PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I was out, a persistent mouth ulcer pulled me back in...

SmithsFan
03-06-21, 12:25
I've been doing well, really well, with my HA for years and suddenly, BOOM! I have self-diagnosed with mouth cancer. The band (panic, catastrophising, bargaining and compulsive googling) are back together.

The catalyst for this was a mouth ulcer I first noticed a number of weeks ago. I get them regularly so didn't bother much and it was only the other day that I thought "i'll really need to get something to speed that healing up" because it wasn't shifting. I searched for what to take for persistent mouth ulcers and one thing led to another.

I'm going through the coping strategies I learned in therapy, trying to keep myself busy, rationalising etc but I cant keep the overriding feeling at bay that, yes, my MS, ALS, cancerx134 and other scares over the years may have come to nought but this is THE ONE. I feel my mind reverting to a state I thought was long gone, I'm crying about not seeing my son growing up and I'm realising I have a frightening memory for the oral cancer pics on the sides of cigarette packs.

I'm trying to make light of it in this post but I am very, very disappointed to be back in the place I was years ago.

Phill2
03-06-21, 19:56
I used to get them quite often.
I found rinsing with Listerine got rid of them.

pav1984
05-06-21, 19:23
My advice is get it checked if it isnt shifting after a few weeks. Most likely nothing but best to be safe.

For what its worth I had a mouth ulcer that lasted I think over a month which also left a scar. Turned out to be just an ulcer after much worry.

pav1984
05-06-21, 19:26
What I meant was get it checked now because it hasnt shifted within a few weeks,not wait a few weeks. Again most likely nothing and it will put your mind at rest

Rluvz
07-06-21, 12:56
Use taro cream. It glues your ulcer back and heals it quicker. Use with listerine or mouthwash for faster heals.

Blessings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk