (fight or flight response) therefore weight loss is a cert.

I will say what doesn't help is that I have lost three husbands to cancer, the last one 18 months ago, and have seen a lot. It was all horrible.

I'm so sorry to hear this CD, that must have been horrendous for you to go through but I think this is almost certainly where your HA is coming from. Did one of them have PC?

I live alone with my thoughts, I do appreciate everyone's replies, and it does help if only for a while.

I live with two people CD (and a psychotic lurcher), but believe me, I'm also very much alone with my thoughts as to share them would probably get me sectioned. :scared15:

Having people around can help, for sure, especially with practical support, but emotional support only really helps when people understand what you're experiencing. What matters more is the decision that we make to do something about our situation, and only we can make that choice.

Nothing you've said makes me buy into you having cancer. I see obvious anxiety and IBS and nothing that I haven't had myself, and I don't have cancer.

You have my heartfelt sympathy and empathy, but this is a situation that you can gain control of - no matter how old you are. It's not going to be easy, but then those things which are worth doing seldom are. X

chinadoll19
31-05-21, 19:34
My husbands had different cancers. The first one had prostate cancer (well I can't get that one), the second thought he had PC but in the end it turned out to be cancer of the bile duct. Not that common, they thought it was caused by his job as an industrial chemist, several colleages died of the same thing. In the days he was working there wasn't much health and safety and he said they worked in a chemical soup. The third one had bladder cancer, they were treating it and he was doing well, then they discovered prostate cancer and weren't sure which came first. He ended up with lung cancer and that killed him. (never smoked in his life).

I've had a few good days stools normal but a little knobbly, I thought that might be the after effect of the diarrhea, and didn't worry, but today I had the same and 30 minutes later diarrhea. Now I'm thinking the knobbly stools were constipation and then followed by diarrhea is alternating that means the worst. I was diagnosed with IBS 30 odd years ago, but that was mainly terrible stomach cramps which have been better in later years.

My son is back and I am going to do the stool test, but am feeling no hope again.

Anyone had alternating constipation and diarrhea and its only been IBS or something.

NoraB
01-06-21, 07:55
I've had a few good days stools normal but a little knobbly

Have you stopped eating dairy yet?

My son is back and I am going to do the stool test, but am feeling no hope again.

That's purely down to your own thinking CD. There's no proof re cancer. There is no urgency with you doing the second test.

Anyone had alternating constipation and diarrhea and its only been IBS or something.

Yes, me!

lobbie
02-06-21, 09:38
Hi CD. I just wanted to say I've also had alternating constipation and diarrhea many many times. I tend to have constipation for 3-4 days (where there's just small hard pellets) followed by a day where I get to go several times and it's really loose.

I think that's really common with IBS and nothing you have to worry too much about.

chinadoll19
04-06-21, 01:20
Thank you for your replies, it does help. Now I have another problem I am findimg very difficult to cope with. My BMs have been fairly normal the last three days but i have constant wind. The thing that is frightening me is all day for the last few days I have a feeling of horrible pressure in my bottom, I keep passing wind but it doesn't relieve it, it is not a pain but bad pressure and its driving me mad in itself and the thought of what it is. I have had this feeling in the past but not as bad as this or as constant. Also when I eat anything at all my bowels get very disturbed, then it settles to wind and this pressure. Also when I go to the toilet my anus feels sore. I feel it is something sinister going on. Also I am worried my calprotectin levels will be up if I am sore and getting these symptoms. Still got to do the test when I have the courage. I wasn't so worried when I did the sample before which they couldn't use.

I know I shouldn't google but alll these things are bad news as usual according to the internet.

I am such a mess of a person. Anyone had the constant pressure?

pulisa
04-06-21, 08:19
Oh yes..All part of IBS for me. Confirmed by a gastroenterologist.

NoraB
04-06-21, 09:11
I am such a mess of a person. Anyone had the constant pressure?

Yes, me.

Re wind - go through your diet with a fine toothcomb and look at literally everything you ingest including vitamin supplements and see if there are any gas causing foods. This could also be an anxiety symptom of taking in too much air..

