PDA

View Full Version : Mottled Legs & Intermittent Aches

This too shall pass
26-05-21, 10:17
SO I've been fine now for so long but my HA has taken a massive nose dive.

I've noticed the odd ache in my leg (specifically my right leg) for the last few weeks. Started with a pain behind my right knee that hurt to press and the odd twinge in places. Today I woke up with an ache in my right thigh and on looking, my legs are actually quite red and mottled in places (they seemed to get better when I moisturized but they're back to how they were now. Thing is, I can't even remember if they've been like this before. Perhaps they have. It's easy to forget the last time something happened when anxiety is at it's height.

Worried about DVT but I guess it could just be circulation?

Any one else had this?

I've got a call back from the Doctor today but I'm doing the usually panicking that I'll be called in for tests :weep:

Jess5566
26-05-21, 22:07
Hi, hopefully I can calm your thoughts abit!:)

when I first got health anxiety 6 years ago my fear was blood clots in my legs, and I had all the symptoms, I ended up in hospital every night panicking, having ultrasounds, blood thinners, blood tests, CT scans etc... but nothing was ever wrong but my legs would ache so bad.

I then started therapy which actually really helped me with the fear of blood clots, and since I finally got over thinking I had a clot I don’t really get the pains no more. If I do I just ignore it and it doesn’t concern me anymore, and actually my legs are always patchy red, and sometime purple if I stand for too long or even in the shower my legs and feet go purple. I wouldn’t worry, but I do know how your feeling!:)

All the best x

This too shall pass
27-05-21, 08:46
Thank you so much. That does make me feel a bit better.

I've self referred myself for CBT so hopefully I can kick anxiety in his stupid face. It's been going on way too long.

This too shall pass
27-05-21, 16:19
Were your feet purple/red when sitting down for ages and then they cleared up when you walked around or elevated them? Having a really panicky day :(

Seeing the Doctor first thing tomorrow and so worried about what they'll say

Jess5566
29-05-21, 15:47
Yes they do that all the time!, I’ve always had that with my legs for as long as I can remember, please try and not panic over it, easier said than done I know trust me, but you’re most likely fine and nothing is wrong, hope the doctors went well for you x

This too shall pass
29-05-21, 16:29
Thank you. She did a D dimmer which came back negative, so that's good. Now I'm worried about artery disease (Jesus, it never ends does it!). Still have an ache in my thigh etc. My other half swears it's because of my office chair (I work from home due to bloody covid). Anxiety never lets you see it that way though, does it. Always catastrophizing!

Jess5566
29-05-21, 19:20
That’s great news!
I completely understand how you feel!, it truly is the worst thing!, I was standing for a long time before and noticed my leg all blotchy red and purple, it made me think of you and this thread straight away! but like I said completely normal for me.
it could be down to that but also I know that when I was having pain every day in calf’s and thighs sometimes unbearable and when I stopped worrying it went I now see that it’s very likely the pain wasn’t a true pain and it was just something my anxiety wanted me to focus and worry on. Honestly you’ll be fine and this fear will pass:)