PDA

View Full Version : so much nausea

rish1818
11-11-07, 05:21
does panic disorder cause a lot of nausea and burping? (usually tend to get minor relief after burping)

ladygrom
11-11-07, 05:36
hi wen i first started having anxiety i to felt nauseas and also very uncomfortable trapped wind .have you spoken to your doc just for reusurance its worth asking the doc just to settle your own mind .are you on medication for anxiety if so they can also make you feel nauseaus in the first few weeks of treatment .tc elaine

rish1818
11-11-07, 05:44
i mean my doctor thinks i have gastiritis, I am on treatment for that..

judipat
11-11-07, 08:08
Hi Rish

Nausea, stomach probs, excess wind are all classic symptoms of anxiety. I have been getting all 3 and more for about two weeks now on and off. I tend to overbreath when i'm anxious and i think this contributes to having too much wind. I also get bad relux - too much acid and never go anywhere without the old gaviscon!! The doctor can prescibe meds for reflux, but they did'nt suit me. Trapped wind can also be very painful and this can be a bit scary.
The only thing to do is try to relax - drop your shoulder, try to slow your breathing etc (easier said than done - i know).
Hope you feel better soon

Judi

Insomniac
11-11-07, 09:44
Definitely. Nausea accompanies stress and anxiety. I find that I get nausea and indigestion. Some pepople suggest drinking tonic or something plain & fizzy to help you burp and get some relief.