PDA

View Full Version : Als fear

ConorWhe
09-06-21, 08:57
Hey guys. So im back again since October of 2020 I've been fearing als. It started as a brain tumor fear and of course after I got an mri and got the all clear I moved to als. My main symptoms are twitching which was widespread and is now set in my thenar, a stiff hand and also while trying the babinski I noticed on my right foot that my middle toe would straighten but there was no movement of my big toe. I've been to the doctors who have looked at my hand and said there was no wasting or loss of strength they also checked my reflexes but not babinksi or hoffman. I do feel relief after the doctors visit and have organised to start CBT but was wondering if I should go back ans get him to try the other reflex tests. I'm only in my mid 20's and this is kind of taking over my life

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

jojo2316
09-06-21, 11:54
Hi! Poor you. I know the fear as I am in the middle of it myself too. Time will heal. Eventually you will notice that your symptoms are not progressing and that it cannot be als ....

Anxiouscow
12-06-21, 21:58
ALS causes twitching in the advanced stages of the disease. You would have absolutely undeniably awful bodily symptoms by now if you were in an advanced stage of ALS.

You have anxiety.