PDA

View Full Version : feeling of weakness on my right arm and leg...help!

Dimdim101
01-06-21, 11:27
I haven't posted here in a while as anxiety has been at bay, but I am really freaking out. A few days ago I went out for some drinks, and woke up the next morning with a tingly/numb hand (the feeling of sleeping on it). I think because I was a bit intoxicated, my body didn't wake me up as it usually would so I may have been lying on my arm in a weird position for longer than usual...I shook it and feeling returned in a few mins as usual, however when I was working on the computer for the next few hours my hand was pretty shaky. That went away after a few hours, but ever since that day (it has been about 4 days now) I am still struggling with a weakness/tremor in my right hand, as well as the leg! I understand I was laying on my hand so the tremor makes sense, but it worries me that I feel the weakness across the entire right side of my body. Every time I walk I have an uncomfortable weakness sensation throughout my right leg, and the same when I try use my right arm/hand. I workout and I'm able to do everything normally strength wise, but the whole time I just feel some weird sensation in my right hand and leg and it is really getting to me. If I hold my right arm out in front of me, the hand shakes slightly (my left hand doesn't at all).

Does it seem like I pinched some nerve that affects both hand and leg when I was sleeping, or is it something going on with my brain as one sided things can be! I worry about my brain alot because I get migraine auras (so always panicking about stroke), so I'm very nervous because it's so hard to ignore - I'm always feeling this uncomfortable sensation when I lift up my hand to grab something or walk around the house because of my leg feeling the same way.

I definitely think I slept on my hand with the way that I woke up and it was tingly and shaky, but I don't understand why I still haven't gone back to normal and why my leg is affected too!
How long is something like this going to last?

I am really freaking out...

Dimdim101
01-06-21, 12:43
If I try to explain the feeling, it's almost as if I can feel every bit of lactic acid in my muscles on that side (so in my right arm and leg)...its just this weird, hypersensitive, weak-y, fatigued lactic acid feeling. I really don't know how else to explain it

I'm having scary thoughts like, maybe I didn't actually sleep on my hand, and I suffered a stroke in my sleep instead. And this is the aftermath. Really freaking out here!

jojo2316
01-06-21, 14:36
This isn’t the first time you have worried about a stroke? Is it possible that you are being hyper aware? Maybe you did sleep badly but excessive focus on the sensations has lead to it becoming something much larger in your mind?

Sia
23-07-21, 10:36
Hi Dimdim did u find a relief? I have the same issue? it’s really weird and scary