I get pressure in my bum from my Farmer Giles - which get aggravated when I have constipation and also when my BMs are loose. Also, and weirdly, when I do pelvic floor exercises!

pulisa
04-06-21, 14:14
Yes it's all connected to pelvic floor muscle tension.

chinadoll19
04-06-21, 19:30
Thank you all for your replies, it helps to know others have had the same symptoms. Today I had the pressure earlier on but after going to toilet it is feeling better in that way so far. However when I went to the toilet my anus felt extremely sore again as it came out. Stool was fairly normal looking, did float but not greasy or anything. Colour OK. Now my thoughts are does this sore anus mean I have inflammation all through my bowels, which scares me, or is it just local. I have had the sore bottom for about four days, didn't have it before. A few months ago when I saw the doctor about the floating stools etc. she examined me and said everything felt normal, she also did a DRE which she said was fine, so I couldn't have had anything local then, but I suppose anything could have happened since. Still got to do the stool sample, no good near the weekend, if I've got inflammation somewhere my calprotectin levels will be high and I am afraid of that. I spoke to a nurse today who could hardly be bothered to listen to me, she was quite dismissive and said she couldn't tell me much, I would have to wait until I get the results of the stool sample and then speak to the doctor. That could be weeks if last time is anything to go by. When I spoke to a different nurse last week she was kind and seemed to understand my anxiety.

Again may I ask if anyone has had a sore bottom?

Fishmanpa
04-06-21, 21:05
Again may I ask if anyone has had a sore bottom?

I was a bad boy and got spanked a few times :whistles: Seriously though... Since my cancer treatment 8 years ago, my bowels and stool have been all over the place. I take a stool softener and a dose of Miralax daily and I vary between constipation and the runs within days. It is what it is :shrug: I eat healthy but it really doesn't make that much of a difference. So yeah, I would be pretty safe to assume, especially in light of real physical and anxiety related symptoms, hemmies and fissures, that most here have had a sore bottom from time to time.

I know that's won't reassure you but it's fact :shrug:

FMP

NoraB
05-06-21, 09:01
Now my thoughts are does this sore anus mean I have inflammation all through my bowels, which scares me, or is it just local.

Why would you think that? If I have a sore finger, I don't presume I have a problem with the entire arm?

Given your age CD, there's something else to consider and that's vaginal/vulva atrophy - which can also affect the anus and surrounding area. Put it this way; the episiotomy I had in the 80s has come back to haunt me BIG TIME!! It's hormonal - lack of oestrogen issue. Do you have it? Because we're usually only informed that we have it (not all women do) but that's it aside being offered drugs to help with symptoms...

Or, there could be a little cut (fissure) which is common. I had this issue a few months ago after a tricky poo - it took a few weeks to heal but my anus was v sore!

NoraB
05-06-21, 09:02
I was a bad boy and got spanked a few times :whistles:

FMP

School or the wife? :yesyes:

chinadoll19
07-06-21, 20:09
I am now worried about pain. The pressure in my bottom has gone though it is still very sore, inside and out. I've had a slight pain all the way down the left side of my abdomen for about a week, I didn't think much of it because it felt like a pulled muscle as it hurt when I bent or moved. Today though it is there all the time. It also felt bad when I went to the toilet. Stools fairly normal. I also have small slight pains dotted about my abdomen. What causes panic is the thought of inflammation in the bowels, I keep thinking if my bottom is sore all the way up which it is it must be inflammed everywhere.

Pains in this area are not exactly new for me. When I was diagnosed with IBS 30 odd years ago, the main symptom was horrible pains as my bowel went into spasm. I used to take buscopan if the pains were really, really bad, but I can't have that now I have glaucoma.My doctor says I mustn't take it or any anti-spasmodics as they all contain something that makes glaucoma much worse. I don't usually get the pains in recent years anyway till now.

I've never thought I had any inflammation as I was told I didn't. Since the calprotectin results were borderline that has obsessed me. I told myself I didn't have the symptoms but now I think I have. I intend to do the sample tomorrow but feel sure with how I feel the levels will be up.

Its all I can think about I am struggling to concentrate on anything else. Any thoughts anyone?

chinadoll19
07-06-21, 20:20
Hi NoraB, I've just been thinking, when the second husband died I had vaginal bleeding which was after the menopause, and had several tests. They said it was hormonal and they saw quite a few women with the same problem caused by hormonal upset after a bereavement. They did mention vaginal atrophy.

*anxious_mari*
10-06-21, 01:48
I’ve definitely had floating diarrhea before. Actually have had it sporadically in my lifetime but never thought anything of it until I developed HA a year ago. I just always thought that’s what diarrhea is supposed to look like, honestly. I am actually having a bout of that today. I’m pretty sure it’s diet related, as it doesn’t happen everyday. I just can never figure out the culprit because my diet is different everyday and I really haven’t put much effort in eliminating things as much as I’d like to. I haven’t been diagnosed with anything because I haven’t brought it up to my doctors yet. Let me know what yours thinks about it. In the meantime, I usually just let it pass on it’s own, eat the BRAT DIET, and lots of heat on the belly.

NoraB
10-06-21, 07:18
Hi NoraB, I've just been thinking, when the second husband died I had vaginal bleeding which was after the menopause, and had several tests. They said it was hormonal and they saw quite a few women with the same problem caused by hormonal upset after a bereavement. They did mention vaginal atrophy.

Yeah, I had a post-meno bleed and I had tests etc but it wasn't anything to worry about. Incidentally, it was after my mum died..

NoraB
10-06-21, 07:34
I am now worried about pain. The pressure in my bottom has gone though it is still very sore, inside and out. I've had a slight pain all the way down the left side of my abdomen for about a week, I didn't think much of it because it felt like a pulled muscle as it hurt when I bent or moved. Today though it is there all the time. It also felt bad when I went to the toilet. Stools fairly normal. I also have small slight pains dotted about my abdomen. What causes panic is the thought of inflammation in the bowels, I keep thinking if my bottom is sore all the way up which it is it must be inflammed everywhere.

Pains in this area are not exactly new for me. When I was diagnosed with IBS 30 odd years ago, the main symptom was horrible pains as my bowel went into spasm. I used to take buscopan if the pains were really, really bad, but I can't have that now I have glaucoma.My doctor says I mustn't take it or any anti-spasmodics as they all contain something that makes glaucoma much worse. I don't usually get the pains in recent years anyway till now.

I've never thought I had any inflammation as I was told I didn't. Since the calprotectin results were borderline that has obsessed me. I told myself I didn't have the symptoms but now I think I have. I intend to do the sample tomorrow but feel sure with how I feel the levels will be up.

Its all I can think about I am struggling to concentrate on anything else. Any thoughts anyone?

Sorry if I've asked this before (my memory is getting crap) but do you eat gluten? Only I've found a direct link between gluten (also dairy) and my IBS symptoms. Whenever I rebel - because I'm pig sick of eating that God awful GF bread - my colon goes berserk. Like now, because last week I caved and ate lovely baps for a couple of days. It was bliss going down but OMG I'm paying for it now! Pain in the right side of my colon, bloating, cramps, and my toilet doesn't know what's hit it. Sore botty time! :weep: GF tastes like cardboard but at least I'm pain free when I'm off the gluten.

Problem is, that I've been tested for celiac - an allergy to wheat - and that was clear, but what a lot of people don't realise is that you can have sensitivities to certain foods which cause a lot of GI symptoms and inflammation. The clue is in the word - glu(e)ten - it's hard to digest, especially as we get older and a lot of older people have issues with gluten and dairy.

Given that you can't take the anti-spasmodic (I'm sensitive to those too) buy yourself a heatpad (plug in) and alternate between your tummy and your back. The heat really helps mine.

RE your sore botty: the more you worry, the more stress hormones your body will release which will DIRECTLY affect your digestive system in general..

A borderline Calprotectin test is nowt to worry about. You could find that the next test is much lower as lots of things can affect the test result. For issues like IBD - you'd need to be seeing results in the high hundreds and thousands. Borderline (to me) suggests something something minor like an irritated gut lining or OTC meds..

If you can manage to calm down and relax a bit, you will find that the symptoms ease up. I can't 'stress' enough how much anxiety affects the gut and the bowels CD.

chinadoll19
15-06-21, 16:55
Hi 'anxious man' its always comforting to know others have experienced these symptoms though I don't wish any of this on anybody. I have managed to speak to a nurse and she said it is not unusual for diarrhea to float. Hope this helps.

chinadoll19
15-06-21, 17:13
Thank you everyone for your recent replies. I have had the odd calmer days, but am still in a state especially about my bowels. I think I'm obsessed. I did have a day on Saturday where my eyes were blurred all day, couldn't read as it was all out of focus and TV blurry. It worries me with having the glaucoma and not having been seen at the hospital for 2 years, owning to the pandemic, when I normally have a check-up every 6 months. However my eyes were back to normal the next day.

I had a very bad time earlier. I woke up in the early hours and turned over and was violently dizzy the room was spinning round. I sat up still spinning, struggled to the bathroom for the toilet, still spinning. Eventually went back to sleep and it was all gone when I woke up. I have had this in the past about 12 years ago, the doctor called it bi-directional vertigo. I have not had it for a few years thank goodness until today. My daughter also gets it. It is horrible. I am on edge today now in case it comes back, I don't know what causes it. There may be people on these forums with it I suspect. It could be related to anxiety I suppose but is very difficult to cope with.

The other thing is my bowels again. Yesterday it was normal looking but was floating. Today it didn't float but was several pieces all different. The main one was the weird one again. bent shape with one half flat. It burnt as it came out and my bottom was very sore, I had bad acid last night and think that may cause that. I really don't know how not to worry about these bent stools. I am still waiting for the calprotectin results and feel with these weird stools it will be high.

pulisa
15-06-21, 17:31
I think you're obsessed with your bowels, chinadoll.

I get the vertigo episodes too which last for a few hours. They pass though and it's best to just carry on because they aren't clinically significant.

NoraB
16-06-21, 09:47
The other thing is my bowels again. Yesterday it was normal looking but was floating. Today it didn't float but was several pieces all different. The main one was the weird one again. bent shape with one half flat. It burnt as it came out and my bottom was very sore, I had bad acid last night and think that may cause that. I really don't know how not to worry about these bent stools. I am still waiting for the calprotectin results and feel with these weird stools it will be high.

CD, long gone are the days where lovely sausage-shaped turds plopped down from my @rse. :huh:

These days, I get all sorts from rabbit-like droppings to cowpats with everything in-between! (I don't have cancer)

Have you ever seen Home Alone? There's a scene where the delightful 'Kevin' is obviously fed up of being terrorised by the 'scary' furnace monster in the basement, so this time instead of running away from the scary monster screaming and waving his hands in the air - he simply tells it to 'Shut up' and suddenly it's not a monster anymore. It is what it is; a very un-scary furnace.

Next time you go for a poo, wipe ya bum, flush, and tell your HA gremlin to shut up. :shades:

Fishmanpa
16-06-21, 12:20
Poop floats and it sinks
It's different colors and it stinks.
It can be hard or soft like mush
Do your business and just flush!

FMP

pulisa
16-06-21, 13:52
Just flush and go..Don't delve amongst your detritus.

Scass
16-06-21, 19:49
Just flush and go..Don't delve amongst your detritus.

Do you have that slogan on a T-shirt?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulisa
17-06-21, 08:15
Do you have that slogan on a T-shirt?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I did it would be a "home" T-shirt!:D My daughter does have a "Urinetown" T-shirt from the West End musical though!

NoraB
17-06-21, 08:21
Alexa is reminding me that, based on my order history, it's time to order some more bog roll. :roflmao:

Living the dream!

Catkins
17-06-21, 13:49
Bloody hell - Alexa can do that? These new fangled thingamejigs are so clever!

