PDA

View Full Version : After a panic attack, i worry about heart now. Why does this happen?

MrAlexander88
14-06-21, 23:43
I felt ok before the other day, but then I had a panic attack and my chest now aches and feels like I've been bench pressing haha. This then sets me off thinking I've got heart issues. It doesn't help that I'm overweight. I've been out for short jogs and walks, which slightly helped. I just worry about it. I haven't spoken to the doctor as wanted to see if it goes away. Problem is, I've only felt it since today. As I say, it's only been since Saturday I felt like this. Before then I was okay. Just wanted some reassurance and advice I guess. Thanks.

BlueIris
15-06-21, 06:59
Chest pain and panic attacks go hand in hand. Honestly, it probably wouldn't hurt to see your GP, but chances are there'll be absolutely nothing wrong.

Anxiouscow
15-06-21, 12:43
I felt ok before the other day, but then I had a panic attack and my chest now aches and feels like I've been bench pressing haha. This then sets me off thinking I've got heart issues. It doesn't help that I'm overweight. I've been out for short jogs and walks, which slightly helped. I just worry about it. I haven't spoken to the doctor as wanted to see if it goes away. Problem is, I've only felt it since today. As I say, it's only been since Saturday I felt like this. Before then I was okay. Just wanted some reassurance and advice I guess. Thanks.

You had a panic attack, which caused chest discomfort, and your brain is wired to associate chest discomfort with imminent cardiac doom because you've got HA. Speak to your GP if you are genuinely concerned about your heart, if not, try and get some CBT :)