PDA

View Full Version : anxiety & panic attacks

sufos
11-11-07, 17:34
Hi,
Im new to this and just wanted to introduce myself, I started having panic attacks about 3 months ago, it all started after a really close friend died after suffering 2 heart attacks.

I managed to eventually get my head around the fact that they were panic attacks and not me suffering from heart problems and about to die.

But the problems I have now are the constant symptoms of panic but not actually having a panic attack, is this normal??

It starts as soon as I get up in the morning I feel really anxious and a huge pressure in the middle of my chest,I also get a constant feeling of my heart pounding although its not racing Im just horribly aware of it, This normally happens as soon as I sit down to relax or go to bed.

The other problem is the constant shooting pains in my chest and around my breast bone on the left side. I have had all the medical tests ie ecg and bloods and I know everything is healthy. But as soon as I get any symptoms my thoughts turn straight to what health problems could be causing them.
I feel if i could just get rid of these symptoms I would be able to get through this, but at the moment they are controlling my life,
Can anyone offer help or advice

Thanks

Sufos

honeybee3939
11-11-07, 17:38
Hi Sufos

Welcome to NMP,its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Make sure you check out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also the are situated at the left hand side of this page.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
11-11-07, 17:43
Hi Sufos

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I would start by reading all the website pages on the left for loads of advice and an explanation of the symptoms etc.

Hope we can be of some help.

sufos
11-11-07, 17:45
Thanks, I am reading all the information now, it seems really helpful

sufos

groovygranny
11-11-07, 19:20
Hello sufos:welcome:to you!

It does sound as though these are anxiety symptoms - I know mornings can be particularly bad.

You'll get plenty of help and support here, sounds as though you already are!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
11-11-07, 21:42
Hello Sufos And Welcome To The Site..... Wish You Well....linda

MidnightRunner
12-11-07, 01:39
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Welcome to the site :)

manmoor
12-11-07, 08:06
Hi Sufos,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

CarmR
12-11-07, 10:47
Hi Sufos

Welcome to the site and as everyone has said you will find loads of suprt and help here..

I can totally relate to what you say...when i wake up in the morning i feel terribly Anxious, my stomach churns, my heart pounds and i feel sick, cant eat, pains,etc it just goes on and on...just like you say its having constant symptoms of panic but not actually having a panic attack....Its so horrible, but it does get better sufos, you have to fight it..

Feel free to get in touch if you want to chat :D

Take care

Carmel:blush:

Nibbles
13-11-07, 17:27
Hi Sufos and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I can feel anxious for no apparent reason so know exactly how you feel.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
15-11-07, 08:35
hi sufos

http://www.stormymoongraphics.com/caimages/Toodles%20Welcome%20Graphic.gif

take kare xxxxx