PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic heartbeats

loopy loo
10-11-07, 22:17
Hi,
I have been suffering from constant ectopic heartbeats now for almost 4 months. I have had ecg's and a echo which are all normal, although the doctors say that i am having alot of them, but they are still unconcerned. I have taken amitriptyline for almost 3 years now and one of the side effects can be an irregular heart beat. I only take a tiny dose of 10mg so the docs don't think this is causing it. I stopped for a month and the ectopics got worse. Can anyone tell me, if they have ever been on this medication and had this problem because of it? Also, i have them so bad that i feel i will faint sometimes....as i have a fear of fainting this is making me really anxious and spoiling my life. My doctor is unsympathetic to how this is affecting me. Can anyone shed any light on the meds or fainting thing? Sorry to be so gloomy, just soooo scared and worried.
Thanks.
Loopy loo x:winks:

kestral
11-11-07, 10:00
hi, im new on here. ive been reading some of the posts on irregular heartbeats. i take medication for blood pressure. one of the tablets is a beater blocker to control the condition of irregular h/beats. i find i get these beats when my wife and i make love and wondered if this is something others are affected with. i can also get them when i feel annoyed or emotional as well as walking or working physically.

TracyL
12-11-07, 00:34
Hi Loopy Loo

I too have had them constantly for like 8 weeks nearly. They are driving me to distraction. I take Inderal 40mg twice a day. They don't really help much and I was told I can take an extra tablet per day if i like but I havn't. I have also had 24 hour halter monitor, ECG and Echo. Still waiting on results of the echo but mine ectopics or irregular beats can be really bad at night or when resting. I hate them.

Keep smiling and know that you're not alone.

hugs
Tracy

Lexi
14-11-07, 14:02
i totally sympathise ive had them for 2years now and have had echo, 24hr tape and loads of ecgs, they hate them, control me life and drive me insane, i dont even want to think of the amount of stuff i've put of doing cos of them! your not alone! xxx

Lexi
14-11-07, 14:03
oh yeah i also have felt faint with them many times, i just have to put faith in the cardiologist who laughed when i asked if i could drop dead with these....xx

Lilolil
14-11-07, 16:37
Hi

I have had ectopics for the last 18 months. I did go through a period where i only had a couple a day, but they came back constantly all day. I have had all the blood tests, a couple of ecg's, a 24 hr tape. I had a heart scan last Wed and am due to see my cardiologist on Friday.

I have been on Beta Blockers before but they made me very sick.

Like all of us that have them i have been told that they are not dangerous, and that everyone has them at some point in their lives, it's just that we have started to feel them....wish we didn't.

I cope well with them most days, but i do have my panicky moments.

Try not to worry (easier said than done i know) you are not alone.

x

loopy loo
17-11-07, 23:09
Thanks for your replies.....can anyone tell me why you can't faint from ectopics??
This concerns me a lot.
Thanks, Loopy

kestral
19-11-07, 19:59
does anybody feel spaces in their pulse when they feel their heart jumping about?

Lexi
19-11-07, 20:30
I understand, fainting is one of my biggest fears too
I also feel spaces in my pulse, kestral :(

TracyL
20-11-07, 00:29
Yep i also feel spaces in my pulse but sometimes i feel like an extra beat in my chest at the same time, totally bizarre!

Tarsh
20-11-07, 10:08
I have done alot of reading on the net about palps recently as I have been suffering from them quite badly.... I am on Propranolol which does not seem to help them much.

A few websites said to try Magnesium so I did and after about three days I notice they have lessoned quite a bit, may be nothing to do with it but its worth a go! I take 200mg a day and have noticed a difference.

Tarsh

peoplelikeus
21-11-07, 11:06
we all seem to have teh same problem ...wow. I thought it was only me!!!!!!!!!

Edith
02-04-11, 22:09
Has your Doctor tried Beta loc it sometimes helps

katielou80
18-04-11, 06:43
i too have been suffering with these pesky things constantly since october! mine are like 10 per minute!!! i have been to the dr 8 times he is not atall concerned as i dont have any other symptoms! my mum has suffered from them too. My friend works for the ambulance service and she also tells me that these skip beats are not atall dangerous!! I drive my partner mad, as these things are totally ruining my life. My dr says he gets them too!..........To reassure you all even more, google dr david richardson, heart and cardiology and skipped beats etc. I just pray for the day they go away!! Im only 30. :( xxxx

scouser1959
20-04-11, 20:36
its been a while since i have been on this site, so here goes! 2 yrs ago i had very bad ectopic beats, they scared the life out of me. I had all the usual tests, blood, countless ecgs, heart scan and finally i was given a 24 hr monitor, i had to write down each time i felt a missed beat, i was terrified because it was loads!!! i went back the next day and was told to vist my gp after the holiday ( it was xmas time), i was so anxious, as i was convinced it was my heart, but no it was harmless ectopic beats, please believe me when i say i know what you are all going through, they are horrendous things to have to put up with but 2 and half yrs later i am still here, and yes they do still come and go, but now im reassured they are not serious i do concentrate hard on trying to ignore them, good luck to you all, and thank you to all the people on here who supported me and reassured me, i wont leave this site, i will come back now and then please keep up the good work you all do. x