PDA

View Full Version : Just my own little secret. i need to get it out

SammiB
11-11-07, 23:18
hey guys

i think maybe i have been spiralling with my anxiety mainly on the fact that i have been fighting something.

i think that i'm gay.

you don't need to know this but at least i've had the courage to write it.

now its time for me to let it go

thanks

i hope this post does not bother anyone as it has helped me with my own probs.

groovygranny
11-11-07, 23:27
Hi Sammi,

Certainly hasn't bothered me and I don't suppose it will bother anybody else here.

Only too glad that you've been helped by writing it down.

Hopefully, this excercise has helped you prepare for telling those closest to you - if you haven't already!

Big hugs

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

alexis
11-11-07, 23:34
Hi, I dont think this post will bother anybody on here, hopefully it has eased your mind a lot by writing and admitting it, xxxx

Caribou
11-11-07, 23:39
Hi Sammi,

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay and nobody on here will think any differently of you. I know said you were worried in chat earlier how people would react to something you'd posted; theres really no need to worry and please don't feel you need to justify yourself to anyone. I hope it feels better getting this off your chest though.

Cari
xxx

Dying_Swan
11-11-07, 23:52
Sammi.

Is that all it was? I don't mean in the least to play down your feelings here. It's just that I was wondering (in chat) if you were about to tell us you'd murdered someone or something!

I am sure it must be a very big thing for you to 'admit', and I think it's fantastic that you've felt able to do so here. I very much doubt that anyone will judge you, but if they do, sod 'em. Why on earth should it bother anyone? Being gay is simply a part of who you are, and I for one happen to think you are rather a smashing person!

I really hope you feel a whole lot better for getting it off your chest :)

Take care xxxx :flowers:

SammiB
11-11-07, 23:52
thanks everyone - i have just been all over in my head and thought you know what its me.

so thanks again for being here, for giving me the courage - if i hadn't got to know you guys i probably wouldn't have said anything.

ta
xx

Dying_Swan
11-11-07, 23:55
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

clickaway
12-11-07, 00:37
I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid!

Maybe the most important thing in life is happiness, and I think it's important that you dispel any murky clouds that may be hanging around to get in their way.

Be confident in yourself and don't be put off by what others say or think.

Be Yourself and Take Care :)

Quirky
12-11-07, 00:42
Hi there,

I don't know you but it certainly does not bother me what anyones sexuality is - it is no more important to me than what someones hair or eye colour is - ie it just does not matter at all. You are you and that is all that matters. I hope getting this secret out helps you move on.

:hugs:

Lisa x

Rain
12-11-07, 09:28
:yesyes: Hi Sammi, Coming out is a huge step but is also hugely liberating. Starting to live a new life as who you really are will be such a great experience for you. You won't look back! I came out on November 24th 1997 and these have been without doubt the happiest years of my life. I wish the same for you :flowers:

Gabby
12-11-07, 10:49
Hey Sammi

Well done for having the courage to put that down in writing. Its really brave of you. Anyone that thinks differently bout you is a wally! I still luv ya anyway!

G x

anxious
12-11-07, 10:50
Hi Sammi,

certainly don't bother me :hugs:

love anx x

michellemumof4
12-11-07, 11:43
Hi Sammi ,

Well done sweetie , So pleased you did this post - it dont make a ounce of difference to me, and I am sure everyone else here feels the same and if they dont LET me know ........ Mummy sort it Lol

Well done Angel xxxxxxxxxxx

belle
12-11-07, 12:02
Hi there..

It's a big thing to accept for yourself, no one else will mind one bit :)
You've made the first step...the only way is UP from now..

x

ladygrom
12-11-07, 12:04
hi sammie it realy dosnt bother me my friend wat sexuality anyone is as long as ther happy .and well don sammie for geting it off your chest tc elaine xxxxxx

Lilith1980
12-11-07, 12:08
I remember when my brother came out - well he didn't really spell it out to me....

Since he was about 14 (I am 4 years older) I thought he was gay. Dont ask me why, maybe its because we're brother and sister and you "sense" these things when you are family. I have no idea.

Anyway, at his 18th birthday he brought a "friend" round. Really nice guy, but we knew he wasn't a friend really. Didnt bother us at all but we were just waiting to be told by my younger brother.

Anyway, about 3 months later I got a text from him out of the blue saying "I'm glad that you're ok about me and xxx seeing each other". And that was his "confirmation" to me that he was gay!

I remember I was at work at the time of the text, and I was so incredibly happy for him. I literally ran around the office telling all my friends that I was so proud of him and I was crying with happiness.

All that matters to me is that my brother is happy and content with who he is. He had been so worried for years - he thought we would disown him, but we would never do that. We love him. He's my little brother :-)

Good luck to you, I bet you will feel so "alive" afterwards. I cannot vouch for how it feels but it can never be a bad thing - be who you are meant to be xxx

yorkylover
12-11-07, 14:51
Hi Sammie,congratulations on coming out.:yesyes:

My brother is gay and he has had alot of problems in the past with bottling things up about it.I also have two cousins who are gay,brother and sister from the same family.My male cousin actually had a civil ceremony with his partner last year.And his sister lives with her partner.

Well done on opening up lovey.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

honeybee3939
12-11-07, 14:57
Hi Sammi

Well done you hun for been so open about things.:hugs:

Onwards and upwards for you from now on hun..:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

AnxAndy
13-11-07, 16:35
Sammi, Sammi, Sammi!
Good for you girl, evrybody knows what a smashing person you are and thats whats important. If your a happier smashing person thats even better!
now what was this nonsense you were worried about?
A x

kittykat
14-11-07, 10:24
Hey Sammi,

Well done for having the courage to get this of your chest, now you don't have to hide things and people certainly won't think any less of you and if they do its their problem not yours, its who you are inside that matters .

take care xx

Believe
14-11-07, 10:40
Sammi,

It doesn't matter to me, I just hope that you are feeling better now. Don't let people's thoughts do this to you.

Granny Primark
14-11-07, 11:08
Hi sammi,
Well done for saying how you feel.
It certainly doesnt bother me.
The people who it does bother arent worth knowing or worrying about.

Take care
LYNN xx

bottleblond
14-11-07, 17:05
Hi Sammi,

It doesn't matter to me if your gay, straight, black, white, green or bumbee tartan. :shrug: Just be yourself hun, accept who you are and be happy.

love lisa
xxxx :yesyes: