PDA

View Full Version : Pfizer jab after previous Covid infection

mez
21-06-21, 21:55
As it says on the tin 🙈 I've got my jab coming up on Wednesday- Pfizer (I've booked and rescheduled it several times as I just can't bring myself to go..). I had a confirmed (mild) case of covid in March this year and I've read that the jab can cause bad side effects if you've previously had Covid. Does anyone have any experiences of the Pfizer effects following a case of Covid?
I took part in an antibody study a few weeks ago and have antibodies confirmed, and presumably ready to go and hit the spike proteins hard 😢
I'm mainly worried as I'm the sole parent for my daughter while my husband works away, and I can't exactly tuck myself in bed and watch films and feel sorry for myself for a few days.
I should maybe add that my husband has had both covid and the first pfizer jab and was fine. But he might have been stubbornly saying that because he knows what I'm like!

Iwant2bhealthy
21-06-21, 22:01
Does anyone have any experiences of the Pfizer effects following a case of Covid?

My aunt had Covid, and she got a jab 2 months after recovery. She felt a little sick and had a fever in the evning/night following the vaccination. The next day all was great.

Maybe get a babysitter or ask a family member to stay with you for the evening/night following vaccination?

Good luck!

mez
21-06-21, 22:13
Thankyou- I think I might stay at my mum's the night after it, possibly the second night too if I still feel rough! It's a bit of a pain to get my daughter to school from there, but at least if I really can't get out of bed, they can take her 😕

Fishmanpa
21-06-21, 22:19
My daughter and her husband went for the jab (Pfizer) and ended up getting COVID. Apparently, they were exposed prior. They went for their second jabs and aside from the normal yuck for a couple of days, are doing fine. I'm sure your experience will be much the same.

Thank you for being part of the solution!

Positive thoughts

NancyW
22-06-21, 00:38
Right there with ya Mez.

I had covid last November, I have the same thoughts you do. Glad you've got your appointment, I am working up the nerve to go to a walk in, I want Pfizer too.

Good luck Wednesday I'll be looking for an update.

elizabethalice
22-06-21, 09:53
Hello, I had covid in January and had my vax a couple of weeks ago. I felt very achy and tired for a couple of days, and my boyfriend who had worse covid than I did had a fever. It was kind of a milder case of both of our main symptoms if that makes sense? I would recommend seeing if someone can look after your daughter for a day as I wouldn't have wanted to leave the house on the first day. But it was much much better than covid or the risk of getting it again :)

mez
22-06-21, 12:15
thankyou, I think I will definitely stay with my mum tomorrow night then. My case of covid was really very mild- I had a headache and a bit of a cough and loss of taste and smell, but no fever and no aches and pains so I really did get off very lightly and had my husband not already tested positive with worse symptoms I probably wouldn't have even tested (loss of taste and smell came much later on than my positive test). I'm sure I won't be quite so lucky with the jab :/ though he had zero effects from it.
It's very much fear of the unknown with me and I'm struggling with voluntarily making myself poorly 🙈 not sure how I'll manage tomorrow

mez
24-06-21, 12:01
just to update- I cancelled it. I'm hoping my natural antibodies will keep me ok until I grow a pair.

Carys
24-06-21, 22:32
Awwwww, sorry to hear that, but admire your honesty and humour.

elizabethalice
26-06-21, 09:38
just to update- I cancelled it. I'm hoping my natural antibodies will keep me ok until I grow a pair.

You can do it, Mez! :) I would recommend finding time when you can have the day off the next day, but honestly the side effects were, for me, the same symptoms I had when I had covid but very weakened down. And it'll protect you from getting it again. Completely up to you what you do, but I'd definitely recommend rebooking the app when you can :)

NancyW
26-06-21, 19:50

Oh MEZ I feel exactly the same, the encouraging responses I have gotten here are helping grow mine. I wish we could go together, have any vacation time to come to the US so we can do that ? :-) ox

pulisa
26-06-21, 19:55
It would be a great idea to be paired up with a local vaccine buddy, wouldn't it? For mutual support and encouragement in the whole process.

Fishmanpa
26-06-21, 20:11
It would be a great idea to be paired up with a local vaccine buddy, wouldn't it? For mutual support and encouragement in the whole process.

That's actually a great idea! Maybe start a Vaccine Buddy Facebook Page where people could meet up and brave it together. Then, contact the local news stations and inform them of what you've done and I'm sure they would make a story out of it as so many have fears about the vaccine.

FMP

elizabethalice
26-06-21, 21:34
I just found an instagram account by username dr.noc which made me chuckle. He does lots of pro vaccine reels but they are quite funny. Recommend it if you want to look at some pro vax stuff! :)

mez
28-06-21, 20:04
thanks for all the positive replies :) I had a break from looking it up at all over the weekend (googling is a massively bad thing that I do 🙄). I'm still not sure what to do really. I'm not saying never, but for now til my head is in a better place I'm going to leave it I think. I hate to think that people think I'm an anti vaxer- I'm definitely not- I've had every other jab going 🤣 but I'm aware this seems to have slipped into a phobia now, which is quite hard to get out of :/

NancyW
28-06-21, 22:55
Mez, I knew I wanted to get it, I was getting real tired of hearing about it and being literally the only one wearing a mask at both my jobs.

I told 2 of my coworkers I was going to go and both told me how happy that made them, they love me and want me to be protected. Neither had said a word before.

I felt a wreck this morning but it really helped that my friend was with me.

I feel better but the anxiety looms over me wondering if I'll have side effects, hopefully I won't.

I go back in 3 weeks for #2.

Thinking about you kiddo, I so understand how you're feeling.

mez
28-06-21, 23:23
oh well done Nancy! That's fab- I bet you're already feeling much better having had it. Let us know how you get on, though you'll be absolutely fine, as my husband was- and he really likes to take to bed at the slightest hint of a cold!
I feel like if any pop-up or walk in clinics came up here (they do every few weeks or so) then I'd be more likely to go, rather than to book an appointment for next week at a centre an hour away- giving my anxiety too much time to bubble and fester. I'll keep an eye out for one. Maybe of an evening after a glass of wine for dutch courage 😂
Enjoy your super boosted immunity! 😁

NancyW
29-06-21, 01:04
Mez, I needed the walk in too. I hate waiting for appointments and test results wonder if that has a name.

elizabethalice
29-06-21, 16:12
oh well done Nancy! That's fab- I bet you're already feeling much better having had it. Let us know how you get on, though you'll be absolutely fine, as my husband was- and he really likes to take to bed at the slightest hint of a cold!
I feel like if any pop-up or walk in clinics came up here (they do every few weeks or so) then I'd be more likely to go, rather than to book an appointment for next week at a centre an hour away- giving my anxiety too much time to bubble and fester. I'll keep an eye out for one. Maybe of an evening after a glass of wine for dutch courage 😂
Enjoy your super boosted immunity! 😁

They might have some walk ins in Wales Mez, they have some in England atm :) google 'grab a jab!'

mez
21-08-21, 11:05
Just a quick update if anyone stumbles across this. I've just been for the jab. The lead up this morning was definitely worse than being there and getting it. I think the hardest part for me will be the rest of the day, wondering how my body is going to react. Lets hope it's not too bad 😣😣😣

NancyW
23-08-21, 03:45
Mez how are you today? This was day 2 for you right ?

I felt the worst on day 2, it got better on day 3.

mez
23-08-21, 12:26
Mez how are you today? This was day 2 for you right ?

I felt the worst on day 2, it got better on day 3.

It's over 48 hours after my jab and my arm is hurting a lot less than it was yesterday. I do feel really tired and hot, but I've been walking again this morning and it's a really hot day, added on to the massive walk I did yesterday and although part of me wants to say it might be a side effect, I really don't think I can blame it on the jab as I'd likely feel like this anyway!

NancyW
23-08-21, 18:46
That's great Mez!

Charlie1108
23-08-21, 19:54
Hi Mez, I'm a fellow Welshie 😊. I had Pfizer yesterday and have also been a bit on the warm side and my arm is now aching less. Hoping that's it as far as side effects go. My partner also had his yesterday and was a bit fluey last night but ok today and able to go to work etc. I had covid in December and all the symptoms a second time when my son had it a couple of weeks ago but tested negative x

mez
23-08-21, 20:46
Hi Mez, I'm a fellow Welshie 😊. I had Pfizer yesterday and have also been a bit on the warm side and my arm is now aching less. Hoping that's it as far as side effects go. My partner also had his yesterday and was a bit fluey last night but ok today and able to go to work etc. I had covid in December and all the symptoms a second time when my son had it a couple of weeks ago but tested negative x

Hello! That sounds very similar to me then- my arm has almost completely stopped hurting now, but I'm so, so tired this evening! I've had a much busier than usual few days though straight after a couple of sleepless nights due to a poorly child last week, so the rational part of my head is waving a flag shouting 'that is why you are tired!' 😂
My husband had his jab back in May, and had no ill effects (appart from he had terrible onion smelling sweat?! which is completely new and a one off but it doesn't list that particular side effect anywhere 🤣) and he slept a lot on the second night.
Interesting that you had the covid symptoms again the second time- I think they're assuming (or hoping) that people with antibodies don't shed quite so much of the virus when they encounter it again, but your immune response to it will have been the same and probably what made you feel like you had it again to some degree.
I hope you both feel back to normal tomorrow!

NancyW
23-08-21, 21:22
Mez this was #1 right?

mez
23-08-21, 21:54
Mez this was #1 right?
Yep, 1st jab

Charlie1108
23-08-21, 22:35
Yes, this is what I'm thinking as I definitely felt like I was fighting something! I have also had disturbed sleep from my daughter having toothache and have just done 3 days in London so like you, my exhaustion could be that!

Lencoboy
24-08-21, 07:28
I also recommend many of you take a peek at some of Dr John Campbell's most recent YouTube videos re antibodies through jabs and natural infection, that is, if you haven't yet seen them.

NancyW
25-08-21, 02:32
I also recommend many of you take a peek at some of Dr John Campbell's most recent YouTube videos re antibodies through jabs and natural infection, that is, if you haven't yet seen them.

I watch him every night before I go to sleep and on the rare occasion he doesn't have a new video, I repeat one. <3

glassgirlw
25-08-21, 03:21
I watch him every night before I go to sleep and on the rare occasion he doesn't have a new video, I repeat one. <3

I keep hearing his name. I may have to go watch a video to see what it’s all about!

NancyW
25-08-21, 15:38
I keep hearing his name. I may have to go watch a video to see what it’s all about!

Go to youtube and type Dr John Campbell in the search.