PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety back. Focused hard on rabies. Actually bitten by something.

elswordfish
09-06-21, 07:47
I went out to take the garbage out the other night and afterwards that night I found some kind of two pronged bite on my leg. My mind immediately went to a bat and “OMG it is rabies!”

now the bite is tingling some. And, it’s been five days. I am really scared it was actually a bat even though I didn’t see or feel or hear one. And, it is rabies.

I went to the immediate care yesterday and the nurse said it didn’t look anything like a bat bite though. But, the tingling didn’t start till after I got home.

I tried so hard to believe her. But, with it tingling now I can’t.

Please help me.

BlueIris
09-06-21, 08:03
Okay:

* Ninja bats aren't a thing
* If you didn't see something bite you you don't even know if it is a bite
* That tingling? Probably because you're hyperfocusing on the area
* You don't have rabies. You don't
* Look into getting help/more help for your anxiety

elswordfish
09-06-21, 08:54
God bless you BlueIris.

NoraB
09-06-21, 09:10
* Ninja bats aren't a thing

Spoilsport! You'll be telling us there's no Easter Bunny next! :lac:

BlueIris
09-06-21, 09:20
Spoilsport! You'll be telling us there's no Easter Bunny next! :lac:

Oh, there is, though! How do you think you get chocolate raisins? ;)

elswordfish
09-06-21, 09:27
Eww. Haha.

NoraB
10-06-21, 08:16
Oh, there is, though! How do you think you get chocolate raisins? ;)

:roflmao::roflmao:

elswordfish
12-06-21, 07:46
Freaking out again. Now I have a temperature. It’s 98.7 really worrying me as I stay between 96.9 and 97.7.

I can’t stop thinking I’m gonna die.

Fishmanpa
12-06-21, 12:48
Freaking out again. Now I have a temperature. It’s 98.7 really worrying me as I stay between 96.9 and 97.7.

I can’t stop thinking I’m gonna die.

I'm glad you said 'temperature' because that's a more accurate word as opposed to 'fever'. How is 98.7 a fever and how would one die from a 'normal' body temp? :huh: (and don't give me the 'for me' nonsense ;))

Sorry to be so blunt but your thinking is totally skewed here.

FMP

Carys
12-06-21, 12:50
Ok, so your body temperature has gone up by 1 degree from your usual checking - you do know that a bodys temperature varies during the day, during weather conditions and from anxiety ?

"normal" body temperature can fall within a wide range, from 97 F to 99 F. It's usually lower in the morning and goes up during the day.

Why a bat ? WHy not a snake or spider ? Or a hornet sting ?