NoraB
18-06-21, 09:06
Bloody hell - Alexa can do that? These new fangled thingamejigs are so clever!

Yes, and I haven't programmed it in any way. Alexa just announced that it's time for me to buy some more bog roll - which now has me concerned that my regular purchases of 'menopausal vagina' paraphernalia via Amazon will be announced while we're tucking into a Friday night kebab? :ohmy:

"Nora, it's time for you to order some more vag cream!" :roflmao:

Catkins
19-06-21, 08:10
🤣

chinadoll19
24-06-21, 18:31
I have started a new thread as the other one has gone off topic. I am waiting for the results of a calprotectin stool test. My first one was borderline the doctor didn't give me the numbers so I don't know exactly what it was. I've had to do another one. I did one which got contaminated at the lab so have had to do another one. That was over 2 weeks ago and the results are not back yet.The receptionist said today that the hospitals are a mess and results are taking a long time. All this waiting is driving me crazy while I am worrying about my symptoms.

I have tried to be more positive over my bowel issues. I mentioned before I had blood tests that were fine, and a Fit test that was clear. Apart from the weird shapes that worry me my bowels have been fairly good for 3 weeks, however 2 days ago I had what felt like diarrhea but was actually very loose stools that were floating. They were formed but very very soft. Yesterday they were normal, today very loose again but not floating this time. Also now for the past week I have bladder frequency. I keep having to wee and it is urgent. In my HA mind all this is connected and I keep thinking I have cancer of the bowel which has spread to my bladder now. So I have high anxiety and panic. As far as the test was concerned I didn't have diarrhea when I did the original test, but I do have it now on and off. I am afraid it will have gone up. She did the test because I told her about the floating stools I was having frequently, I only have them occasionally now.

I have had the bladder frequency in the past but it always only lasted a couple of days. It doesn't burn or sting and the colour looks good and clear it is just frequent.

Has anyone had loose stools and bladder freqency at the same time and could it be all be anxiety.

My doctor said she would talk to me when the results are back but that's looking like a long time, meanwhile I just never relax with all this on my mind.

Scaredtoo
24-06-21, 19:22
Yes yes yes. I had this horribly about two years ago. Convinced I had some dreaded disease. All my stool tests came back fine. I did end up having hpylori and got an endoscopy done to make sure I didn’t have any stomach lining issues.

Anxiety is a beast. Whenever I’m anxious I pee constantly. All the time. My gastro has told me it affects the gut more than anybody realizes. And can create havoc within your system.

I know how awful waiting is. Praying for fast answers.

venusbluejeans
24-06-21, 23:22
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

NoraB
25-06-21, 09:23
I have started a new thread as the other one has gone off topic.

Come on CD, a few of us were just trying to lighten your load with some humour. Bums and vagina's - hardly off topic for somebody who is on about her bowels and bladder is it? :shrug:

More likely is that you're trying to seek reassurance from different people, and if so, you'd certainly not be the first to do that on here, but all such threads will be merged because there's no point in clogging up the forum with numerous threads of the same questions by the same user.

I think that you're only interested in seeking reassurance with no apparent intention to help yourself - which is why you're here again saying the same things all over again. Nothing anybody has said (that's of practical use) has made any difference whatsoever, has it?

I had severe HA and I got myself better by being proactive. There's really no other way - not long-term anyway. And when I had my breakdown, I wanted to hear from people who'd had severe HA and got better. I wasn't interested in the 'there there' approach. I wanted to know what I had to do to get myself better, you know? 'Yeah, me too' only gives short-term comfort because the HA mind is too convincing and soon comes back with the 'Yes, buts' or a new symptom that we've never had before. We do not understand that it's 'us' creating these symptoms, and not some disease.

Scary (and irrational) thoughts = stress response = stress hormones (especially adrenalin, cortisol, norepinephrine) = symptoms (normal stress response, but which we do not understand) = fear & imaginary diseases which are always terminal.

For what it's worth...

