PDA

View Full Version : Pfizer vaccine today.. your experience? I’m so scared

MagicalSprite
05-06-21, 01:23
Hey guys,

I’ve been under overwhelming stress with life events past few months (mostly from being a carer for my mother who suffers bi polar) My body hasn’t been digesting food well (constant malabsorption/ diarrhoea for months). Eating “easier” food settled the diarrhoea (in the last week or two) but I still have malabsorption. I have tests waiting for me at the docs soon to rule out celiac etc - but I really think my digestion has been crazy sped up due to stress.

Anyway, I’m very worried about the state of my immune system. Obviously most of it is in the gut and my guts aren’t in good shape. Generally, If I’m ill, I tend to get a fever kick in so quick, when the average person wouldn’t get a fever even (and that’s with my usual stress levels - like I said they’ve been at maximum lately) so I’m terrified of my body overreacting to the jab! I can’t even get a scratch or pick a spot without having the area around it swell up, my body just seems so reactive (I’ve stopped picking spots lol) and I read some horror stories about people getting widespread body inflammation after the jab and nearly dying or dying (comments posted on tiktok by the children of those parents) I wish I hadn’t read them!

Basically, I know there’s a lot of stressed/anxious people on this forum - like me, so I’m hoping if I hear positive stories I’ll feel better. I just need some reassurance that a chronically anxious / stressed out person got their jab and was totally fine. That their immune system didn’t freak out / overreact and put them in danger. So if you happen to have been under extreme stress, but your jab was totally fine, I’d so appreciate you taking a minute to post.

Thank you x

Lencoboy
06-06-21, 21:05
I had my second Pfizer jab just over a month ago and I'm still fine.

Sounds like there's some silly people online with an agenda and basically nothing better to be doing right now but cause angst amongst vulnerable and gullible individuals.

Seriously if any of the vaccines were so harmful they would have been withdrawn and banned by now.

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-21, 14:57
I've only recently had my first (I'm 45. Our city seems to be lagging behind on both 1st & 2nd) and just felt a very mild stingy itching sensation around the site (no, not the vaccination centre ) after about 20 mins. It only lasted 30 mins though.

After my first sleep I did wake with some soreness around the site but it was just like you get with the flu jab. It had passed by the end of the day.

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-21, 15:00
I've also read about rare inflammation around the body and they are investigating it. From what I read they said it was an immune system (red arm, red hand, etc) reaction but to have the 2nd jab anyway as it wasn't a serious reaction.

Catkins
07-06-21, 17:46
I've had both Pfizer. First one was fine, maybe a little tired. Second one; achey joints, but it went after a couple of days.

Pamplemousse
07-06-21, 18:09
I've had both Pfizer. First one was fine, maybe a little tired. Second one; achey joints, but it went after a couple of days.

Mirrors my experience exactly.

Pamplemousse
07-06-21, 21:33
I just wish someone would tell yesterday's man to FRO though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57374684

Mind you, this is the bloke who wanted to introduce ID cards.

Lencoboy
07-06-21, 22:00
I just wish someone would tell yesterday's man to FRO though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57374684

Mind you, this is the bloke who wanted to introduce ID cards.

Anthony Bliar the 'has-been'?

Ditto for Margaret Snatcher, John Stranger, Gordon Clown, David Scammeron, Theresa Betray and of course, Boris Ponceson!!

(LOL)!

MagicalSprite
18-06-21, 00:06
Thank you so much everyone! I got way too anxious to go for my first booked jab but I have it rebooked for this weekend now and these responses are helping calm me 🥰

Fishmanpa
18-06-21, 00:43
The wife and I had the Pfizer and as many have said, we were a bit yuck for 24-48 hours but no worse for the wear. Nothing some rest and ibuprofen couldn't handle ;) Good job and thank you for helping!

FMP

sezzyj85@icloud.com
19-06-21, 09:50
I just wanted to pop on and give a nice positive post. I have suffer agoraphobia and health anxiety. Today was my 5th booking my jab. I went had it done an hour ago. It was so easy and quick. They were so kind to me …. Yea I cried and I was shaking so much I dropped my water bottle. The staff were so good they sat me down and when they saw me fanning myself with my leaflet they let me sit outside and one of the staff talked to me for the whole 15 minutes: when I left I been there 30 mins without knowing. Please please if ur anxious just take it one step at a time. Get dressed . Eat . Go to the car. drive to the place . And tell ur self if Sarah can do it anyone can. I promise u will be ok. STAY OFF GOOGLE !!!!!!!!!!
Sending love and positive energy to all who are struggling xxxxxx

Catkins
19-06-21, 10:49
I just wanted to pop on and give a nice positive post. I have suffer agoraphobia and health anxiety. Today was my 5th booking my jab. I went had it done an hour ago. It was so easy and quick. They were so kind to me …. Yea I cried and I was shaking so much I dropped my water bottle. The staff were so good they sat me down and when they saw me fanning myself with my leaflet they let me sit outside and one of the staff talked to me for the whole 15 minutes: when I left I been there 30 mins without knowing. Please please if ur anxious just take it one step at a time. Get dressed . Eat . Go to the car. drive to the place . And tell ur self if Sarah can do it anyone can. I promise u will be ok. STAY OFF GOOGLE !!!!!!!!!!
Sending love and positive energy to all who are struggling xxxxxx

Well done you for getting it done! What a fantastic achievement!