PDA

View Full Version : Slightly elevated Beta 2 globulin test

lisak789
12-06-21, 18:07
I am so worried for the past three years I have has a slightly elevated Beta 2 globulin blood test. Normal is 2.0 to 5.0 mine was 5.5 and went up to 5.8. Everything I have read says that means there’s a blood cancer and yet my dr doesn’t seem worried. I’m sick with worry. Has anyone else had an elevated test like this??

Anxiouscow
12-06-21, 19:42
I am so worried for the past three years I have has a slightly elevated Beta 2 globulin blood test. Normal is 2.0 to 5.0 mine was 5.5 and went up to 5.8. Everything I have read says that means there’s a blood cancer and yet my dr doesn’t seem worried. I’m sick with worry. Has anyone else had an elevated test like this??

Your doctor is qualified to assess whether you make the risk criteria of blood cancer. If you had elevated beta 2 for three years caused by blood cancer you would be very ill by now.

Trust your doctor. They spent years studying to become qualified. If they suspected blood cancer they wouldn't fob you off. They know more than Dr Google, I promise.

lisak789
29-06-21, 14:28
I went back to the doctor yesterday and asked if he would retest me in a few months to ease my mind and he said no. Should I get a second opinion? I’m just so worried about this test result.

Fishmanpa
29-06-21, 14:41
Regardless of what people say here (and I wouldn't get another test/opinion), I've come to learn that you're going to do what you're going to do. The dragon is a very persuasive little devil ;)

FMP