PDA

View Full Version : Focusing Issues

Carnation
26-05-21, 18:07
I'm not sure how to describe this, but I woke in the middle of the night and when I focused on something in the room my eyesight wandered away and each time I tried to look at a particular object my eyesight drifted to the right. I could still see the object in the distance but it was like my eye line wanted to come away from it. I closed my eyes for a few moments and then it was fine. I wasn't dizzy or lightheaded and could walk to the bathroom with no problems. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know what it is?

Speranza
26-05-21, 19:29
Could be anxiety/fatigue. I'm not a doctor though.

Carnation
26-05-21, 19:36
Thank you for replying Sperenza x

Carnation
27-05-21, 20:38
I can't stop thinking about what happened :weep:

Catkins
27-05-21, 20:47
It probably was just fatigue/anxiety. I feel like my eyesight is really off at the moment. I'm wearing my glasses a lot more, but I've also been on my phone a lot more than normal reading stuff.

Carnation
27-05-21, 20:57
Thanks Catkins. It's so frustrating trying to forget a scary experience. I appreciate your reply. x

Catkins
27-05-21, 21:01
🤗

Fishmanpa
27-05-21, 22:32
Carnation, when we're half asleep, many strange normal visual anomalies happen. Especially in a dark room.

FMP

Carnation
27-05-21, 22:36
I appreciate being reminded of that fact FMP.
My brain has certainly been running away with all sorts of fears of why it happened.

ankietyjoe
29-05-21, 15:42
You can also have vision issues because of pressure on the eyes when you're asleep. I found this out to my horror one night several years ago when I wore an eye mask that was a little too tight and I was effectively blind for 20 minutes or so when I woke up. Everything was completely out of focus and I had to wait for my eyeballs to go back to shape. I experience it to a lesser extent if I'm laying down and looking at my phone or laptop screen. When I look straight ahead again, my vision is off.

On top of that (as others have said), anxiety and stress really can affect your vision too.

Carnation
30-05-21, 12:57
That sounds awful Joe. You must have been quite freaked out. Thank you for your reply. It's an incident that happened that my brain wants to work out. It's quite possible I had been putting pressure on my eye when sleeping and needed time to adjust like your incident.
Weird. Never had it before. And like others have already said, it was the middle of the night and half asleep.