PDA

View Full Version : effexor...side effects

bethyboo
09-02-05, 18:08
i went back on effexor on monday 75mg, and only becasue ive been on them beofre can i deal with the severe side affects. i was on seroxat 7 years ago which i have to admit the side effects were alot more horrific. but my point is although in the leaflets it states that you may suffer from side affects why is it that noone pre warns you as to how horrific you are going to feel. my doctor (who is lovely but a bit blazaa (soz spelling) didnt warn me the first or second time. or is it just me. once i start taking medication i become worse before i get better. nobody pre warns you of how mental you are going to feel to prepare you for it. in the last few days i have felt more insane than ever. my head is completely clouded with electric fuzziness,i cannot eat a thing. i cant drink tea or smoke cigarrets. i cant sleep, i feel like i am coming up on extasy(yes i know but i was very young at the time).i cant talk to anyone, my face keeps burning hot and ive got this electircy chemical feeling in my cheeks and the back of my through. on the whole i feel horrific and completely gouged out. is it just me or does everyone suffer so severly wehn they first go on medication xx

beth salisbury

seh1980
09-02-05, 20:02
hi Beth,

I had really bad side-effects when I started taking Cipralex. The worst was one afternoon when I felt that a 100kg weight had been attached to the right side of my head and it honestly felt like my head would roll off at any moment. Some people don't get any side-effects at all, which is probably why the doctors don't say anything. Also, they probably don't want to scare us. Hope you feel better soon!!

Sarah :D

bethyboo
10-02-05, 14:17
thanku, i am so envious of people that dont suffer the side affects.when i feel like this i want to stop them but i know id feel worse. is my fourth day and i feel a bit better. still feel completely spaced out and just yucky but know that in a few days it will go away xx

beth xx

Mike26uk
12-02-05, 20:23
I was on effexor for a while but suffered from bad headaches and muscle pain. Switched to seroxat and have been fine ever since. I have read however that others have suffered bad side effects with that too! I guess people just react differently to certain medicines than others.

My advice would be to tick it out for as long as you can and if nothing improves then go back to see your doctor

I react badly to penicillin as well!

no one ever died wishing they had spent more time at work

FAN
12-02-05, 20:50
hi sorry your feeling so bad but the best thing to do is stick with it cos as you say in a few days the side effects will go away then you can concentrate on feeling much better

fan x

bubbles
13-02-05, 02:19
Beth,

I had horrible side effects when I started on Sertraline last October. My doc hadn't really mentioned that it might get worse before it gets better. But after about 10 days the side effects diminished & I felt as if a weight had been lifted & felt much better.

The pills gave me a breathing space & I was able to stand back a bit from it all. Most days are fine now.

Hope you soon feel better & the side effects subside.

Linda.

razocaine_07
20-02-05, 14:47
hi , i was offered effexor about 6months ago after coming off beta-blockers. I turned them down because of how common it was to see people telling me about bad side effects they were getting. However, always remember that its different for everyone and something can work for someone that wont work for anyone else