I've had bladder frequency all week. Why? Because my anxiety is high. Because my system is in fight or flight and thinks it needs to purge. The thought of bladder cancer never entered my head. It would have done a few years ago, until I pulled out all the stops to get myself better, and this is the result: I have a symptom but no fear because I understand anxiety and the stress response. More importantly, what I need to do to bring things back under control.

As long as your anxiety is high, you will keep feeling the urge to pee. This is your body acting NORMALLY to your IRRATIONAL thoughts. IT'S BASIC FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONSE.

Severe anxiety is very unpleasant, and I can empathise till the cows come home, but that won't help you out of the hole you're in. There will be folk on here who will be able to offer you the short-term comfort you're after, but I'm not one of them. I want you to be able to control your HA, or better, kick it to the gutter. Only one way to do that, and that's to be proactive.

Respectfully, you need to get your head out of the toilet and into therapy, CD. I have sympathy for you RE your husbands, and it's totally understandable why you've developed HA but this is your story, not theirs - and unlike them, you don't have cancer. There's nothing to suggest that you do. What's clear to me is that you're getting older (and so is your digestive system) we can't eat stuff we used to eat without issues anymore - but those issues are easily remedied by a dietary overall.

Most importantly, you have a mental health disorder which you can recover from if you put the work in..

Anyway, the pattern seems to be that you will thank me for my reply. Or not bother. Then it will be back to the symptoms...

chinadoll19
07-07-21, 20:38
I've had some good news today. The doctor rang and said my results had come through at last. She said they tested for issues with the pancreas, which I didn't know, and that was normal, the calprotectin level was back to within the normal range and she was happy with all that. No further tests. I had already calmed down the last week and things were better even started to put a little bit of weight back on, only a bit but its a start. Thank you all for talking to me through this.

pulisa
07-07-21, 21:07
Very good and reassuring news. I hope you can move on from this now.

NoraB
08-07-21, 08:35
I've had some good news today. The doctor rang and said my results had come through at last. She said they tested for issues with the pancreas, which I didn't know, and that was normal, the calprotectin level was back to within the normal range and she was happy with all that. No further tests. I had already calmed down the last week and things were better even started to put a little bit of weight back on, only a bit but its a start. Thank you all for talking to me through this.

Excellent news!

When the next anxiety symptom comes, try and remember how convincing HA is, and how you TOTALLY bought into the lies your mind was telling you.

I really hope this will kick-start you into being proactive about your health anxiety CD? Now is not the time to rest on the old laurels, as it were. Work to do! X

chinadoll19
04-08-21, 05:21
I have been doing well until last Friday when I had the most terrible stomach pains and diarrhea. Since then I have been having severe diarrhea through the day and night and feeling ill. It's not getting any better in fact if anything its worse and it is now 6 days of it. I spoke to the doctor a few days ago he thought it was a stomach bug, I did think that but its going on so long and it's one of the worst I've had mostly they last 2 or 3 days at the most. The doctor said it could last 2 weeks, but I don't know how to stand another week of this with the pain and diarrhea, a couple of times I've not made it to toilet in time. Whenever I eat anything, its pain and diarrhea and I'm eating very little, mainly toast. I'm drinking water and have those electrolyte sachets. The diarrhea is now yellow and has a lot of flecks in it which is worrying me. I'm hardly getting any sleep with it, I didn't go to bed at all the night before last, just dosed on the settee as I was in so much pain with it and had to keep going to the toilet. Also I have to do a covid test as it can be a symptom or the only symptom of covid. I keep thinking it could be that as I've never had a bug like this.

I went out socially for the first time in 18 months twice in the last 2 weeks, no one wore masks I would myself but you can't eat with a mask on of course. I'm convinced if it is a bug of some sort then that's where I caught it, I wish I hadn't gone out now.

Has anyone had a stomach bug anything like this and that has lasted a couple of weeks also with lots of flecks in it?

NoraB
04-08-21, 07:16
Has anyone had a stomach bug anything like this and that has lasted a couple of weeks also with lots of flecks in it?

Norovirus is doing the rounds and I'd imagine that people who have IBS are going to suffer longer than most...