PDA

View Full Version : Would a home inspection have noticed bats?

.Poppy.
02-06-21, 15:40
I closed on my house two months ago. It's an old 1920s bungalow with an unfinished basement and an attic. The attic is only accessible through a little square in the ceiling (not a proper trap door) and I know that hole is sealed because my dad put an extra board over it.

My concern arose because we are doing some renovations and opening up walls, and even part of the ceiling was pulled down where you can see through a little hole up into the attic.

I think my roof is sealed - I don't have working fireplace, the roof is in good shape, and even the bathroom vents inside - but of course with the opened up ceiling I started to get very afraid that there could be things living up there that could now come down into the house.

I did have a home inspection where they climbed into the attic and took pictures; they didn't mention bats but they also didn't mention looking for bats. If they saw signs would they have said something?

Fishmanpa
04-06-21, 22:22
I think you know the answer here Poppy.... :whistles: Your imagination and anxiety are having a field day and I think you know it ;)

FMP

Carys
04-06-21, 22:44
I did have a home inspection where they climbed into the attic and took pictures; they didn't mention bats but they also didn't mention looking for bats. If they saw signs would they have said something?

WHy not just ask them ?